The Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration reports that the number of large truck accidents had only increased over the past forty years. Additional data from Louisiana State University reveals the alarming number of truck accidents that occur on Louisiana’s roads. If you were injured in a Cecilia truck accident, we may be able to help.
Due to their size, trucks are usually more dangerous in accidents than smaller passenger vehicles. Truck accidents can result in serious life-changing injuries or in the worst case, death.
If you were involved in a truck accident in Cecilia, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 today to find out how a Cecilia truck accident lawyer can help.
What to Do in the Event of a Truck Accident
It is important to ensure your safety first and foremost after being involved in a truck accident. You should seek medical assistance immediately and call 911 to report the accident. Even if you feel unharmed, have yourself checked by a medical professional as you could have injuries that may not show until later on. If it is safe to do so at the accident scene:
- Get details from the other party (name, license and insurance information, employer name and contact information, license plate information)
- Take note of the make, model, and year of the truck, along with details about the type of cargo being hauled
- Take pictures or video of the scene of the accident
- Record in detail your accident experience and how events leading up to it unfolded
- Avoid discussing fault or signing any paperwork
- Contact a lawyer for guidance, especially before talking to an insurance adjuster
Truck accident claims can be complex. It is advisable to get help from a lawyer who will be able to help you with the process and ensure all the stages of your claim are managed in a clear and comprehensive way. You could be entitled to compensation for your losses through awards for hospital bills and loss of earnings, for example.
Call (337) 777-7777 and find out how a Cecilia truck accident lawyer can help you today.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Cecilia, call (337) 777-7777
Why Truck Accident Claims Are Complex
When a truck accident occurs, the question of who is at fault is often much more complicated than with a simple traffic accident. For instance, the truck driver can be at fault for driving in a reckless way but there could also be a failure on the part of their employer for poor maintenance of the vehicle. Other parties involved could be:
- A third party making mistakes loading or maintaining the vehicle
- The manufacturer, if found at-fault for supplying defective parts
It is easy to feel overwhelmed when you are trying to rebuild your life and recover from your injuries after such a traumatic event. A Cecilia truck accident lawyer can help and will be able to bring in-depth knowledge of the federal laws that govern the US trucking industry to fortify your claim.
If you are seeking compensation for injuries caused by negligent behavior, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to help. Call (337) 777-7777 today to talk about your case.
Cecilia Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Acting Quickly is Key
Additional factors that add to the pressures involved with Cecilia truck accident cases are the strict time limit of the Louisiana statute of limitations for filing a claim. Under Louisiana Article §3492, lawsuits must be filed within one year of the date of the accident in claims for personal injury and property damage.
In the terrible event of death due to injuries sustained from a truck accident, Art. 3492 also allows one year from the date of the victims’ death to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party
It is also important to consider the value that gathering evidence as soon as possible can have on your claim. The reasons for this are:
- Physical evidence at the scene begin to disappear within hours of a truck accident
- Documents relevant to a truck accident case can be altered or discarded
- Witnesses’ recollection of the event can diminish with time
The lawyers at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will be able to act on your behalf and begin to collect, preserve, and examine evidence related to your accident while you focus on your recovery.
Recover Compensation for Your Injuries
Due to serious injuries, a truck accident can inflict, victims are often subject to permanent disabilities and impairments. When a person requires extensive medical treatment and ongoing personal care, medical care and loss of earnings are substantial and can have a detrimental effect on that person’s quality of life. Typical injuries sustained from truck accidents include but are not limited to:
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Severe head trauma and traumatic brain injury
- Multiple fractures, broken and crushed bones
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers understands how difficult it is for you to focus on your recovery while at the same time worrying about the complexities of filing a lawsuit and proving who is at-fault for your injuries. A lawyer can help you by:
- Collecting and documenting witness statements and police reports
- Negotiating with insurance companies and other involved parties on your behalf
- Estimating the value of damages
- Presenting your case in a strong and persuasive way
With Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers you can be sure that your case will be managed with the care and dedication it deserves. We work hard to protect your rights and present your case in the most comprehensive and persuasive way possible.
Talk to us today at (337) 777-7777 for a no-obligation appraisal of your options.