Work-related injuries can have a catastrophic impact on your life. Make sure you have access to the compensation you will need to cover your costs while you recuperate.
Find out if you qualify for workers’ compensation benefits when you work with a Jeanerette workers’ compensation lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. We can handle your claim or help you file an appeal if you received a denial of benefits.
Accidents That Can Lead to Workers’ Compensation Claims in Jeanerette
Some industries involve more dangerous work environments than others, but a workplace accident can happen in any field. Even a simple slip and fall could lead to a workers’ compensation claim. As long as your injuries meet the requirements of the Office of Workers’ Compensation Administration (OWCA) and they occurred while you were on the job, you should receive workers’ compensation benefits.
Some types of Jeanerette work accidents include:
- Construction accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Scaffold accidents
- Bulldozer accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Trips, slips, and falls
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Factory accidents
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Trench collapses
- Explosions and fires
These are only a few of the different types of work-related accidents that can warrant a workers’ compensation claim. However, if you were injured in another type of accident, you may still have the right to certain benefits. Explore your options further when you work with a workers’ compensation lawyer in Jeanerette.
For a free legal consultation with a workers' compensation lawyer serving Jeanerette, call (337) 777-7777
Injuries That Can Qualify You for Workers’ Compensation Benefits
There are countless types of injuries a worker could suffer on the job. Even individuals working at a desk all day are at risk of suffering injuries and illnesses. Some types of work injuries and medical conditions that warrant workers’ compensation claims include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Third-degree burns
- Compound fractures and broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lacerations that lead to sepsis
- Contusions and abrasions
If you have suffered another type of work-related injury that was not listed above, you might still have grounds for a workers’ compensation claim. You can find out more about whether you meet the eligibility requirements and how a Jeanerette workers’ compensation attorney from our firm can help during a free consultation.
Jeanerette Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Eligibility for Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Louisiana requires the majority of companies and employers to provide their employees with workers’ compensation protection coverage. An employer who fails to carry workers’ compensation coverage can face civil liability when an employee suffers a work-related injury.
It is important to note that only employees are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. An independent contractor would not be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
To be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits, your attorney will need to determine whether your injuries occurred within the scope of your job responsibilities. If you meet the eligibility requirements, the insurance company should be required to provide you with the compensation and benefits you need to cover your costs and recuperate from your injuries.
Click to contact our Jeanerette Personal Injury Lawyers today
Types of Workers’ Compensation Benefits
There are a wide variety of workers’ compensation benefits that you may be entitled to if you meet the qualifying criteria. Some types of workers’ compensation benefits you could collect include:
- Medical benefits – The insurance company will be required to cover all of your medical expenses as they relate to your on-the-job injury. This will include all current and future medical equipment, costs, and care.
- Mileage reimbursement – The insurance company will be responsible for compensating you for the costs of transportation to and from your physician’s appointments.
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits – When your injuries prevent you from being able to continue work, and you must obtain further job training or go back to school to enter a new industry, the insurance company will be expected to cover those costs.
- Catastrophic injury benefits – Individuals diagnosed with catastrophic injuries may be able to secure a one-time lump-sum payment of $50,000.
- Disability benefits – Disability benefits are designed to replace your income while you are unable to work. Generally, you may collect approximately two-thirds of your average weekly salary. However, this amount can vary widely based on the specific details of your case.
- Death benefits – The surviving family members of individuals who pass away from work-related injuries may be able to collect disability benefits equal to a percentage of the decedent’s average weekly income.
- Funeral and burial expenses – The insurance company will be required to cover any funeral and burial expenses related to a saddle work injury. Louisiana law caps funeral and burial expenses at $8,500.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Insurers May Deny Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Workers’ compensation claim denials can occur for a variety of reasons. Even a simple clerical error on your application can cause a denial of benefits. If you received a denial of benefits, don’t give up hope. You can provide supplemental information to support your original claim or file an appeal.
Usually, your attorney can negotiate with the insurance company and provide them with additional documentation, medical records, or other evidence that shows your need and right to workers’ compensation benefits.
However, if the insurance company remains steadfast in its decision to deny your claim, your attorney will be prepared to file an appeal. This process is complicated, but we can handle all of the paperwork for you.
Work With a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Jeanerette Today
Pursuing workers’ compensation benefits can be overwhelming while you are still in the throes of your recovery. Get help holding the insurance company accountable and recovering the benefits that are rightfully yours when you hire a Jeanerette workers’ compensation lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. Our personal injury lawyers can also help you file a lawsuit against a negligent third party, such as the manufacturer of a defective piece of equipment.
Our firm is proud to offer no-cost, risk-free consultations to work injury victims across Jeanerette in nearby cities. Take advantage of this opportunity by completing our quick contact form or calling our office.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form