If you or someone you love were injured in an accident in a rideshare car, such as Uber or Lyft, you might not know where to turn for financial compensation. Our law firm can help determine whether you should pursue financial recovery from the rideshare driver, the company, or both. We can also help you prove and document the cause of the accident and the losses you experienced.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our Houma Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers can seek financial compensation for the cost of treating your injuries, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Our team can also prepare your personal injury case, build your case file, prove the value of any recoverable damages you request, and negotiate a favorable monetary settlement.
Types of Compensation in a Rideshare Accident Case
When we represent you in your pursuit of compensation, we work hard to ensure that your financial damages are well-documented and assigned an accurate value. According to CC Art. 2315, you can seek the following types of recoverable damages from the at-fault party:
- Medical bills
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
If a loved one was fatally injured in the accident, we can also help you collect wrongful death damages. These may include funeral and burial expenses, compensation for their financial contributions, and loss of consortium, companionship, and guidance.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accident lawyer serving Houma, call (337) 777-7777
We Determine Whose Insurance Policy to Pursue
To determine which insurer should be pursued for damages, our rideshare accident lawyer works closely with clients in Houma who were injured in Uber and Lyft accidents. We will:
- Review the rideshare driver’s status at the time of the accident
- Read and review the driver’s private insurance policy
- Read and review the rideshare company’s insurance policy
We also make sure that your case is not in jeopardy of dismissal by complying with CC Art. 3492, the personal injury statute of limitations, or CC Art. 2315.2, the wrongful death statute of limitations. Each of these statutes generally gives you only one year to file your lawsuit – so the sooner you get our team involved, the better.
Uber’s Insurance Policy
Uber has three tiers of insurance protection. Uber drivers and passengers are covered by one of the following options:
- Drivers who are offline or off-app rely on their personal insurance for coverage.
- Drivers who are on-app, available, and waiting for a ride request are covered up to $50,000 in bodily injury compensation per person, $100,000 in bodily injury compensation per accident, and $25,000 in property damage compensation per accident.
- Drivers who are on their way to a passenger or actively transporting one are covered for up to $1,000,000 in third-party liability coverage, uninsured or underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage, contingent comprehensive and collision coverage, and the cash value of your car (minus a $2,500 deductible).
Additional coverage options apply if the driver was making a delivery versus carrying a passenger. Our team will clarify the status of the Uber driver, the cause of the accident, and your right to compensation via the relevant insurance coverage.
Lyft’s Insurance Policy
According to Lyft, the following insurance coverage applies to drivers and passengers after an accident:
- When the app is turned off, the driver’s personal insurance protection applies.
- When the app is on and the driver is awaiting a passenger request, Lyft’s third-party coverage provides $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident in bodily injury protection, along with $25,000 per accident in property damage protection.
- When the app is on and the driver is awaiting or transporting a passenger, Lyft provides $1,000,000 in third-party protection, uninsured and underinsured motorist bodily injury protection, and actual vehicle value (less a $2,500 deductible).
Depending on the status of the Lyft driver, we can help you file a claim with the appropriate insurance company and seek an optimal resolution to your compensation request.
Houma Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Team Works to Prove the At-Fault Party’s Liability
To collect compensation from the at-fault driver, we must establish the action that caused the collision and the underlying reason for it. When our team handles your case, the purpose of our investigation is to prove:
- The driver owed you a duty of care
- The driver breached their duty
- The driver’s breach caused your injuries
- Your injuries resulted in monetary damages
We will use your car accident report, witness statements, your own written statement, and other data to build your case file. When available, we also use photos and videos that capture the accident and/or its aftermath.
The Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Client Service Experience
Our law firm is passionate about helping injured clients recover monetary compensation. We are equally committed to providing a stellar client experience that leads to reviews like these:
- “They treated me like family from the moment I walked in and have taken the stress of a life-changing situation for me and my family and made me feel like they are truly on my side…We are so grateful.” – James Hutto
- “Mr. Earles is always available when I call…He has even made time to speak with my family. I totally trust him, and I’m extremely satisfied with his experience and expertise. Thank you, Mr. Earles, for being more than an attorney to me.” – Michelle Graham
- “They provided excellent service, demonstrating professionalism and personal attention to detail. My paralegal, Kimberly, is smart, realistic, efficient, pleasant, and very personable: all the qualities you want. I will recommend to my family and friends. Thank you for all your hard work!” – Danielle Lott
Read more about our commitment to helping injured clients recover damages on our client testimonials page.
Get Your Free Case Review Today
If you or someone you love were injured in a rideshare vehicle in Houma, our Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers will help you determine where to turn for compensation. We also help you assign a value to your case and negotiate a fair settlement. Find out how hard our team will fight for you by contacting Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 for a free consultation.