If your home was damaged or destroyed in a tropical storm, we could help you file your insurance claim. Like many homeowners, you may have both homeowner’s and flood insurance. While double protection can be beneficial, it can also create confusion when dealing with multiple insurance policies or agencies. With our legal team by your side, you do not have to seek compensation on your own.
Our Lafayette storm loss lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you get back to normal after a tropical storm by handling communication with your insurance company for you. After ensuring your family is safe, we work with you to help you get the maximum allowable payout so you can restore your property. We take care of filing forms, making and responding to emails and phone calls, and can even help you file an appeal.
Filing an Insurance Claim For Storm-Damaged Property in Lafayette
Insurance Information Institute (III) guidelines recommend adding flood insurance to your homeowner’s insurance since the vast majority of storms also lead to extensive flooding. Whether you are filing one or more insurance claims, the process can be complicated and laborious. It will involve:
- Obtaining, completing, and submitting required insurance forms
- Creating a detailed list of your home’s damage or destruction
- Creating a detailed list of your damaged or destroyed personal property
- Providing details on the costs of your alternative living expenses
Your insurer may also ask for photos, videos, and repair and replacement estimates. We can help you deal with all of these requirements and file your paperwork in a timely fashion. Without our assistance, you can spend far too long on insurance forms and waiting for your payout.
When we represent you, we help speed up the process, if possible, and ensure your insurance company adheres to their legal responsibility to compensate you within 30 days of reaching a settlement agreement as RS 22:1973 requires. You should not have to endure an extensive wait for your payment, and we work hard to make sure you do not have to.
Review the Coverage Your Insurance Provides for Weather-Related Property Losses
As you prepare to file an insurance claim, you need to know which losses your policy covers. While your policy may vary from the homeowner next door, most homeowner’s policies will cover the following:
- The structure itself, which will cover the costs of rebuilding or repairing your home
- Loss of your personal belongings, including furnishings, clothing, and other possessions
- The cost of repairing or replacing damaged or ruined landscaping might also be covered
- ALE – additional living expenses if your property is not safe for your return
The specific coverage of your policy will be spelled out in writing. One of the first things our legal team will request from you is a complete copy of your insurance documents. We will read and review your policy, including all of its fine print and use the coverage it outlines to help you get the compensation you deserve and are entitled to.
What to Do If Your Initial Storm Loss Claim Was Denied
When we say we are on your side, we mean it. Even if your storm damaged property claim is denied, we help you keep fighting for compensation – all the way to court if we have to. Whether your storm damage claim was valued too low or denied altogether, we will:
- Review your initial application
- Review your insurer’s response
- Rebuild and resubmit your claim
We help you deal with the appeals process from start to finish and ensure the insurance adjuster values your case fairly and correctly. In addition, our storm damage lawyers make sure your insurance company does not engage in bad faith practices or mishandle your case in any way.
For a free legal consultation with a storm loss lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 777-7777
We Will Fight to Get a Settlement for Your Storm Damage Insurance Claim
After the recent weather event in Lafayette, our storm loss attorney and our client support team is mobilized to help. Insurance coverage is a contract, and when we represent you, we make sure the insurer lives up to their part of your agreement. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our legal team will:
- Prove the degree of your damage
- Prove the value of your damage
- Ensure your application is complete
- Check your application for accuracy
- Monitor the progress of your claim
- Provide you with ongoing updates
- Take your insurer to court, if necessary
Your insurance policy will give us the details of your coverage, including the forms of evidence your insurer requires. It will also provide us with leverage to ensure you are not denied coverage without a valid reason, given an unreasonably low estimate, or otherwise treated unfairly or outside the parameters of your contract.
We Help Our Clients Recover
You are never alone in your fight to recover monetary damages from your insurance company when you retain our law firm. We represent you with integrity and tenacity, as our previous clients affirm when they say:
- “Digger helped me a lot. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be in the position I am right now. I would have nothing. He took care of everything for me. Digger got me back on my feet.” – Carl
- “I made an appointment with David, and it was a real good experience. He worked with me all the way and was like a good friend in a time of need. I don’t think anybody could have done a better job than he did.” – Keith
- “David was a phenomenal individual. I felt secure; I felt that he was protecting me and my family, and he was going to get us what we deserved. He was a great lawyer and went above and beyond.” – Kelsie
Your storm loss case is a priority to our team, so we fight hard to get your insurance company to do right by you. Our goal is to help you get your financial recovery in progress right away.
Lafayette Storm Loss Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Contact Our Storm Loss Attorney Today to Get Immediate Help for Your Damages
You do not have to endure the insurance recovery process on your own. Our storm loss attorneys represent clients in Lafayette who need assistance dealing with their insurance company. Find out how we can help you by calling (337) 777-7777 or contact one of our team members here at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today.