Trucks keep the economy moving and are vital to our everyday lives. They deliver food to Jeanerette’s grocery stores and other goods we couldn’t live without. Truck drivers are trained professionals and are some of the most skilled drivers on the road. However, sometimes, truckers make mistakes, resulting in serious accidents. As a result of these actions, occupants of other vehicles can suffer severe injuries.
Safety has vastly improved in both cars and trucks. However, accidents can still turn deadly when a big rig is involved. If you or a loved one has been involved in a big rig accident, our Jeanerette big rig accident lawyer with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you seek damages for your pain and suffering, medical bills, and more. You can start with a free consultation with our personal injury team today.
How Our Jeanerette Big Rig Attorneys Can Help Your Truck Accident Case
Every day, we use our collective 100-plus years of personal injury legal experience to help injured clients throughout Louisiana. When you hire our big rig accident attorneys serving Jeanerette, we can take care of your entire case while you focus on recovering from the truck collision. We can:
- Investigate your truck accident case to determine its cause
- Gather evidence to prove the liable party’s negligence (e.g., medical records, witness accounts, police reports, video footage)
- Name all potentially liable parties in your case who owe you damages (e.g., the truck driver’s employer, the truck’s manufacturer, a cargo loading company, etc.)
- Handle all case communications on your behalf
- Conduct negotiation talks with the liable party’s insurer
- Prepare and file your lawsuit within Louisiana’s statutory deadlines
- Represent you at trial if we cannot resolve your case outside of court
- Update you regularly about your case and answer all your questions and concern
We Can Start on Jeanerette Big Rig Case With No Upfront Costs or Fees
Our lawyers understand that commercial 18-wheeler truck accidents bring big bills, especially if the crash causes major injuries. We handle injury cases on contingency, which means we do not get paid unless you win your case. A contingency fee, which would be an agreed-upon percentage of your award, allows us to start on your case without delay. We can explain this fee arrangement during your free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Jeanerette, call (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Damages Our Big Rig Accident Attorney in Jeanerette, LA, Can Seek for You
You likely have economic (financial) and non-economic (non-financial) damages after a tractor-trailer accident in Jeanerette. We can seek these on your behalf. They include:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Lost or reduced earning ability
- Property repair or replacement costs
- Other accident-related costs
- Physical and mental pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a family member in the acciden
Our Jeanerette big rig accident lawyer will assess all your damages and advise you of the compensation you can request from the liable party.
Jeanerette Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Louisiana Limits the Time You Have to Sue for Big Rig Truck Accident Damages
Our big rig truck accident attorneys can help you take legal action, but how much time they have depends on you. Your 18-wheeler accident that happened in Jeanerette is on a timer as soon as it happens. If you don’t file your action by the deadline, you could lose your opportunity to recover damages from the party responsible for your injuries and losses.
Per CC Art. 3492, injured parties in Louisiana generally have one year from the accident date to sue for damages. Parties filing wrongful death actions also have one year from the victim’s death date to file their lawsuits, according to CC Art. 2315.2. When you reach out to us, we can advise you of the laws that apply to your case. We will file your action promptly if we have enough time to do so.
Click to contact our Jeanerette Truck Accident Lawyers today
What Causes Truck Accidents?
There are a few different causes of truck accidents in Jeanerette. We review some of the most common types of truck accidents below.
Driver fatigue is a common cause of truck accidents. Truck drivers are often awake for long periods, leading to driver exhaustion. The errors that tired drivers make are similar to those that intoxicated drivers make.
Driving Under the Influence
It’s illegal for anyone to drive under the influence in Louisiana, including semi-truck drivers. Accidents that driving under the influence causes are completely avoidable and cannot be tolerated under any circumstance.
Improperly Loaded Cargo
Although it might seem insignificant, the truck’s cargo must be loaded correctly. If the cargo is not balanced, it could affect the driver’s control over the vehicle and could even lead to rollover accidents.
Semi-trucks are large vehicles, which means there are many blind spots around the cab. Therefore, the truck driver might not see your vehicle when changing lanes or making other maneuvers and causing an accident.
As you can see, there are quite a few causes of truck accidents in Louisiana. If you or a loved one have been the victim of a truck accident, you can reach out to our big rig accident lawyer in Jeanerette, LA, today for legal representation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Type of Injuries Occur?
When a truck and another vehicle collide, significant injuries could occur. Trucks can weigh around 30 times heavier than a standard vehicle, providing other motorists with a disadvantage when an accident occurs.
Because trucks are so large, the occupants in smaller vehicles often suffer life-threatening wounds such as:
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
These injuries usually cause serious head trauma. In an accident, this happens when an occupant’s head hits a surface inside of the vehicle. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can result in life-changing effects, such as memory loss and, in some cases, death.
Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs)
Big rig accidents can cause spinal cord injuries (SCIs). These injuries can cause partial or total paralysis, which could result in needing medical equipment such as mobility devices and rehabilitation.
Broken Bones and Fractures
These injuries can range from minor to severe and can occur throughout the body. It often takes a while to recover from these injuries, and other issues could appear in the future.
If you or a loved one have experienced any of these injuries, our Jeanerette big rig accident lawyer can start your case and seek the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Big Rig Truck Accident in Jeanerette, LA
Getting into an accident with a big rig can be traumatic. You might be injured and not know where to turn. We understand that you might be in shock and confused about the entire situation. However, you should do a few things after the accident.
- Call first responders: You should check yourself and your passengers for injuries and call 911 after a big rig accident. Emergency workers can help you if you’re injured, and the police can investigate the scene and create a police report that you can use later for evidence.
- Take pictures and assess your injuries: Taking pictures of the scene will help your lawyer build your case.
- Seek medical help: It’s critical to seek medical help right away, even if you don’t notice any immediate injuries. Some of these injuries might not become noticeable until a few days after the accident occurred.
- Evidence: Collecting evidence from the scene is crucial to building your case. This includes what you were wearing on the day of the accident and anything you had on your person.
- Get in touch with a Jeanerette big rig accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers: You can get in touch with our big rig accident team immediately. You can also receive a free consultation so we can begin building your case.
Being involved in a big rig accident could change your life forever. Therefore, it’s critical that you get in touch with our big rig accident lawyer in Jeanerette, LA, as soon as possible.
Call Us Today for Help With a Big Rig Crash in Jeanerette, LA
We understand that being involved in an accident with a big rig is a life-changing experience. That’s why it’s our core belief that everyone deserves to receive legal representation. Therefore, we seek a fair settlement for you and don’t charge you anything unless we recover awards for you. We want to make sure you get the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
Get in touch with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to help you with your case and handle the legalities while you focus on recovery. Call for a free consultation so that we can begin working for you today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form