After a truck accident in Cecilia, LA, you may be facing unpaid medical bills and missing time from work so you can recover from your injuries. The legal team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to help you hold the liable parties accountable for your collision-related losses. We understand how complex these cases are, and we’re ready to help you seek compensation to support your financial recovery.
Because of their size, trucks are typically more dangerous in accidents than smaller passenger vehicles. Truck accidents often result in serious, life-changing injuries or, in the worst-case scenario, death. Our Cecilia truck accident lawyer will build a case we can stand on as we seek your damages. Another person’s negligence has cost you enough – you owe it to yourself to learn about your legal options. We will review the accident during a free consultation and advise you further.
Laborde Earles Fights for Cecilia Truck Accident Victims
We use our collective 100-plus years of legal experience to help injured Louisiana residents seek recovery after a devastating accident or injury. We stand behind our reputation of advocating for the rights and recoveries of truck accident victims while holding those who harmed them legally accountable. We are not afraid to take on large trucking companies or their insurers.
We are serious about clients’ financial recovery, and our track record demonstrates this. So far, our attorneys have won $200 million-plus in cash settlements and verdicts. You can take a look at our case results to learn more, which include:
- A $7 million judgment for an 18-wheeler driver hurt in an accident
- A $2.7 million settlement for an 18-wheeler accident victim
- A $1.8 million settlement for a victim in an 18-wheeler accident
- A $1.75 million trial verdict for a victim who suffered injuries in an 18-wheeler accident
Our Attorneys Can Start on the Case at no Cost to You
We do not charge our clients fees to start working on their cases. As a contingency fee-based firm, we get paid only if you recover financial awards – our payment would come from an agreed-upon percentage of your case. However, if we do not recover awards for you, you do not owe us any money.
Our team will pursue just compensation in your case with the goal that you recover from the truck accident as fully as possible. We can determine what awards to seek from the liable party or parties after reviewing all your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Cecilia, call (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Compensation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
After assessing all the damages and losses in your Celia truck accident case, we can determine how much compensation you can request. Truck accidents can inflict injuries so severe that they leave victims with permanent disabilities and impairments.
This is why we must weigh how the accident has affected your life so far and how it could affect you in the future. Our team will consider both factors as we calculate your compensation.
Medical Bills Are Often the Largest Expense in Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries, meaning victims often face rapidly growing medical bills. The typical injuries sustained from truck accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Severe head trauma and traumatic brain injury
- Multiple fractures, broken and crushed bones
Many of these injuries lead to lifelong disabilities and chronic pain – we are here to help you seek fair compensation.
We Will Assess Your Damages Before Determining How Much to Seek
When a person requires extensive medical treatment and ongoing personal care to recover from a collision, medical costs and loss of earnings can detrimentally affect their quality of life. Our attorney who handles Cecilia truck accidents will review all your losses and damages. This includes those with no dollar amount, such as pain and suffering.
Overall, we could help you seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses for your injuries and ongoing medical care
- Loss of wages, benefits, tips, and other income due to your recovery time
- Loss of future income if your injuries stop you from returning to work or make you take a different job
- Property damage (bills for replacement or repairs)
- Physical and mental pain and suffering caused by the physical injuries the accident caused
- Disfigurement, deformity, or disability that the accident caused
We will look at every aspect of your case to ensure we don’t miss any compensatory damages you are due. Then, we will determine how much each loss is worth and come up with a figure that represents a fair settlement.
Wrongful Death Damages After a Cecilia Truck Accident
If you have lost a loved one in a truck accident in Cecilia, we realize this is a difficult time for you and your family. We are sincerely sorry for your loss. When you are ready, our team will help your family seek compensation via a wrongful death action under Louisiana law.
There are things to know about how the process works, so our attorneys will help you figure out key matters first, such as who can file the action and which family members would be awarded money in a successful case. We can discuss it further with you during a free consultation.
Cecilia Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Responsibilities We Handle in a Truck Injury Case
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers understands how difficult it is for you to focus on your recovery while worrying about the complexities of personal injury law. Proving who is at fault for your injuries only adds to the burden. Our firm offers to manage all aspects of the case so you get the time you need to heal and attend to other matters.
