If you’ve endured physical and emotional pain due to a major or minor car accident, a personal injury lawyer from Lake Charles can help you. An attorney from the team at Laborde Earles can determine if the negligent party should be held liable for your damages and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our law firm has over 350 years of combined experience, and we’re ready to help you win your case. We’ve won millions of dollars of compensation for our clients, and when you work with us, you don’t pay us anything unless we win. Reach out to a Lake Charles car accident lawyer to find out if you have grounds for an insurance claim and take the first step toward your recovery.
We’ll Fight for Maximum Compensation
At Laborde Earles, we can calculate your losses and determine how much compensation you’re owed. Depending on the injuries, expenses, and challenges you’ve faced due to the motor vehicle accident, we may pursue any of the following forms of compensation on your behalf:
- Medical expenses: You could recover damages for ongoing and future medical costs associated with care, rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, emergency room visits, ambulance rides, and transportation to medical appointments.
- Property damage: A car accident lawyer in Lake Charles, LA, may also pursue payment for towing or auto repair costs associated with the accident, as well as vehicle replacement costs.
- Transportation fees: If you had to use a rental car or a taxi service while waiting to repair your car, these damages can cover the costs.
- Lost wages: If you had to miss work while recovering from the accident, you could be compensated for that time lost. If you cannot return to work in the same capacity or at all, you could also seek damages for future loss of income.
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries have caused physical pain or discomfort, these damages can help you cope with the pain you’re experiencing.
- Emotional distress: Collisions can cause accident victims to experience significant emotional trauma and psychological stress. If your accident has taken a toll on your mental health, these damages can help you cope with the emotional distress you’re dealing with.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If you can no longer participate in activities you used to enjoy because of your injuries, you could recover compensation to help you deal with your loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one passed away in a fatal accident, you could sue for wrongful death. If your suit is successful, you could recover compensation for medical bills, funeral and burial costs, cremation costs, loss of financial support, and loss of consortium.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
How an Experienced Lake Charles Attorney Can Help You With Your Case
When you work with a car accident lawyer from our team in Lake Charles, LA, they’ll handle every step of your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries and dealing with the other disruptions caused by the crash.
Here’s what a skilled attorney from our firm can do to win your case:
- Collect evidence to support your claim
- Protect your right to sue the liable party
- Use evidence to show that the negligent driver failed to uphold a reasonable duty of care
- Document your recoverable damages
- Abide by all deadlines that apply to your case
- File your claim and negotiate with the insurer
- Prepare a strong personal injury lawsuit, if needed
An attorney from our firm can provide the legal representation required to complete the above-listed steps successfully. Once they’ve taken all the actions required to make your case worthwhile, you’ll likely receive a settlement or court award that’s substantial enough to cover all your economic and non-economic losses.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
Common Accident Injuries We Can Help You Recover from
After a car crash, you could struggle with severe injuries that affect your quality of life and require expensive medical treatment. Luckily, our team can fight for the payment you need to recuperate from or manage any of the following conditions:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal bleeding
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back injuries
- Permanent disabilities
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Types of Car Accidents We Can File a Claim For
Over the years, our firm has represented individuals injured in a number of different collisions. As a result, we have a deep understanding of how to handle each type of accident case effectively. We’re confident that we have the knowledge and experience required to file a winning claim for any of the following accident types:
- Hit-and-run accident
- Side impact crash
- Rear end accident
- Head on collision
- Rideshare accident
- Fatal accident
- Rollover accident
- Parking lot accident
- Uninsured car accident
If you or someone you love was involved in one of these incidents, a car accident attorney in Lake Charles, LA, can protect your right to compensation. They’ll investigate your collision, determine what caused it, and use the evidence they collect to build a compelling claim.
They treated us like no other people would. Whenever we needed something they were there for us. I put my trust in them and I don’t regret it.Client
Common Causes of Car Accidents We Can Investigate
The investigation process is one of the most important steps in the claims process. Luckily, we employ seasoned investigators to get to the bottom of your accident and find the evidence we need to recover damages. Our team can conduct a thorough investigation into your crash and determine if it was caused by one of the following factors:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving
- Reckless driving
- Improper lane change
- Defective car
- Faulty car maintenance
- Improperly loaded cargo
We can comb through available evidence, work with accident reconstructionists, and interview eyewitnesses to find out what caused your collision. While our team can work quickly to gather important evidence, you’ll want to get started on your case soon to ensure the process goes smoothly.
In some cases, evidence can go missing shortly after the collision, so you’ll want to act fast to ensure valuable information is preserved. Getting an early start on your case can also help our auto accident attorneys file your civil suit within the statute of limitations.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Lawsuits in Lake Charles, LA
Since most Louisiana car crash cases settle out of court, you likely won’t have to go to court to obtain fair compensation. Instead, our Lake Charles car accident lawyers can negotiate a settlement with the insurer that covers your accident-related losses. However, there’s always a chance that the Insurance provider will reject your claim.
If that happens, our team will have to file a civil lawsuit in compliance with the statute of limitations. According to the statute, which is outlined in CC Art. 3492, you only have one year from the day of your crash to file a lawsuit. You’ll also have a one-year filing deadline if you lose a loved one in an accident.
Since exceptions to the statute exist, you may have more or less than one year to sue the responsible party. To ensure your suit is submitted on time, you’ll want to get in touch with our car accident attorneys in Lake Charles, LA, as soon after your incident as possible. That way, they’ll have the time required to take legal action on your behalf.
Can I Still Collect Damages If I Was Partially at Fault?
If you believe you are partly to blame for the collision you were involved in, you might be worried about being able to recover compensation for your injuries and losses. The good news is that you will still likely be able to obtain damages if you were partially at fault.
