If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a collision involving a large truck, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you pursue compensation for their wrongful death. Our Chataignier, LA, fatal truck accident lawyers can prove that a negligent party caused your loved one’s crash and bears responsibility for the resulting damages.
How Can Our Fatal Truck Accident Lawyers Help Your Family?
We offer you and your family our sincerest condolences. We know losing a loved one is devastating, especially when their death resulted from a preventable accident. It would be our honor and privilege to help you seek justice. We will fight to ensure those responsible for your family member’s fatal injury pay for their negligent actions.
Our team has more than 250 years of combined legal experience assisting personal injury victims and clients seeking compensation for the wrongful death of a loved one. Our fatal truck accident attorneys in Chataignier, LA, can handle every detail of your insurance claims or lawsuits so that you can focus on healing and helping your family move forward.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal truck accident lawyer serving Chataignier, call (337) 777-7777
Our Fatal Truck Accident Lawyers in Chataignier, LA, Can Recover Your Damages
The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that fatal traffic accidents cost around $1.75 million per victim in medical bills, lost wages, vehicle damages, and other expenses. You and your family have enough to deal with as you grieve the loss of your loved one. Financial hardships shouldn’t further upend your life.
Our attorneys can review losses related to your loved one’s death and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation available in your case. Fatal truck accident awards may include:
- Medical expenses. We can seek recovery for all of your loved one’s medical bills from the time of their injury until death, including the cost of emergency transportation and treatment, surgeries, hospital stays, doctor fees, and palliative care.
- Funeral costs. We can seek compensation for your family member’s final expenses, including funeral home fees and the cost of cremation or burial.
- Lost income. We can pursue awards for your loved one’s lost wages, earnings, and benefits. We can also seek compensation for their future lost earnings and lost financial support.
- Household services. We can recover the value of household services your loved one would have provided had they lived, including cooking, cleaning, childcare, and home and property maintenance.
- Pain and suffering. Surviving family members can pursue non-economic awards for mental anguish and emotional suffering caused by their loved one’s death. You may also qualify for compensation for your loved one’s lost guidance, companionship, and care.
We Have Won Millions of Dollars for Our Clients
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has secured more than $600 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Our case results include significant awards for truck accident victims and wrongful death clients, including:
- A $23 million judgment for the wrongful death of a mother
- A $2.7 million settlement for a client injured by an 18-wheeler
- A $1.75 trial verdict for a client injured by an 18-wheeler
- $400,000 for a client struck by a commercial vehicle
Chataignier Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What Are Your Rights If Your Loved One Suffered a Fatal Truck Accident?
CC Art. 2315.1 gives surviving family members the legal right to pursue compensation for a loved one’s death. However, the statute is specific regarding who can seek awards and in what order. The right of action is as follows:
- The deceased’s surviving spouse and children, or either their spouse or children
- The deceased’s surviving parents (if there is no surviving spouse or children)
- The deceased’s surviving sisters and brothers (if there are no surviving parents, spouse, or children)
- The deceased’s surviving grandparents (if there are no surviving siblings, parents, spouse, or children)
- The deceased’s personal representative (executor) in the absence of any qualifying survivors
The law also states that adopted children and siblings have the same rights as blood relatives. Additionally, the statute explicitly excludes parents who abandoned their children during their minority from pursuing compensation.
CC Art. 2315.2 generally gives family members one year from their loved one’s time of death to take action. If you do not adhere to the statute of limitations, you may not be able to recover damages. Our fatal truck accident lawyers in Chataignier can file your wrongful death lawsuit before time expires.
Click to contact our Chataignier Truck Accident Lawyers today
Our Team Can Investigate Your Loved One’s Fatal Truck Accident
According to the Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation, there were 90 fatal accidents involving trucks/trailers and 31 fatal crashes involving single-unit trucks on Louisiana’s roadways in 2021. If your loved one sustained a deadly injury in a collision on Vine Street, Highway 1163, or anywhere else in Chataignier, our team can investigate your accident and determine liability.
Potentially liable parties/fatal truck accident causes include:
- Negligent truck drivers. Commercial vehicle drivers owe others on the road a duty of care. They must follow Louisiana’s traffic laws, and trucks that travel interstate must follow Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. Examples of driver negligence include speeding, driving under the influence, and failing to take mandatory breaks/rests. Third-party motorists may also be liable if their negligent driving behavior contributed to your loved one’s crash.
- Trucking companies. Trucking companies have a responsibility to vet and adequately train their drivers, as well as maintain any vehicles they own and conduct required inspections.
- The entity responsible for cargo. The company responsible for the truck’s cargo could be liable if your family member’s crash involved an overloaded truck, dangerous or mislabeled cargo, or shifting/unsecured loads.
We may collect evidence to support claims of negligence, which may include:
- The truck driver’s driving/employment records
- The truck’s “black box” recording device
- Surveillance or dashcam footage
- Vehicle service/maintenance records
- Police reports
- Shipping logs
- Eyewitness accounts
- Expert testimony
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get started.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today!
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can take your case at no upfront cost to you and your family. We work on contingency and can get you started with a free consultation. Contact us today to learn more about how our Chataignier fatal truck accident lawyers can seek justice for your deceased loved one and fight on behalf of your family.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form