Those involved in car accidents can be left with bills for medical treatments and repairing or replacing a vehicle. The emotional toll of an accident can make a collision even more devastating.
If someone else caused your car accident, you have options to recover your damages. You can team up with a Houma car accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to help you get through the legal process. A member of our staff is ready to talk to you. You can tell us the details of your case and will not owe us anything unless we win your case.
You May Have a Limited Time to File Your Case
States place time limits on how long victims have to file a lawsuit after an accident. CC §3492 states that the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Louisiana is only one year. If you go beyond that period, the court may dismiss your case.
You may have lost a loved one in a car accident. If this is your case, you may file a wrongful death lawsuit. These cases also have a one-year statute of limitations, according to CC §2315.2.
If you miss the statute of limitations, you may be out of options. There are sometimes exceptions to the time limit. Your case may qualify as an exception if you were incapacitated after your accident, for example.
You May Recover Damages with a Lawsuit
When a person causes an accident through negligent actions, they may owe the other involved drivers and passengers damages for their costs. Motorists have a responsibility to drive carefully and responsibly. If they fail to do so, they are liable for any resulting accident.
For example, if someone is behind the wheel of a car and decides to pick up their phone and start texting, that is negligence. Anything that happens because of that choice is their responsibility.
Recoverable damages in a Houma car accident case may include:
- Medical costs, such as an emergency room visit, doctor’s appointments, specialist appointments, and continuing therapy after your accident
- Additional needs to treat and rehabilitate yourself, such as prescription medication, modifications to your home, and medical equipment
- Lost wages for work that you have already missed and diminished earning capacity if your injuries will prevent you from earning the same salary in the future
- Property damage for repairing or replacing your car or anything else that may have been damaged in the accident
- Pain and suffering, inconvenience, humiliation, and other non-economic damages that may not have a real dollar value
- Funeral and burial costs if you are filing on behalf of a loved one who died because of a car accident
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Houma, call (337) 777-7777
What Our Firm Will Do for You
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will handle every aspect of your car accident case in Houma. Our team of attorneys and paralegals has extensive experience with insurance claims and lawsuits. We will:
- Investigate the cause of your accident, gathering evidence along the way
- Obtain all relevant witness accounts
- Work with your physicians to understand your injuries
- Obtain relevant medical records and images
- Help you determine whether to pursue a lawsuit or insurance claim
- Handle all case-related paperwork and communications
- Negotiate a settlement
- Go to trial if necessary
We will fight for the financial recovery you’re entitled to. If insurance companies or defendants in your case offer compensation that isn’t suitable, we won’t accept it. Our team will exhaust all available options to get fair compensation for you.
Benefits of Hiring Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
Hiring Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers allows you to take your case off your mind. Our team will diligently pursue a positive outcome while you tend to other responsibilities—like your recovery. You may also choose to hire our firm because:
- We require no upfront or out-of-pocket payment, as we only receive a fee if we secure compensation for you
- We pay for all case-related fees, including the cost of experts
- We have deep roots throughout Louisiana, and we know what it takes to win cases in Houma
- We go the extra mile for car accident victims like you
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has a strong reputation among those we value most: our clients.
Client Testimonials for Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
Client reviews provide critical insight into a law firm’s ethics and practices. Our former clients have left sterling reviews of our attorneys and support staff:
- “The staff at [Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers] is top notch. From the attorneys that handled my case to all the paralegals and other staff that assisted me with my case, all were awesome. Would highly recommend!” – Kyle, former client
- “Courteous and punctual, always polite and professional. Always returns calls and takes time to answer any and all questions. The whole staff including the receptionists are this way!”– Todd, former client
- “I was feeling more and more pain and went to the doctor. I had two surgeries in my neck and my back. I made an appointment with David and it was a real good experience. He worked with me all the way and was like a good friend in a time of need. I don’t think anybody could have done a better job than he did.” – Keith, former client
- “We met in the curve, and we hit head on. I knew the hospital bill was going to be way more than we could imagine. Digger helped me a lot. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be in the position I am right now. I would have nothing. He took care of everything for me. Digger got me back on my feet.”– Carl, former client
Our team is here to help in your time of need. We’ll seek justice for your car accident in Houma.
Houma Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Liability in a Traffic Crash
We can gather evidence, examine photos and video from the crash scene, and speak with law enforcement to show the other driver caused your accident.
A person can be found liable for a crash if they behaved in a way that showed disregard for others on the road. Behaviors like distracted driving, aggressive driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and violating traffic laws generally qualify as negligence.
You should not have to bear the burden of a traffic crash you did not cause. We can help you and your family move forward.
Click to contact our Houma Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call Today to Discuss Your Case With Our Attorneys
The lawyers at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers have been able to win millions in court for car accident victims with various serious injuries. Every accident is different, so it can be beneficial to speak with a legal team and get your questions answered. We have experience with car accident cases in Louisiana, and we know what it takes to build a strong argument for compensation.
Get started working with a Houma car accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. Contact us today to speak with a member of our team now. We can offer a free consultation about your case and get a lawyer from our firm on your side.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form