Motorists owe pedestrians and bicyclists a duty of care just like they do to other drivers on the road. If you get into a bicycle accident, you can get legal help and pursue compensation.
A Catahoula bicycle accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can take charge of your case while you focus on recuperating. Don’t fret about the various tasks involved in filing a legal claim. Our personal injury lawyers can deal with the various legal processes involved in a claim or a lawsuit.
Driver Negligence Can Cause Bicycle Accidents
Whenever a bicycle and vehicle collide, it can cause severe, life-threatening injuries. The causes of the collision may vary, and different parties may be liable. When driver error is involved, you can hold a motorist accountable for their negligence, which may include:
- Not yielding the right-of-way: If a motor vehicle does not follow the proper yielding rules of the road, it can bring about dire consequences.
- Not paying attention while driving: Any time a person doesn’t pay attention when they are driving, it brings dangerous conditions to the road. Not paying attention can include looking at a phone, talking on the phone, or anything that takes your eyes off the road.
- Bad weather: If the weather is bad, the roads may become wet, icy, or slippery. Or you may deal with reduced visibility. All of these situations can cause problems with driving and lead to accidents.
- Driving too fast: Speeding results in serious injuries if an accident occurs because of the stronger impact the vehicle makes due to speed.
- Low visibility: If the sun is going down, you and other drivers won’t be able to see as well, making accidents more likely.
- Impaired driving: Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is extremely dangerous. Even certain prescription drugs can impair a person’s driving ability. In some cases, a driver will be held responsible if the person consumed alcohol or drugs and operated a vehicle.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Catahoula, call (337) 777-7777
Bicycle Injuries Can Be Severe and Costly
Any type of injury can occur when riding a bicycle. But since you are closer to the ground and not protected by metal around you, the injuries can be more serious. You could get thrown from the bike and land a distance away. Some injuries you may get from a bicycle accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury and other head injuries
- Broken bones
- Facial or dental injuries
- Neck displacement
- Spinal cord damage
- Cuts, scrapes, and lacerations
Catahoula Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Damages in Your Catahoula Bicycle Accident Case
The damages in a bicycle accident include both economic and non-economic ones. Your Catahoula bicycle accident lawyer can assist you with recovering the damages you are eligible for under the law. These may include:
- Medical expenses, including current and future ones
- Emergency transportation such as an ambulance
- Lost income
- Reduced income in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Our wrongful death attorneys can also help surviving family members seek compensation for the loss of a loved one.
Statute of Limitations in Bicycle Accident Cases
You must abide by the statute of limitations in Louisiana when filing a personal injury lawsuit. A statute of limitations is a timeframe to file your lawsuit. Under CC Art. 3492, you generally have one year from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit.
Our Catahoula bicycle accident attorney can get started on your case immediately to help you meet this deadline.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Catahoula Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Working with a Catahoula bicycle accident lawyer can allow you to pursue compensation while also focusing on your physical recovery. Our attorney will manage all the aspects of your case. You can count on your attorney to help negotiate a fair settlement. If the insurer refuses to pay what you deserve, we can take the case to court. Some of the many tasks your attorney will handle for you include:
- Manage ingoing and outgoing communications with all parties involved
- Obtain police reports and records
- Talk to any eyewitnesses
- Secure the medical records
- Calculate a fair settlement
- Negotiate with the other party
- Represent you in court
Sometimes, you can resolve the issues of a bicycle accident case without going to a trial. A Catahoula bicycle accident lawyer will assess your situation and let you know how to proceed. This allows you time to recover without worrying over details concerning the case.
Get Started with a Catahoula Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Take the first step to find out what your options are in seeking compensation for the injuries you’ve incurred. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we can discuss your situation during a free consultation and find out where you stand. Our attorney is here to give you legal advice and move your case forward on a contingency basis.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you can get your life back on track again and pursue the damages you are eligible for under the law. Get in touch for a free, no-obligation consultation. Call our office today for more information.