Coteau Holmes is a perfect place to get away from it all. The quiet winding roads and countryside make bicycling an ideal hobby for many people. However, accidents on these roadways happen––and when they do, injured people have legal recourse.
Did you suffer harm in a bicycle accident? Our Coteau Holmes bicycle accident lawyers are ready to champion your rights. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to listen to your story during a free case review. To explore your options, we encourage you to call us now.
You Have a Short Time To Pursue an Injury Lawsuit in Louisiana
Per CC Art. 3492, you only have one year to file an injury lawsuit. According to CC Art. 2315.2, you also have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Failing to file your lawsuit within the prescribed period could forfeit your right to damages.
A bicycle accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can manage your case’s deadlines and protect your right to compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Coteau Holmes, call (337) 777-7777
We Will Seek Compensation After Your Louisiana Bicycle Accident
If you’ve recently been injured in a bicycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to receive compensation for various damages, including:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages, bonuses, and job-related benefits
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Damaged property
- Lost earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Scarring and disfigurement
This is not an exhaustive list of recoverable damages. How much you can seek (and the types of damages you can pursue) depend on your situation.
We’ve Recovered More Than $200 Million for Injured Louisianans
In our years of serving injured people, we’ve secured these outcomes:
- $23 million for a wrongful death claimant
- $7 million for the victim of a serious traffic accident
- $2.7 million for a traffic accident claimant
We hope that these outcomes speak to our commitment to client satisfaction and success.
Coteau Holmes Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What You Can Expect from Your Injury Lawyer Serving St. Martin Parish
To advance your case, our team will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your bicycle accident
- Gather evidence to support your bicycle accident claim
- Review the police report
- Interview eyewitnesses and record their statements
- Consult accident reconstruction experts to understand the accident’s cause
- Handle all legal paperwork and communications
- Evaluate and calculate your losses
- Negotiate a fair and full settlement with the liable insurer
- Take your case to trial (if necessary)
Our team will do everything possible to recover compensation for your injury-related losses. We pride ourselves on delivering customized, client-centered care to everyone we meet.
Our Clients Love the Work We’ve Done for Them
After resolving their cases, some clients have disclosed:
- “Jordan has been great on keeping in contact with me about my case. All my questions were answered. I will use labored Earle’s injury attorneys if I ever need them again. She was very easy to talk to. She’s has 2 thumbs up from me.” ––N.B.
- “Laborde Earles so far has done far more than I could have done myself. At a time when I and many others are overwhelmed with repairs, lack of help and the energy to get things done. I know they heard and understood what I was going through. My calls and texts were returned and everything was explained clearly to me.” ––G.M.
- “I have had nothing but excellent service with this firm, they keep me updated on my case, are easy to get ahold of and my paralegal Mallory Marsh goes above and beyond for myself and my mother, she’s kind caring and truly concerned about us and regularly checks in to see how we are doing.” ––K.P.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Commonly Asked Questions About Bicycle Accidents in Couteau Holmes
While considering your legal options, you may have these questions:
Can I Pursue Damages if I Partially Caused the Accident?
Louisiana operates on a comparative negligence system, per CC Art. 2323. So, even if you contributed to the incident, you can file a claim or lawsuit to seek damages. Yet, this could reduce your settlement or court award’s value.
The other party may unjustly blame you for causing the accident, hoping to deny or derail your case. Our team will shield you from unfair allegations of fault and advocate for what you need.
Do Auto Insurance Policies Cover Cyclists?
Yes. If a motorist is liable for your bicycle accident, their auto insurance could pay for your losses. If the other driver did not have insurance (or did not have enough insurance to cover your losses), you can file a claim with your own provider. Whether this is an option depends on your situation.
Our team will evaluate your coverage options, file your claim, and pursue what you need.
What Could Have Caused My Bicycle Accident?
We will examine the police report, witnesses’ statements, and traffic camera footage to learn what caused your accident. This will help us determine fault and liability for your losses. We may find that one or more of the following factors caused the collision:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield to the right-of-way
- Crossing into marked bicycle lanes
- Making illegal turns
- Failure to obey traffic signs and lights
- Driving too closely to cyclists
- Poor road conditions
A motorist, government organization, or another party could bear liability for your losses.
What Injuries Allow Me To Seek Compensation?
If you suffered harm in a bicycle accident caused by negligence, you can seek damages. Previously, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has advocated for people suffering from:
- Road rash
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Scrapes and bruises
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
We recommend visiting a medical professional if you haven’t already done so. They can assess your injuries’ severity, document your condition, and render appropriate treatment.
Begin Your Free Case Review with Our Injury Team
To explore partnering with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Coteau Holmes, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers offers free case reviews. Call now to begin.