Every day, thousands of trucks traverse the roads of Louisiana. Truck drivers are a critical lifeline, keeping our economy moving and thriving. But, although truck drivers are essential to our everyday lives, disaster can immediately strike.
Driving in the modern era is safer than ever with improved safety technology in all our vehicles; however, truck accidents can be extremely severe. If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident, it is important to immediately get in touch with a Jennings big rig accident lawyer from Laborde Earles injury lawyers. We will help you get started with your case and take care of all the legalities surrounding your suit.
Causes of Big Rig Accidents
There are many reasons that truck accidents could occur, some of the most common being the long hours worked by the truck drivers and the lifestyle of always being on the road contributing to fatigue per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). In addition, due to job and lifestyle circumstances, truckers might not be as alert as they should be, causing catastrophic errors.
Truck drivers often work long hours, leading to fatigue, one of the most common causes of accidents on Louisiana roads. Due to the long hours and fatigue, it is more likely that the driver will make a mistake.
Under the Influence
Louisiana law states that driving under the influence is illegal for any motorist. In addition, driving under the influence is extremely negligent and could result in tragic accidents that could have been avoided.
Large Blind Spots
Semi-trucks are large vehicles with difficult blind spots where the driver might not notice you. This could cause the driver to collide with another vehicle unintentionally.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Jennings, call (337) 777-7777
Common Injuries Victims Suffer in Truck Accidents
There can be a large number of injuries sustained due to a truck accident. This is because trucks weigh much more than cars; therefore, car occupants will likely sustain more injuries. Some of the most common truck accident injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Traumatic brain injuries can be caused by the occupant’s head hitting the car door, windshield, or other parts of the vehicle. The effects of a TBI could cause memory loss and even death.
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Colliding with a truck could also cause spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or total paralysis. This could lead to costly medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Fractures and Broken Bones
- Fractures and broken bones are the most common types of injuries from truck accidents. Depending on the severity, these can be extremely debilitating and occur anywhere throughout the body. Treatment and recovery from these injuries is a long and tedious process. Furthermore, the effects of these injuries could cause additional issues down the road.
If you were in a truck accident, get in touch with our big rig accident attorneys serving Jennings, LA. We are here to fight for you and get you the compensation you deserve.
Jennings Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Steps to Take After an Accident with a Big Rig
It is worth mentioning that being involved in an accident can be traumatizing. It will take time to heal and recover from your injuries, and your daily life might be disrupted. Although filing a claim is critical, there are a few other things that must be done right after the accident occurs:
- Call for help: Regardless of your injuries, getting in touch with the police and other first responders is critical so they can help you and assess the scene.
- Document the scene: Taking photos of the accident scene is a great way to provide evidence and help your lawyer file your claim.
- Get medical help: Depending on the injury, you might not notice any aches or pains until a few days after the accident. Therefore, you should seek help from a medical professional immediately.
- Gather evidence: It is important to gather any evidence from the scene. This will further help your lawyer build a case file for your suit.
- Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers: Navigating the legalities of your case can be difficult; therefore, you should get in touch with our firm so we can schedule a free consultation and discuss your case in detail before filing suit. We will be with you every step of the way.
When you are involved in a trucking accident, there could be multiple parties involved. Therefore, getting in touch with our big rig accident attorneys as soon as possible is critical.
Click to contact our Jennings Truck Accident Lawyers today
Liability in Big Rig Accidents Can Be Complex
Accidents, especially those involving big rigs, can be highly complex and usually require thorough investigation by the agencies involved. Therefore, we first seek the accounts from both parties about what exactly happened.
State and federal agencies are brought on board when an accident is being investigated to provide their expertise. The injuries resulting from these accidents can be very serious or even life-threatening. Let us review a few of the situations that could cause a truck accident:
- Severe weather conditions
- Driver fatigue
- Human error
- Driving under the influence
- Excessive speed
- Driving aggressively
- Not paying attention
- Faulty truck parts
- Errors while loading
- Design flaws
When a truck accident occurs, serious injuries are often involved; therefore, you must receive the most compensation possible for your damages, such as medical expenses or lost wages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Louisiana’s Statute of Limitations Affects Your Big Rig Accident Claim
The statute of limitations is your time limit for filing an accident case. In Louisiana, you must file suit exactly one year from the accident date. Due to this short period and the complexities of your case, it is best to get in touch with our big rig accident attorneys immediately.
Learn About Your Legal Options by Contacting a Jennings Big Rig Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident, get in touch with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today. Our Jennings big rig accident lawyers have the experience and resources to bring you the compensation you deserve. We take pride in representing our clients and want them to have the best experience possible. Contact us for a free case evaluation today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form