The average settlement for upper and middle back pain after a car accident can vary widely based on injury severity and prognosis. No two people may experience pain in the same way, and back injuries can affect victims differently. For example, your treatment expenses and the time you miss from work are unique contributing factors. In combination with others, these factors add up to form the financial value of your injury case.
When our personal injury team represents you, we treat your case like the one-of-a-kind case it is. That means we take time to assess and assign an accurate value to your injuries and the damages that stem from them. We also use your evidence and written prognosis to ensure your recoverable damages reflect the care you will need now and in the future until you are fully recovered.
Identifying the Cause of Your Back Pain
Numerous factors can cause upper and middle back pain after a collision. For example, the accident could have left you with:
- Whiplash or other soft tissue injuries
- Muscle sprains
- Muscle strains
- Spinal cord damage
- Injured discs
- Damaged nerves
According to Cedar Sinai Medicine research, your treatment plan for back pain can include pain and anti-inflammatory medication. It can also include long-term physical therapy and rehabilitation. In addition, some severe cases may require surgery. Your initial and ongoing treatment costs will greatly influence the overall value of your car accident case.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
Other Damages You Could Recover in a Settlement
When our attorneys sit down with you to determine the value of your car accident case, we work hard to make sure no expenses are omitted. We gather as much evidence as possible for you, but we may ask you to bring receipts and other supporting documents in your possession. In addition to medical bills, your recoverable damages may include:
- Current and future income loss: Back pain can make it difficult to stand for long periods or participate in physical activities, which could prevent you from working.
- Loss of future earning capacity: Chronic back pain could keep you from returning to the same job at full capacity, or at all. This could cause you to take a pay cut.
- Treatment-related travel expenses: Your injuries and/or vehicle damage may prevent you from driving, forcing you to rely on other transportation to get to your medical appointments.
- Property damage or destruction: You may need to replace or repair your vehicle.
- Mental and physical pain and suffering: Back pain can be debilitating, potentially affecting your ability to care for yourself, spend time with your family, or enjoy activities the same way you did before.
Before we submit your compensation request to the at-fault party or entertain any requests from them, we make sure the value we assign to your case is accurate. We also help you avoid accepting a speedy settlement that will not have taken all your expenses and losses into account.
You don’t Have Long to File a Car Accident Lawsuit
When you seek your specific recoverable damages, the state imposes a filing deadline on your potential lawsuit. In Louisiana, CC Art. 3492 generally allows you to initiate a lawsuit up to a year from the date of the accident. Failing to comply with this deadline means you lose your right to take the case to court.
When we collect the accident report as part of your case’s evidence, we’ll use it to identify the collision date and other critical details. Once we know when the collision occurred, we can ensure compliance with the statute of limitations so your case is not dismissed before it is even heard.
We Advocate for Each Client’s Financial Recovery
Our personal injury team is passionate about meeting our clients’ needs – this passion has helped us secure hundreds of five-star ratings on Google. When they tell others about our firm, our past clients say:
- “I truly couldn’t ask for a better person and team of attorneys for my case. Thank you so much for all you do! One of the things I cherish most, is the relationship we’ve established.” – Tara Hiykel
- “I’ve never been left in the dark and always have been well informed on everything that was going on. Happy with lawyers without a bad taste in mouth ? I never thought I’d say that!” – Sonny Lynn
- “Laborde Earles Law Firm was a blessing during the most difficult time of my life. They are compassionate and very professional with great attention to detail.” – Cory Riche
You can learn more about our commitment to client-centered services and what it’s like to work with us on our testimonials page or by browsing our Google reviews.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Put Our Law Firm to Work for You
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, you could be entitled to monetary recovery. Find out what your potential settlement is for upper and middle back pain after a car accident by calling our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team at (337) 777-7777 today.