Federal Express has been delivering packages since 1971 and now operates all over the world. They are an important part of our lives, but their drivers and managers are not immune to making serious, even life-threatening mistakes. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident with a FedEx truck, a Lake Charles FedEx truck accident lawyer wants to help. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777. We serve Lake Charles, Louisiana, among many other locations around the state.
How Truck Accidents Happen
As with any other type of accident, there are many ways truck accidents can occur. Common causes include:
- Human factors, like distracted driving, speeding, or ignoring traffic signals
- Mechanical factors, like a poorly maintained or defective auto part
- Environmental factors, like obstacles in the road or poor weather conditions
Depending on who or what caused your crash, you may be able to sue the truck driver, the trucking company, the truck maintenance contractor, the road maintenance contractor, the auto part manufacturer, or more than one of these.
For a free legal consultation with a fedex truck accident lawyer serving Lake Charles, call (337) 777-7777
Truck Accidents Are Especially Severe
Of all the types of vehicles on the road, trucks are involved in more injury accidents and fatal accidents than any other. According to Louisiana State University (LSU), in 2019, 43 percent of all such accidents involved a small truck or van, and 9.3 percent involved a large truck. Together, these numbers account for more than half of all injuries and fatal accidents.
Trucks are involved in so many serious accidents because they are much larger than the vehicles around them. Therefore, they have the potential to do more (and more severe) damage than do smaller vehicles.
Lake Charles FedEx Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Identifying Your Damages
There are various types of damages for which accident victims can receive compensation. The two most common are economic (financial) and noneconomic (physical and psychological).
In personal injury cases—that is, cases where you yourself were injured—you may be eligible for compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries had or continue to harm your health.
- Disability: Your injuries included the loss or loss of use of any part of your body.
- Medical expenses: Your injuries required or continue to require professional treatment, such as surgery, medication, assistive devices, or home nursing.
- Loss of wages: Your injuries forced you to stay home from work for a period of time. If your injuries impact your ability to work long-term, you may qualify for loss of employment or loss of earning capacity.
In wrongful death cases—that is, cases where your loved one passed away from their accident injuries, either immediately or after a period of time—you may be eligible for compensation for some of the same damages described above, as well as the ones listed below.
- Funeral expenses: After your loved one’s passing, you paid for their end-of-life expenses, such as the funeral, burial, or estate settlement.
- Loss of financial support: Without your loved one’s income, supporting yourself and your family is much more difficult.
- Loss of companionship: You must learn to live without your loved one’s presence, care, and support.
The above is only a partial list of damages for which you may receive compensation. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you determine which apply to you, how much money you should ask for, and more. To get started with a free, no-obligation case evaluation, call our office now at (337) 777-7777. We can take your call at any time, day or night.
Let a Lawyer Assume Your Legal Burden
After a truck accident, you have enough to worry about. You do not need to add to your list of concerns by navigating the legal system alone. Instead, let a Lake Charles FedEx truck accident lawyer do all the legal work for you. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, which means you only have to pay us if you receive compensation for your losses.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will do whatever it takes to fight for your rights and fair compensation. Our services include:
- Finding all liable parties: As mentioned previously, different truck accidents have different causes. Your lawyer will investigate to determine who is responsible in your case.
- Communicating with others: We will stay in touch with both you and the liable party. There does not need to be direct contact between you and them.
- Filing paperwork: Your lawyer will select all of the correct forms, either help you fill them out or fill them out for you, and submit them in a timely fashion.
- Negotiating a settlement: Your lawyer can meet with the liable party’s insurance company to work out an agreement. If an agreement is reached, they will go over it carefully to make sure it is fair before you sign it.
- Going to court: In cases where the insurance company will not agree to a fair settlement, we are willing to represent you at trial to pursue the compensation to which you may be entitled.
- Guiding you: The legal process is complicated, and trying to make the best decisions for you and your family can be stressful. Ask your lawyer to explain anything you do not understand.
If you are uncertain about whether to hire a lawyer or even whether you have a case worth pursuing, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 today. We are more than happy to provide you with a free case review and answer any questions you may have. Then, if and when you are ready, we will assign a Lake Charles FedEx truck accident lawyer to protect your rights and seek compensation on your behalf.