Many people enjoy riding a bicycle to get to their destination. Bike riding helps reduce carbon emissions in the environment, and it’s also a way for many people to exercise or relax during a leisurely ride. Still, sharing the road with larger vehicles presents dangers for bicyclists. Even if they follow all the rules of the road, they can get into accidents.
If you have been in an accident in Duson, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you recover your damages by filing an insurance claim or injury lawsuit against the party that caused your accident. Our Duson bicycle accident lawyer can investigate your accident, evaluate your damages, determine how much compensation you are due, and negotiate with the liable party’s insurer for a favorable settlement. We can talk to you about your accident today during a free consultation.
How Our Duson Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
If you hire our Duson bicycle accident lawyer to represent you, you will be protecting your rights and ensuring a legal professional looks out for your interests as you seek recovery. It’s especially hard to manage an injury case while you are healing from an accident. We can take care of that for you.
We work on contingency, so if you hire us to represent you, we can start working on your case without any upfront fees, costs, or retainers. We will diligently seek a fair agreement with the other party so that you can get the awards you need to cover your accident-related expenses. Tasks our Duson injury attorney handles include:
- Investigating your accident and gathering documents and evidence to build your case
- Managing written communications, phone calls, and emails from all parties
- Talking to people who saw your Duson bicycle accident and documenting their statements
- Assessing all your damages to determine how much compensation you should request
- Negotiating a fair settlement with insurance companies
- Representing you at trial if the opposing party does not settle outside of court
Many times, you can resolve the issues of a bicycle accident case without going to a trial. Our Duson bicycle accident lawyer will assess your situation and let you know how to proceed. This allows you time to recover without worrying over details concerning the case.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Duson, call (337) 777-7777
What Damages Can I Recover in a Louisiana Bicycle Accident?
You can collect for the injuries and damages that occur due to a bicycle accident. Each person’s injuries will differ, which means their cases’ damages will vary, too. However, one thing in common about the damages is you will have both economic and non-economic ones.
A Duson bicycle accident lawyer with our firm will review your case to determine what type of damages you can file a claim for. Some of these damages may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Reduced income in the future
- Disability, scarring, and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Wrongful death (compensation for the deceased’s medical bills, lost income, funeral and burial expenses)
Duson Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Louisiana’s Statute of Limitations in Bicycle Accident Cases
In addition to having the law on your side for filing a claim in a bicycle accident, you still must follow Louisiana’s statute of limitations. Per CC Art. 3492, you have one year from the bicycle accident’s date to sue the liable party for your injuries. The one-year deadline also applies to wrongful death lawsuits, per CC Art. 2315.2.
You can contact us now to explore your options and get started with filing an insurance claim or lawsuit.
What Is Louisiana’s Personal Injury Law?
The law is on your side. CC Art. 2323 states that any type of action that results in damages, injury, suffering, loss, or death can be compensated by the person who caused those injuries. Our lawyer will help you hold the liable party accountable for your accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Do Bicycle Accidents Happen?
A bicycle accident can occur for many reasons. Sometimes, the vehicle is at fault, and other times the bicyclist may play a part in the accident. Whatever the cause of the accident is, it leads to many injuries. Common reasons why bicycle accidents occur include:
- A vehicle does not yield to the other driver: When one vehicle fails to yield the right-of-way to a bike rider, the person riding the bike can suffer serious injuries. Both parties must observe the right-of-way to avoid this scenario.
- Distracted driving: Distraction while driving is a big problem these days. People may get distracted easily, particularly with smartphones.
- Bad weather: When bad weather strikes, it can make seeing other road users challenging. If it’s raining or sleeting, it will be especially hard for bicyclists to navigate the road. However, motor vehicles can do more damage if they hit a bicyclist.
- Low visibility: Bicyclists are already hard to see due to their size. So, when the sun goes down, and it gets dark outside, bicyclists are at higher risk of getting hit. Drivers must take greater precautions.
- Impaired driving: Driving impaired is a dangerous thing to do, and it’s illegal. Drivers must be aware of what they are doing while driving. If a substance impairs driving, it is negligent to drive under its influence.
- Driving too fast: When someone drives too fast, they put others at risk. Speed would create a greater impact if an accident were to occur. More damage and injuries result if speeding is a factor in the accident.
Common Bicycle Injuries
You may be subject to a range of injuries when getting into a bicycle accident with a motor vehicle. Common injuries that we see in bicycle accident cases are:
- Head or brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Neck displacement
- Facial or dental injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Cuts and bruises
We will review your physical injuries and determine how much you can request for your medical and rehabilitation costs from the liable party.
Our Duson Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You Recover Compensation
A Duson bicycle accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will step in and take over the case while you focus on recovery and healing. You won’t have to worry as our lawyer manages your case and seeks fair compensation for you. Call us today for a free case consultation.