Even in a supposedly safe work environment, there is always the risk of injury. Accidents will still happen in the workplace, even among the most careful employees and employers. When accidents and injuries occur in the workplace, workers’ compensation helps cover the expenses.
After your workplace accident, you might want help from a personal injury attorney. A Chataignier workers’ compensation lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help.
What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation typically covers your medical bills from your injury if you get hurt while at work. The other main component of workers’ compensation is disability payments. This is when you receive part of your wages while you cannot work.
For example, let’s say you broke your leg in a work accident. Because of the injury, you cannot work like you normally would until your leg heals. In this case, you will likely receive short-term disability payments while you are off from work and your injury heals. But you wouldn’t likely receive long-term disability payments if your leg heals entirely after the incident.
On the other hand, if your injuries resulted in permanent disability, you would likely receive disability payments for a longer time. What is covered under workers’ compensation will depend on where you work and your state. Every state’s laws are slightly different regarding workers’ compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a workers' compensation lawyer serving Chataignier, call (337) 777-7777
Common Causes of Workplace Accidents Our Firm Sees in Chataignier
Your risk for accident or injury at work will depend on your job. Each job comes with certain risks and potential hazards. As noted by the National Safety Council, the top four causes of workplace accidents include the following:
- Getting exposed to harmful environments or substances: This could include things like exposure to diseases, toxic chemicals, electricity, or temperature extremes.
- Overexertion and the body’s reaction to overexertion: This could include repetitive actions that cause injury or overexertion through pushing, pulling, or lifting.
- Falls, slips, and trips: These can happen in several areas and can involve actions like tripping on uneven surfaces. Sometimes falls can lead to severe injury or even death.
- Contact with equipment or objects: This could include injuries like being hit with a moving object or experiencing a crushing injury from equipment.
Your injuries’ exact cause and severity will depend on your specific circumstances. Sometimes multiple factors will contribute to your injuries.
Chataignier Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What to Do After a Workplace Accident in Chatagnier, Louisiana
After a workplace accident, report the accident to your employer as soon as possible. This helps ensure that you get the workers’ compensation you need after your injury. After obtaining any emergency medical care you need, you can work through the process of a workers’ compensation claim.
It is essential to be in open and honest communication with your employer. This impacts the treatment you may receive and your ability to get benefits. For example, your employer may want you to see a specific doctor after your injury to evaluate your level of disability. Concealing your injury or not reporting it until later can make the process more difficult.
Click to contact our Chataignier Personal Injury Lawyers today
If the Insurance Company Denies Your Chataignier Workers’ Compensation Claim
Sometimes, insurers deny claims or want to pay less in disability payments than the injuries warrant. Depending on your situation, it can be helpful to consult with your workers’ compensation lawyer. A workers’ compensation attorney can help you appeal the denial to help you get the coverage you need.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Benefits of Working With a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Serving Chataignier
Workers’ compensation lawyers understand the laws and regulations that apply to your case in your state. We will carefully review your case and the benefits you qualify for. We can offer you legal advice about handling your case moving forward.
Overall, we aim to make the process of getting workers’ compensation easier for you. We aim to get you the amount you need.
Don’t Worry About Afford a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer from Our Team
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we only charge you for our services if we help you recover compensation. So, you have the freedom and flexibility to get the legal advice you need to move forward. We can answer further questions about how our payment system works when you meet with our firm.
Client Testimonials That Give You an Idea of What to Expect from Our Team
You don’t have to take our word for the success of our firm. Here are what our clients have had to say after working with us:
- Amazing staff! Very friendly and helpful, they made us feel comfortable from the minute you walked through the door till the sec you leave! And as far as Digger Earles! Well, that felt like I was talking to family. He answered all our questions before we even asked, and the ones he didn’t, he answered those as well! If you know me, you know I’m direct and blunt and don’t sugarcoat. This guy exceeded my expectations and made it first class. ~ Luke
- Great guys. Easy to talk to and even easier to work with. Highly recommended. ~ Tim
- They are very professional and get the job done that was given to them. And they treat you like family, which is very important to them. ~ Sandra
Get a Free Consultation Today From Our Workers’ Compensation Team
We are proud to serve our clients in the Chataignier area, and our legal team is ready to help you with your case. It all starts with a free consultation. This consultation allows us to review your case and how we can help you. Our lawyers can bring their legal knowledge to your workers’ compensation case.
Let us help you and answer your questions about the workers’ compensation process. Contact us today to get started with your free consultation.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form