That’s because Louisiana operates under a comparative negligence standard. In other words, a claimant can still recover damages even if they are 99% at fault. However, it’s important to note that CC Art. 2323 states the court can reduce your damages in proportion to your percentage of fault.
For example, if the court finds you to be 20% responsible for the accident, you’ll be able to recover up to 80% of your total damages. A Lake Charles car accident attorney from our team can explain comparative negligence further and ensure your percentage of fault accurately reflects the part you played in causing the crash.
What to Do After a Vehicle Collision
Car accidents can be extremely stressful, so you may be in shock immediately after a collision. If you’re feeling overwhelmed after a crash, take a deep breath and a moment to calm down. Once you’ve done so, move your car to a safe location near the crash site and evaluate your injuries.
If you’re seriously hurt, call an ambulance and get the emergency medical treatment you need. If you have a few scratches or bruises, take the following steps to address and document the accident properly:
- Check to see if anyone involved in the accident has injuries and get them the medical help they need
- Call the police and file an accident report
- Take pictures of all vehicle damage, injuries, and other pertinent elements
- Gather information from all parties involved in the accident, including names, contact information, and insurance information
- Take notes on how the accident occurred
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer from Lake Charles, LA, ASAP
Seek Medical Care ASAP
Once you’ve taken the steps mentioned above, you’ll want to visit your local urgent care or doctor’s office. Getting evaluated by a medical professional can help you identify any injuries that may have gone unnoticed due to the stress and adrenaline rush from the collision.
Some collision-related injuries can show up days or weeks after the initial accident, so it’s important to get checked out by a doctor even if you don’t feel pain or discomfort. A doctor can help you prevent further complications and prescribe a proper course of treatment.
Seeing a doctor as soon as possible after an automobile accident can also show insurers that your injuries are legitimate. In addition, getting medical treatment will generate documents and records that our Lake Charles car accident attorneys can use to build a strong accident claim.
Save Receipts and Financial Records
Once you’ve received medical attention, you’ll want to focus on saving important documents and records related to your accident. Preserving these forms of evidence and handing them over to your auto accident lawyer will show the insurance adjuster that you need financial reimbursement for the treatment costs and other expenses you’ve incurred.
Make sure to keep the following documentation:
- Receipts for vehicle repairs
- Towing and rental car bills
- Medical bills for current and ongoing medical care, emergency room treatment, and ambulance transportation
A car accident attorney from our team in Lake Charles, LA, can give you more information on the documentation you need and help collect medical records for your injury claim. They’ll be able to use the financial records you gather to calculate your losses and substantiate your personal injury claim.
The Most Dangerous Louisiana Roads
There are a number of roads that are worn down and generally unsafe in Louisiana that contribute to auto accidents. For example, the I-10 is one of the state’s busiest and most dangerous roads. The following roads have also seen many collisions:
If a driver hit you while you were walking on one of the roads listed above, you could file a claim with a Lake Charles pedestrian accident lawyer. That said, whether you were involved in a pedestrian accident, drunk driving accident, or another type of collision on a Louisiana highway, our car accident lawyers are here for you.
Why Laborde Earles Is the Smart Choice for Your Car Accident Case
At our law office, we have the experience and knowledge to help you recover fair compensation after a collision. We’ll work tirelessly to ensure you have the best chance possible at receiving appropriate financial remedies. Here’s what our law firm can do to make your life easy during the claims process:
- Offer 24/7 availability: A knowledgeable auto accident lawyer from our team can always answer your questions or update you on the status of your case, no matter what time of day it is.
- Deal with insurers: Insurance companies are always looking for ways to pay you less. The insurer might even contact you right after your accident to try and offer a lowball settlement or lead you into saying something that hurts your claim. Our lawyers can ensure that the insurance provider doesn’t take advantage of you while you’re in a vulnerable state.
- Provide a free consultation: During your free, no-obligation consultation, we can review your case and give you an estimate of how much your car accident lawsuit could be worth. We’ll also walk you through the possible timeline for your case so you know how long it might take to receive a payment.
Our Lake Charles Car Accident Attorneys Have an Impressive Track Record
As you can see, there are many reasons why hiring our team is an excellent choice. You’ll also want to work with us because we have the experience required to win a fair settlement for you. We’re confident we have what it takes to obtain fair payment for your losses because we have a stellar track record of winning high-value verdicts and settlements.
You’ll be pleased to hear that our firm has won the following settlements for accident victims like yourself:
- A $5,250,000 settlement for a client with a brain injury from a car accident
- A $2,000,000 settlement for a client with spinal cord injuries from a car accident
- A $1,000,000 settlement for a victim of an auto crash
- A $900,000 settlement for a victim of an auto accident
Our Contingency Fee Policy
Another advantage you’ll enjoy from working with our car accident attorneys in Lake Charles, LA, is our contingency fee policy. Because we operate on a contingency fee basis, we won’t charge you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees for the services we provide. Instead of charging you directly, our attorneys will take a portion of the verdict or settlement you receive.
This way, you won’t have to worry about another expense on top of the already significant medical bills, vehicle repair costs, and income losses you’re struggling with. A trusted personal injury attorney from our team can explain our payment policy further and answer any questions you have during your free consultation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Lake Charles Car Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a collision caused by a negligent driver, you could be dealing with devastating injuries, worrying financial losses, and a heavy emotional burden. Fortunately, the team at Laborde Earles is here to help you carry the weight of a serious accident.
A Lake Charles car accident lawyer from our firm can construct a compelling case and fight relentlessly for the damages you need to get back on your feet. Contact our team today to schedule a free initial consultation and get started on your claim.