A lot of activity can go on in a parking lot that may put drivers and pedestrians at risk for an auto accident. Vehicles can collide when someone is backing out of a parking space, distracted drivers can hit pedestrians or other vehicles, and some drivers may act territorial over parking spaces out of road rage. If you or a loved one was injured in a parking lot accident in Cecilia, Louisiana, you can pursue compensation for your damages.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we help clients stand up against negligent parties so that they can recover their losses. We offer to review your case for free in your first consultation, then assign a Cecilia parking lot accident lawyer to your case once we assess the situation.
Damages You May Qualify to Recover in Your Personal Injury Case
If you were injured in a parking lot accident in Cecilia, Louisiana, you can pursue compensation for the following types of damages:
- Costs for past and future medical treatment
- Current and future lost wages, including benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Permanent disability
- Property damage
- Reduced quality of life
You may demand compensation for other damages more niche to your situation. For example, if you suffered a spinal cord injury after being hit by a vehicle and now require a wheelchair for mobility purposes, you may recover the costs for your medical aid as well as other equipment you needed to purchase to perform daily tasks.
Our team will go over your damages thoroughly and calculate a figure to pursue when petitioning for your financial recovery. Reaching this value will also allow us to measure how fair a settlement offer might be when compared with your current and future damages.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a parking lot accident, our law firm extends our deepest condolences for your loss. Families are often overwhelmed with grief and might not consider pursuing compensation right away. However, Louisiana’s statute of limitations is short for wrongful death cases, so there is no time to waste.
When you hire a Cecilia parking lot accident attorney from our firm, we take the lead on your case so that you can focus on your mourning period. You can let us handle the legal burden, and we’ll fight for compensation for additional damages, such as:
- Funeral arrangement costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of financial support
- Medical debt
We’ll keep you updated about your case and let you know if you receive any settlement offers.
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accident lawyer serving Cecilia, call (337) 777-7777
How a Cecilia Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Can Serve You
A parking lot accident attorney can serve you by:
- Organizing a private investigation into your case to determine which liable party or parties may be involved
- Reviewing the crash report filed with local law enforcement and see how that report matches with the facts surrounding your case
- Retrieving evidence can support your claims, such as surveillance footage, eyewitness testimony, and accident reconstruction analysis
- Speaking with involved parties on your behalf to protect your case and creating curated statements when prompted about your case
- Attending legal meetings to potentially negotiate a settlement
- Present your case in front of a judge and jury and advocate for your legal interests
- Provide legal counsel for any questions and concerns you may have during your legal journey
One of our team members can go into more detail about our legal services in your first consultation.
Cecilia Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Louisiana Only Gives a One-Year Filing Period—So Don’t Waste Time
Louisiana does not give a long amount of time for plaintiffs to file personal injury lawsuits. Per CC Art. 3492, you generally have one year from the date of the parking lot accident to submit your case and demand compensation from a liable party. The same one-year filing period applies to parking lot accident cases involving wrongful death, per CC Art. 2315.2, though the filing period begins on the date of the victim’s death.
If you fail to file your injury lawsuit within your case’s statutory deadline, this could jeopardize your right to pursue compensation. A reviewing judge may dismiss your case upon submission or immediately after finding out it was filed outside of the grace window period. Alternatively, a judge may grant a case dismissal upon the defendant’s request if they find out about its tardiness, and this grant would absolve them of liability.
Errors People Make in Parking Lots
Parking lot accidents can involve:
- Failing to look behind your vehicle for pedestrians and traffic when backing out of a space
- Failing to signal when turning into a space or claiming a space
- Failing to drive below 20 miles per hour in case of pedestrians walk out into the parking lot road lanes
- Being distracted while looking for a parking lot space and not noticing vehicles or pedestrians intercepting
- Being mugged or robbed in a parking lot area
- Road rage over who can park in a parking space
- Colliding into other vehicles when parking into or backing out of a space
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Our firm is interested in hearing about your case. We can go over legal strategies on how we may argue why the other party’s negligence caused your injuries, as well as anticipate defenses for you in case the defendant claims you have partial liability over your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a vehicle accident that occurred in a Cecilia parking lot, you may have legal grounds to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit to demand financial compensation for your injuries or damages. A Cecilia parking lot accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can review your case, then gather the information necessary to build your argument against the at-fault driver or liable party.
We offer the first consultation for free to people who call the number on our website. This allows us to answer any questions you have while explaining how our legal services work. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, so you do not owe any attorney’s fees unless we win your case. So, don’t wait to start building your case and call today.