Parking lot accidents are more common than many realize. Though drivers generally travel at a low speed in these areas, a crash can still leave you with serious injuries. Those injuries can be much worse if a driver fails to observe speed limits. If you or someone you know suffered injuries in a parking lot accident, a Jefferson Island parking lot accident lawyer can help you file a claim for damages.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has the legal know-how and the resources to seek the compensation you deserve. We provide a free consultation to discuss your case and help you understand your rights. There are no upfront legal fees to start your case at our Jefferson Island law firm because we work on a contingency-fee basis. Our attorneys only get paid if they obtain a settlement or court award for you.
Our Attorneys Work Hard for Injury Victims in the Jefferson Island Community
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we can handle your entire case. Our attorneys work to properly investigate your parking lot accident, determine the amount of damages you should receive, and demand the liable party pay what you deserve. We take pride in providing strong legal representation for the injured in Jefferson Island, Louisiana.
Our parking lot accident attorneys know that without a knowledgeable legal representative on their side, car accident victims are at the mercy of big insurance companies that are only interested in protecting their bottom line. Therefore, we consider it our duty to protect your rights to fair and full compensation.
Our Louisiana Car Accident Case Victories
We’ve won countless victories for clients throughout the state. Some of our highlights in car accident cases include:
- $400,000 for a client who suffered a shoulder injury after being struck by a drunk driver
- $195,000 for an auto accident who suffered a back injury with no surgery involved
- $150,000 for a car accident client with neck and back injuries
Just as we fought for the clients above, our parking lot accident lawyers in Jefferson Island will fight for you.
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accident lawyer serving Jefferson, call (337) 777-7777
Fighting for Financial Recovery After a Jefferson Island Parking Lot Crash
Under Louisiana law, you can recover economic and non-economic damages from the at-fault party after a crash. Our legal team will work hard to collect the proper proof of your injuries and financial losses in addition to assigning an appropriate value to your pain and suffering.
You may be able to recoup compensation for the following types of damages:
- Lost Wages or Reduced Ability to Earn: When your injuries leave you unable to work, you can file a claim for lost wages and reduced ability to earn.
- Medical Care: The costs of medical care and any related treatment or therapies are recoverable in your Jefferson Island parking lot accident claim. Emergency care, surgery, hospital or doctors’ visits, physical rehabilitation, and chiropractic services are some examples of medical care you may claim in compensation.
- Vehicle Damage: You can claim any damage to your car that occurred as a result of the parking lot crash. Whether you need repairs or a replacement, the other party must make you whole under the law. You are even entitled to the loss of value of your car after repairs are made.
- Pain and Suffering: Even car accidents that take place in parking lots can leave you with serious or long-lasting injuries. You can recover money for your injuries as well as the result of your injuries. For example, if you suffered a broken leg, you also faced the pain it caused and the inability to walk. All of those hardships can factor into your total amount of compensation. Additionally, you are entitled to recover damages for any mental or emotional suffering that came from the accident.
Jefferson Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Statute of Limitations in a Jefferson Island Parking Lot Accident Case
Louisiana doesn’t provide much time for accident victims to seek compensation. You have one year under CC Art. 3492 to file a lawsuit for financial recovery. You may want to contact our parking lot accident attorneys right away if you recently experienced a collision in a parking lot or garage.
Our parking lot accident lawyers in Jefferson Island, LA dedicate themselves to working fast and efficiently to resolve your claim and get the money you need to put your life back together. Failure to meet the state’s filing deadline is likely to result in losing your right to financial compensation.
Types of Parking Lot Accidents Our Injury Lawyers Can Help With
One in five car accidents happen in a parking lot or garage, resulting in an estimated 50,000 parking lot collisions, according to a CBS News article reporting on data from the National Safety Council (NSC).
Parking lot accidents can occur in a variety of ways. Overall, many parking lot accidents happen because of the following reasons:
- Driving while distracted or otherwise not paying attention
- Backing out at the same time
- Vying for the same parking spot
- Backing into another car as another driver is pulling out
- Pulling out in front of an oncoming car
- Ramming other parked vehicles while trying to maneuver into a spot
- Pulling into traffic
- Failing to yield to others already in a parking lane or a perimeter lane
- Striking pedestrians
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Liability in a Jefferson Island Parking Lot Accident
Because Louisiana is an at-fault state, the at-fault party could be liable for any damages you sustained. A parking lot collision lawyer at our firm serving Jefferson Island can investigate by:
- Examining the site of the collision
- Reviewing police reports
- Analyzing surveillance footage from the parking garage or lot
- Speaking to witnesses
We can identify the party ultimately responsible for paying you. Many times this is a driver’s insurance company, but that may not be the case. It’s possible that the parking lot or garage owner is liable for defects in the parking lot, such as potholes, unsafe speed bumps, poor lighting, inadequate space, or unreasonably difficult-to-navigate spacing.
Our law firm will look into all possible sources of compensation to ensure you seek a fair recovery.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for Help With Your Parking Lot Accident
A parking lot accident lawyer in Jefferson Island, LA can get started on your case right away. If you believe you’re entitled to recover damages after a parking lot accident, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for a free case evaluation.