18-wheeler accidents can leave victims with severe injuries and losses. If you were hurt in an accident that another party caused, you can recover compensation. This financial award can help pay for high medical bills and other expenses you may be facing. A Carencro 18-wheeler accident lawyer from our firm will help you reach a fair settlement.
Our team has experience helping clients who were injured in 18-wheeler collisions. While you take the time you need to recover, we will build your case. We can help alleviate some of your stress by handling all the legal aspects of your claim or lawsuit.
You Can Recover Compensation Following Your 18-Wheeler Accident
If you suffered any type of loss in an 18-wheeler accident, you could be able to recover compensation. Damages from your accident could include emotional trauma, physical injuries, mental anguish, and more. You deserve compensation for the range of your losses.
Types of Damages You Can Recover
The damages you can recover will depend on the details of your case. It is possible that you could receive compensation for any of the following damages:
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death damages, if your loved one passed away in an accident
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on your case’s specifics. The extent of your injuries and the way the crash impacted your life can play a role in your settlement amount.
Our Carencro truck accident lawyer will calculate the total cost of your losses. We will fight to help you receive compensation that covers all of your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accident lawyer serving Carencro, call (337) 777-7777
Proving Liability in a Carencro, LA 18-Wheeler Accident Case
If another party was the reason you were in an 18-wheeler accident, you can take action against them. We will help you prove liability and seek compensation from the responsible party or parties.
We must prove liability to help you recover compensation. Possible liable parties could include a truck driver, an employer, or an employee in charge of the truck’s maintenance.
We can prove liability by showing that the at-fault party was negligent. Establishing negligence involves proving:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care to prevent you from harm
- They failed to uphold this duty by acting negligent
- Their negligence was the direct reason you were in the accident and got hurt
- The accident was the reason you suffered damages
Any negligent action could make someone responsible for the crash. Examples of negligence include:
- Failing to properly load truck cargo that could result in loose items on the road, leading to accidents
- An employer requiring their driver to work excessive hours, leading to fatigue
- Mechanical failures possibly due to negligence on behalf of a trucking company, putting others on the road at risk
- Speeding, which can be particularly dangerous in large vehicles with limited capacity to brake
- Distracted driving, including cell phone use while on the road
- Any form of reckless or careless driving
- Failing to abide by traffic laws
- Trucks that are exceedingly heavy affecting the control a driver has over the vehicle
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Inexperienced drivers
- Jack-knife accidents caused by turning error
- Trucks that are on a road not designed for large vehicles
Carencro 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Can a Lawyer From Our Firm Help Your Case?
Our attorneys can help relieve some of the stress you might be feeling after an 18-wheeler accident. We can handle all the legal aspects of your case, including:
- Assisting with legal paperwork
- Answering your questions
- Helping put your case together in a strong, legally presentable manner
- Giving you emotional support and comfort knowing you have an experienced team helping you in your case
- Helping you keep track of important deadlines
Finding a Team With Experience
If you decide that hiring a lawyer is right for you, it’s important to find a team you trust. Our firm has experience helping clients who were injured in 18-wheeler crashes. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we have over 250 years of combined experience. We have helped our clients reach million-dollar settlements.
How Expensive are Lawyers?
At our firm, we understand the financial stress you are under. We do not want to make you feel overwhelmed by paying for the cost of legal services, too. We work on a contingency-fee basis. This means you won’t owe us any fees upfront.
Instead, your lawyer will get paid a percentage of your settlement. You won’t have to pay us out-of-pocket for our services. We only get paid once we win or settle your case.
The Statute of Limitations in Carencro
Each state has deadlines for filing a lawsuit, known as the statute of limitations. In Carencro, LA, the statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit is one year, per CC Art. 3492. If your loved one passed away in an 18-wheeler accident, you have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This is outlined in CC Art. 2315.2.
This means you do not have a long time to file a lawsuit. If you want to pursue compensation it is important to take action as soon as you can. Out Carencro, LA 18-wheeler accident lawyer can help you file your lawsuit on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Team Today for a Free Case Evaluation
Our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is here to help you understand your legal options after your accident. Don’t hesitate to seek the compensation you need. We know how to build your case and help you reach a fair settlement.
When you’re ready to take legal action against the liable party, contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. Call us today to receive your free case evaluation.