No one ever anticipates being injured in a collision with an 18-wheeler. However, when your injuries have taken a toll on your life, and someone else is responsible for causing the accident, you can hold them accountable and recover your damages.
A Cecilia 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is here to help. With our team advocating for your rights, you can rest easier while we build a powerful case against the at-fault party. Our personal injury team serving Cecilia, LA, can review what’s next for your potential case during a free consultation today.
How Much Will You Be Awarded in a Cecilia 18-Wheeler Accident Case?
It is normal to wonder how much you could be awarded after suffering debilitating injuries in a collision with a tractor-trailer. Our 18-wheeler accident attorney in Cecilia, LA, will review your damages at length to ensure you understand what you could recover. Examples of damages you may be entitled to include:
- Lost income: This can include not only the money you lost when you missed time at work but can also your future lost potential earnings, including vacation pay, paid time off, sick time, and other benefits.
- Reduced quality of life: You can be compensated for your diminished quality of life, your difficulty maintaining relationships with family and friends, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and other related damages.
- Medical expenses: You should never be expected to cover a single medical bill when someone causes your injuries. Our 18-wheeler accident lawyer will ensure every loss is considered.
- Wrongful death expenses: If your loved one succumbed to fatal injuries in an 18-wheeler accident in Cecilia, our wrongful death attorney can seek damages on your family’s behalf if you qualify under state law to file this action. Recoverable damages include the decedent’s lost household income, accident-related medical care, funeral and burial fees, and other losses.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accident lawyer serving Cecilia, call (337) 777-7777
How Our Cecilia 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney Can Help
Our 18-wheeler accident lawyers at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will take on every detail of your case. You won’t have to do anything except provide us with the evidence you can obtain and the information we need to move forward with your case. You can rely on your attorney at our firm to:
- Investigate the accident to determine what took place
- Gather evidence that supports your claims about the crash
- Negotiate with the insurer for your fair compensation
- Identify liable parties, including those not at the accident scene
- Keep you updated about your case’s status and developments
- Answer your questions and concerns
- Bring your case to trial if we cannot settle it outside of court
Cecilia 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Who Is Liable for Your 18-Wheeler Accident?
Establishing fault and liability after your 18-wheeler accident is critical. Multiple parties could share fault for your damages. For instance, if negligent driving caused your 18-wheeler accident, you might be ready to hold the truck driver accountable. However, if defective truck parts played a role in the crash, other parties could share fault, such as:
- The trucking company
- The 18-wheeler truck’s owner
- Cargo loaders
- Maintenance technicians
- 18-wheeler safety inspectors
- Truck part manufacturers and distributors
- Truck part designers and retailers
- 18-wheeler dealerships
You can expect our attorney to thoroughly review all the evidence to determine who is responsible for causing your damages. This is the individual or entity that we will compel to cover your costs in full.
Click to contact our Cecilia Truck Accident Lawyers today
How Long Do You Have to File Your 18-Wheeler Accident Claim?
Make sure you file your claim before the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Louisiana expires. According to CC Art. 3492, you generally have one year to file a lawsuit for injuries suffered in the accident. If time runs out, the defendant will more than likely file a motion to dismiss your case if you did not file your case.
Parties filing wrongful death actions also have a year to file, per CC Art. 2315.2. The deadline is generally one year from the decedent’s death date. Our Cecilia truck accident attorney will file your case on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Costs of Hiring an Attorney to Represent You in a Truck Accident Case
You may have the impression that our 18-wheeler accident attorneys are too expensive. When you are already struggling financially, the thought of covering the costs of an attorney can seem impossible.
However, our Louisiana injury attorneys work for you on contingency when you have been injured in an 18-wheeler crash. This means you don’t pay us anything unless or until we win your case. We cover all your case’s costs up front. If we recover an award for you, we take our payment from an agreed-upon percentage of it. We can explain this in more detail during your free case review.
Case Results and Testimonials
Working with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Cecilia, LA, could make all the difference in the outcome of your case. Here is what some of our former clients have had to say about working with our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers:
“I am very impressed with the service I received. They quickly responded to my request and made the whole process very easy. They really take the time to explain everything to you and discuss your options and expectations. Communication was great and they were always available to answer my questions. They truly fight for you and I’m very happy with how my case was resolved. I would definitely recommend their service to others.” –Charlene Viney
“I am definitely satisfied and grateful that I have chosen Laborde & Earles as my personal attorneys. They are extremely professional and give me personal attention. I can tell that they actually care about me getting back to my normal routine that I had before my senseless accident. Sometimes, it gets rough for me financially. Every time I have reached out to Mr. Earles, he has shown sincerity and a speedy response to all of my requests. I appreciate all of his time talking to me. He is never in a rush and always listens to my desire to be 100% healed and healthy again.
Thanks Mr. Earles for being more than just an Attorney to me and my family.” –Michelle Graham
“I’m sure they have hundreds of clients if not thousands but they honestly make me feel like the only client they have if I call not even knowing who I need to talk to the same young lady immediately calls me back they’re very attentive very professional and I wouldn’t want to be on the wrong end of a lawsuit with him.” –Larry Lawrence
Get Help From an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in Cecilia Today
The process for recovering compensation after an 18-wheeler accident can be complex. It is important to have an experienced legal advocate in your corner if you hope to get the most out of your claim.
Reach out to a Cecelia 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Laborde Earles injury lawyers for legal guidance and support today. You can receive your no-cost, risk-free consultation when you call our office.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form