Our truck accident team will:
- Investigate your truck accident case to learn more about how it occurred
- Collect and review case-supporting evidence, such as your medical records, witness statements, and police reports
- Identify all liable parties and build a case to prove their negligence and liability
- Interview third-party experts who can support your claims
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other involved parties on your behalf
- File your case with the civil court on time within the state’s statute of limitations
- Represent you in all legal proceedings
- Fight for your recovery at trial if a settlement isn’t possible
- Answer your questions promptly and explain all applicable laws to you
- Keep you updated on your case; you will never have to wonder how it’s going
Why Truck Accident Cases are Complex
When a truck accident occurs, the question of who is liable is often more complicated than it is in passenger car accidents. For instance, the truck driver can be at fault for driving recklessly, but their employer – which enforces the number of driving hours for employees – may also be responsible. Other liable parties could be:
- A third party that failed to maintain or repair the truck properly
- The company that built the truck
- The manufacturer that supplied defective truck parts
- The company responsible for loading the truck’s cargo
- The government body responsible for taking care of the roads where the crash occurred
- Another driver
It is easy to feel overwhelmed when rebuilding your life and recovering from injuries after such a traumatic event. Our Cecilia truck accident lawyer will bring in-depth knowledge of the federal laws that govern the US trucking industry to fortify your case. We will get to the bottom of what happened and find out who to hold accountable for your truck collision.
We Will Go After Key Evidence That Could Be in the Liable Parties’ Hands
Another reason truck accident cases are complex is because the liable party may possess evidence we need to prove your case. If that’s your situation, our attorney will file a spoliation letter to preserve this proof, which could include:
- The trucker’s logbook (We can review it to see if any violations occurred, such as those involving hours-of-service regulations.)
- Driver alcohol and drug test results
- The trucker’s driving licenses, records, and employment history
- Truck maintenance records
- Footage from the truck’s dashcam
- Information from the truck’s black box
Evidence in Truck Cases Is Time Sensitive
It is important to consider the value of gathering evidence as soon as possible for your insurance claim or lawsuit. The reasons for this are:
- Physical evidence at the scene begins to disappear within hours of a truck accident.
- Documents relevant to a truck accident case can be altered or discarded.
- Witnesses’ recollection of the event can diminish with time.
The truck accident lawyers at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will be able to act on your behalf and begin to collect, preserve, and examine evidence related to the collision while you focus on recovering.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have Only a Year to Sue for Your Truck Accident Damages
Another factor that adds to the pressure in Cecilia truck accident cases is the strict time limit for filing a lawsuit. Under CC Art. 3492, lawsuits in Louisiana must be filed within one year of the accident date.
Louisiana also allows only one year from the date of the victims’ death to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party, as explained in CC Art. 2315.2. For this reason, we encourage you to begin your case now.
A year flies by quickly, and we will need as much time as possible to work on your case. The sooner you reach out to our law office, the sooner we can start working for you and determine the filing deadline. If you miss the deadline, you won’t be able to pursue recovery for your damages.
What You Should do After a Truck Accident
The Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that the number of large truck accidents has only increased over the past 40 years. Additional data from Louisiana State University’s Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation Safety (CARTS) reveals the alarming number of truck accidents that occur on Louisiana roads. If you were injured in a Cecilia truck accident, we may be able to help.
It is important to ensure your safety first after a truck accident occurs – you should seek medical help immediately and call 911 to report the accident. Even if you feel unharmed, you could have injuries that may not show until later on. A medical professional can examine you for such injuries. If it is safe to do so at the accident scene, we also encourage you to:
- Get details from the other party (e.g., name, license and insurance information, employer name and contact information, license plate information).
- Take note of the truck’s make, model, and year, along with details about the type of cargo being hauled.
- Take pictures or videos of the accident scene.
- Record in detail your accident experience and how the events leading up to it unfolded.
- Avoid discussing fault or signing any paperwork.
- Contact a lawyer for guidance, especially before talking to an insurance adjuster.
Call us to Start Your Free Cecilia Truck Accident Case Review Today
Truck accident claims are often complex and can be hard on victims, who need time to heal. However, you don’t have to choose between healing and pursuing your case – you can do both, and we can help you. Our Cecilia truck accident lawyer will guide you throughout the entire process and ensure all the stages of your claim or lawsuit are managed properly.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will give your case the care and dedication it deserves. We will work hard to protect your rights and present your case in the most comprehensive and persuasive way possible. Call us today at (337) 777-7777 for a free case review so we can advise you of your legal options and next steps.