While parking lots are often safer than roads and highways, parking lot accidents can cause serious damage to your vehicle. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a parking lot accident around the Coteau-Holmes area, a Coteau Holmes parking lot accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to help you build your claim and get the compensation you deserve.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers — Your Local Parking Lot Accident Lawyers
Parking lot accidents can be more complex than you think. You must determine which driver is at fault, calculate the true cost of your damages, and gather enough evidence to build a strong claim against the liable party. You shouldn’t have to handle all this on your own.
When you work with one of our parking lot accident lawyers in Coteau Holmes, Louisiana, you get help with the following tasks and more:
- Collecting evidence, including medical bills, video footage, the police report, and photos of the crash scene
- Identifying the party or parties responsible for the accident
- Calculating all your economic and non-economic damages
- Filing insurance claims and handling all communications with the insurance companies
- Negotiating a settlement that best reflects your losses
- Taking your parking lot accident case to court to recover a just settlement
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has over 350 years of combined legal experience in personal injury law. We’ve helped our car accident clients recover millions of dollars for injuries and property damage.
We’re dedicated to serving the Coteau Holmes community, which is why we offer free consultations so you can learn the value of your claim at no risk to you. We also take our parking lot accident cases on at no upfront costs, so you don’t owe us anything until we recover compensation on your behalf.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
You Can Get Compensation for Parking Lot Accident Injuries
While parking lot accidents involving two vehicles often result in minor injuries, serious injuries can occur. Pedestrians and bicyclists can even suffer severe injuries or lose their lives. It’s also possible to have an existing injury or condition made worse by an accident injury.
Here are some common types of injuries we can help you file a claim for:
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal tissue injuries
The amount of compensation you may be entitled to recover depends on a few factors, including how the accident occurred and the extent of your bodily injuries.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
Types of Damages You Can Claim After a Parking Lot Accident
A parking lot accident attorney in Coteau Holmes, LA, from our firm can help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit for various damages you’ve suffered. Some of the most common types of damages we’ve helped clients recover include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost income, including salary, wages and tips, and bonuses
- Reduced earning potential due to an accident-related disability
- Costs to repair vehicle damage or replace damaged personal property
- Pain and suffering
If you lost a loved one to a parking lot accident, we can help you recover compensation through a wrongful death claim for funeral and burial expenses, lost household income support, and more.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Common Causes of Parking Lot Accidents
Accidents in parking lots can be dangerous and even fatal, especially if a pedestrian or cyclist is involved. However, many parking lot accidents involve two or more vehicles, including:
- Rear-end crashes
- Sideswipe crashes
- Backup crashes
Here are some of the most common causes of parking lot accidents around Coteau Holmes:
- Distracted driving
- Careless driving
- Failing to look for vehicles or pedestrians
- Failing to yield right of way
- Failing to obey stop or yield signs
- Making improper turns into lanes or spots
- Driving down the wrong lane
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), distracted driving is the leading cause of accidents. The survey found that more than half of respondents would take phone calls, use a GPS, text, and browse social media while driving in a parking lot.
They treated us like no other people would. Whenever we needed something they were there for us. I put my trust in them and I don’t regret it.Client
What to Do After a Parking Lot Accident
After a parking lot accident, follow these steps to help your claim:
- File a police report: You must report any accident that involves physical injury, property damage, or death. If someone is seriously injured, call 911 to get emergency services to the scene right away. If all parties seem fine, still file an accident report with the police to document that crash.
- Swap insurance and contact information: Before leaving the scene, make sure to get the other driver’s insurance information. Write down information about their vehicle, including the license plate and the damage you can see.
- Seek medical attention: If you don’t have urgent injuries, still see a doctor to assess and document your injuries and prove that they occurred from the accident.
- Contact your insurance company: Report the accident to your insurance company and get the claims process started.
- Start working with a lawyer on our team: They can help you gather evidence, identify the at-fault party, and file your claim.
What If Your Parking Lot Accident Was a Hit and Run?
It’s also common for you to have a parking lot accident where the other driver leaves the scene. Whether you’re in the car at the time of your hit and run parking lot accident, you can still file a claim with your insurance to recover compensation.
We can help you gather evidence to prove that the accident was a hit and run, demonstrate the extent of the damage, and get you the money you deserve.
If the responsible driver is caught, we can help you file a claim through their auto insurance policy if available.
Get Started on Your Parking Lot Accident Claim Today
You don’t have to deal with a parking lot accident case on your own. You can work with a Coteau Holmes parking lot accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to get the legal support you need. Contact our office for a free consultation today. Don’t wait, as CC Art. 3492 limits how long you have to file suit.