Car accidents can and do occur anywhere, including in parking lots. If you were injured in a parking lot accident caused by someone else’s negligence, they might owe compensation in a personal injury claim. A Lake Charles parking lot accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you with this legal process.
If you are ready to begin, or if you have questions, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 for more information. Our car accident team is standing by to review your parking lot accident case.
How Parking Lot Accidents Can Occur
Every car accident is different and presents unique challenges to plaintiffs in search of compensation. One of the first questions you will have to answer is: who is responsible for my accident?
In many cases, the fault rests with another driver. There are many potential mistakes a driver can make. These can include:
- Being distracted: the phrase “distracted driving” may conjure an image of a driver on a cell phone. However, drivers can be distracted by anything, including passengers, pedestrians, or even buttons on the dashboard.
- Ignoring the law: it is important to follow the speed limit, leave enough space between you and the driver in front of you, obey traffic signs, and take environmental factors such as bad weather into account.
- Chemical impairment: while drinking and driving gets the lion’s share of attention, driving under the influence of any mind-altering substance can be dangerous. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), driving while impaired by certain drugs is also illegal.
Sometimes the fault for a car accident does not belong to either driver. For example, perhaps the parking lot was poorly constructed, with potholes or visibility-blocking foliage presenting dangers to everyone using the property. In that case, a maintenance contractor or the parking lot’s owner may be held accountable for your crash.
A Lake Charles parking lot accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can determine who may be legally responsible for your accident injuries. To learn more, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accident lawyer serving Lake Charles, call (337) 777-7777
Compensation that May Be Available After an Accident
After a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to recover compensation for your financial harm, as well as your physical and emotional harm.
Damages for Financial Harm
Trying to fix the damage to both you and your car can cost you a lot of money. Economic damages may be available to reimburse you for these losses, particularly those stemming from things like:
- Medical treatment: if you went to a hospital, a doctor’s office, or any other medical facility to treat your injuries. If you had to travel far enough, you might qualify for travel expenses as well.
- Repair bills: if your car needed fixing or replacing, and you needed to find (and pay for) other ways of getting around.
- Lost wages: in addition to the money you spent after the accident, you may have been unable to earn your usual income during your recovery period.
- Lost employment: if you can no longer perform your job duties and have been forced to leave your job.
Damages for Physical and Emotional Harm
Noneconomic damages may compensate you for the physical and psychological effects of the accident, including things like:
- Disfigurement: if you will live with the physical scars of the accident for the rest of your life.
- Disability: if you are not as physically or intellectually able as before. This may be due to either a serious injury (e.g., nerve damage that causes chronic pain) or the complete loss of a limb or organ.
- Diminished quality of life: if you can no longer take care of yourself (e.g., you cannot clean or cook), or you have had to make other changes to your life.
Lake Charles Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
A Lawyer Can Fight on Your Behalf
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you by managing your personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. This way, you can seek compensation without having to fight for it by yourself.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you by:
- Assessing your claim: before we take on your case, we can listen to your account of the accident and tell you if we believe your lawsuit is viable. This will cost you nothing.
- Communicating on your behalf: we can manage all communications with the insurance companies or other parties in your case.
- Investigating the accident: we may be able to visit the scene, collect evidence, and talk to witnesses to construct a complete picture of your accident. The evidence we find may persuade the insurance company to pay you damages.
- Pursuing compensation: after filing your claim, we can negotiate with the responsible party for fair compensation. If negotiations stall, we can take your case straight to trial.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
When you work with a Lake Charles parking lot accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you can prioritize your physical and mental wellbeing while we coordinate the day-to-day work in your case.
Note that, per Civil Code (CC) §3492, victims usually have just one year to sue after a parking lot accident in Louisiana. When this deadline passes, your right to sue may pass with it.
Do not wait too long and forfeit your right to sue. To get started with a free case review, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.