If you’ve recently been struck by a motorcyclist or motorist while walking on Cade’s streets, you can seek financial compensation for all your damages. A Cade pedestrian accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help navigate the entire legal process.
How a Cade Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help
Whether crossing the road or walking down the street, you’re entitled to right-of-way privileges as a pedestrian. However, regardless of how vigilant you are on the road, a negligent driver can still hit you with their vehicle. Since you don’t have the same structural protection as passengers inside a car, even a pedestrian accident involving a compact passenger vehicle can result in life-changing injuries.
Following a pedestrian accident, you may think you’ll have an easy win against the negligent motorist. After all, motorists should be careful on the road and keep other road users safe. Still, an insurance company may devalue or deny your claim.
A Cade pedestrian accident attorney can do the following to help your case:
- Work closely with accident reconstruction experts to determine the accident’s cause and who’s at fault
- Contact and interview eyewitnesses present at the accident scene
- Gather enough evidence to corroborate your claim
- Review the police reports and medical records to determine the extent of your injuries
- Evaluate all damages you’ve incurred following the pedestrian accident and choose a suitable settlement figure
- Send out a demand letter to the insurance company requesting compensation for the injuries and damages you’ve incurred
- Ensure that your accident claim is filed on time and without any errors
- Handle all communications with the insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company on your behalf
- Represent you in court if a reasonable settlement isn’t reached
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Cade, call (337) 777-7777
Negligence May Play a Role in Pedestrian Accidents
Modern vehicles are safer than ever, but this doesn’t eliminate the risk of pedestrian accidents, even higher in places with no walkable roadways.
Here are some ways negligence can factor into pedestrian accidents:
- Impaired driving or motorcycling
- Failure to yield the right-of-way for pedestrians
- Distracted driving
- Turning at intersections without looking both ways
- Design defects at crosswalks
- Making unexpected turns
- Driver fatigue
- Running red lights
- Lack of roadway lighting
- Missing traffic lights
Cade Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Steps To Take Following a Pedestrian Accident in Cade
After a pedestrian accident, we recommend following the steps below to stay safe, protect your legal rights, and preserve your accident claim:
- Move to safety: After an accident, move to a safe location if you’re physically capable. If you’re physically incapable of dragging yourself to safety, you should ask for help from other road users. Remaining on the same spot you’ve been hit can easily expose you to further accidents, especially if you’re in the middle of traffic.
- Call 911: If you’ve been injured, contact the police and request an ambulance as soon as possible. If you cannot call the police yourself, ask someone else present at the scene to do it. After contacting the police, you should remain at the scene until the police arrive. You should only leave the accident scene after giving your statement to the police and getting a copy of the police report.
- Seek medical care: You should seek medical care immediately after a pedestrian accident, even if you’re uncertain whether your injuries are severe. If you don’t see a health provider right away, the defendant’s team may argue that your injuries were not serious when you decide to take legal action.
- Document the accident scene: If you can safely move around, ensure that you take pictures of the accident scene, including any traffic signs nearby, the damage inflicted on the vehicle, the vehicle’s license plate, and your injuries. These pictures will serve as evidence when you decide to file a claim against the liable parties.
- Exchange contact information: Before leaving the accident scene, ensure that you exchange information with all the involved parties. Note their names, phone numbers, insurance information, and driver’s license numbers.
- Consider working with a lawyer: Following a pedestrian accident, consider reaching out to a Cade pedestrian accident lawyer so that they can explain your legal options and file a claim on your behalf.
Pedestrian Accidents Can Result in Severe Injuries
Pedestrian accidents usually result in devastating and one-sided injuries for pedestrians, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Muscle or tendon sprains
- Back and neck injuries
- Dislocated joints
- Knee and leg injuries
- Ligament sprains
- Psychological trauma
- Lacerations and bruises
- Eye injuries and loss of vision
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Potential Compensation for a Pedestrian Accident Case
A Cade pedestrian accident lawyer will help you put together a strong case against the defendant and pursue maximum compensation for the following damages:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages, benefits, and bonuses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses following the accident
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial expenses if a loved one dies in the accident
Statute of Limitations for Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits in Cade
Under CC Art. 3492, you generally have one year from the day of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against the liable parties. Generally, you also have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible parties if you lose a loved one in a pedestrian accident. The time limit for wrongful death lawsuits begins after the victim’s demise.
Our Cade Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Can Provide Legal Help
If you’re a pedestrian accident victim, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries and other damages. Our Cade pedestrian accident lawyers can fight for fair compensation.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we’re ready to start working on your claim on a contingency basis, meaning you’ll not incur any upfront fees and costs. Contact us today for a free case review.