Your car accident report, your own recollections, and witness testimony all help identify the at-fault party in a car accident. These items help you prove the at-fault driver’s failure to live up to their duty to provide you with reasonable care. They also help prove the at-fault driver caused your injuries and the resulting financial damages.
When our team represents you, we help you prove you are not at fault in a car accident and how to show the other involved driver was. We also take care of the case-related details, including collecting and organizing your evidence and presenting it as part of the settlement negotiation process. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we present your evidence in court to fight for a fair resolution on your behalf.
Evidence We Collect for You
When we handle your case, you do not have to prove you were not at fault for the accident you were involved in because our personal injury team does it for you. In fact, we take care of all the little details that prove your right to compensation. We also handle the insurance company for you, including all verbal, electronic, and written communication.
For a free legal consultation, call 337-221-9907
We Obtain Your Car Accident Report
In your car accident case, your crash report is a valuable tool. It gives us several pieces of key information that help prove the other driver caused the accident. It will tell us and the at-fault party’s representative:
- The cause of the accident
- The position of each vehicle
- The points of impact
- The identity of witnesses
It also tells us if the at-fault driver received any tickets, committed any traffic violations, or was distracted or intoxicated. It also helps us prove the date of the accident so we can comply with the statute of limitations. In addition, the report should provide the contact information of the driver, their insurance company, and any witnesses.
We Obtain Other Supporting Evidence
While your car accident report is a crucial part of your case, other evidence also plays an important role. We make sure your case file is complete and comprehensive by going over the details of your case with a fine-toothed comb. The evidence we compile while you focus on getting better includes:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Future prognosis
- Salary history
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
Some of the evidence we collect proves the cause of your accident, while some prove its costs and financial value. We organize all your evidence to steer your case toward an insurance settlement versus a prolonged court case.
We Take the Risk Out of Filing Your Lawsuit
In Louisiana, you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit against an at-fault party. When you notify us of your intention to seek compensation, we act quickly to remove the risks that come with seeking compensation too late. The relevant timelines include:
- If your accident caused injuries to you or a loved one, you generally have a year to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to CC Art. 3492
- If your car accident resulted in a fatality, you generally have a year to file your wrongful death lawsuit, according to CC Art. 2315.2
If you do not meet the statute of limitations, the court will not permit you to file your lawsuit at all. Even if you manage to file your lawsuit after the filing deadline expires, it is likely to be dismissed before it can ever be heard. Either of these negative outcomes could mean you are unable to compel the at-fault driver to compensate you. Our team will ensure your case is filed on time with the court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Testimonials and Endorsements From Happy Clients
Clients we represented in personal injury cases in the past say the following about their experience with our team:
- “I like how well put together and professional this business is. I would recommend this firm for anyone.” – Jacob Tonglet
- “I would recommend Laborde Earles to any of my friends. Debbie Pitre is very professional and great to work with!” – Tracy Floris
- “They were patient with all of my questions and quick to respond to my calls and emails. Definitely would recommend!” – Monica Dreitcer
- “Professional law firm that provides personal attention when seeking information and help.” – William Lott
- “Laborde Earles is the go-to for attorneys. Kelby is awesome at what he does! Will definitely recommend him to anyone!” – Chauncey Dupuy
Learn more about working with our client support team and our fight for compensation on our verdicts and settlements page.
Contact Our Car Accident Team Today
If you are seeking financial compensation after a vehicle collision, we can help you prove you were not at fault in the car accident. Learn more about your compensation options by calling (337) 777-7777 to reach one of our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team members today.