You could face a long recovery if you are in pain from serious injuries after a bicycle accident in Cade. This is especially true if a vehicle, such as a car or truck, struck you while you were riding your bicycle. You can hold the party who caused your accident and injuries accountable. You may be able to collect compensation for your damages from them and make them pay.
A Cade bicycle accident lawyer with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will walk you through the legalities of filing an injury suit and collecting damages for injuries. You can learn more about your prospects of obtaining compensation during a free consultation with our team. We have recovered more than $200 million for our clients, and we would like to help you seek the financial recovery you deserve.
What Damages Are Recoverable in a Cade Bicycle Accident?
The damages resulting from a bicycle accident will have economic (financial) and non-economic (non-financial) consequences. Some of the economic damages you can try to claim damages for include:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation, medication expenses
- Ambulance transportation
- Loss of income, tips, bonuses, benefits
- Lost earning capacity
- Disability payments, if applicable
The non-economic damages you may be able to claim include:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Counseling, therapy)
- Wrongful death (compensation for the deceased’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, etc.)
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Cade, call (337) 777-7777
How Our Lawyer Will Assist with a Cade Bicycle Accident Case
Hiring a Catahoula bicycle accident lawyer will make the entire process of recovering the damages easier. You won’t have to worry about the paperwork and other miscellaneous tasks that come with filing such a claim. Some of the tasks our attorney will manage for you include:
- Manage communications with other insurers and third parties
- Gather relevant documents, such as police reports and medical records
- Talk to anyone who witnessed the accident if needed
- Calculate the amount of damages
- Negotiate with the other party’s insurer
- Take the case to trial if we cannot settle with the liable party
Our Cade bicycle accident lawyer may be able to resolve the matter without going to court. You won’t need to appear in a trial if we can negotiate a fair settlement. The attorney will aim to make that happen.
Cade Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Long Do I Have to Take Action?
You have a limited time to act after a bicycle accident. Per CC Art. 3492, you must file a lawsuit one year after the accident. You also have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit, per CC Art. 2315.2. The court can deny your lawsuit if you do not file within that time.
If you cannot file a lawsuit, you lose your leverage. The insurance company doesn’t need to negotiate with you and may pay you much less than you deserve.
If you call us early enough, we can put plans in place to make sure we file in time.
Can I Afford a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Cade, LA?
Yes, you can afford a lawyer. Our team offers a free consultation to learn more about how we can help and our pay agreements. We accept cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay us nothing up front. We do not accept retainers, fees, or costs. You only pay us if and when we recover compensation for you.
Our payment comes out of the settlement or award you receive. You face no financial risk when you enlist our team’s help with your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Injuries We See in Bicycle Accident Cases
Severe injuries may result from a bicycle accident. With the proximity to the ground and lack of surrounding protection, you are prone to getting seriously hurt. Even a minor incident can have bad results. Common injuries you may get from a bicycle accident include:
- Head concussion
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck displacement
- Facial and dental injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, burns, and lacerations
Many of these injuries come with high medical costs or lead to long-term disability. Our team can help you regardless of the injuries you suffered.
How Another Person’s Negligence May Have Injured You
A bicycle collision is a serious accident when it involves another vehicle. It can result in numerous injuries and damages. The result may be life-altering or disfiguring.
Motor vehicle accidents involving bicycles can occur for a variety of reasons. Some of these may include:
- Bad weather: Bad weather conditions can result in difficulties for everyone. Some people don’t ride their bikes when the weather is less than fair, but other times, you may get caught in unexpected bad weather. If this occurs, drivers must take extra precautions so they don’t slip and hit a bicycle, causing an accident.
- Driving too fast: Any time someone indulges in speeding, it can be a set-up for dangerous consequences. An accident when speeding is involved will have more damage in most cases.
- Low visibility: Bicyclists are harder to see because of their size compared to motor vehicles. That’s why drivers must look out for bicyclists as they travel.
- Not yielding the right-of-way: It’s important to always be mindful of the traffic laws, yielding to the other vehicle when needed. If this doesn’t occur, an accident can happen.
- Inattentive driving: Distracted driving is a big issue since cell phones are popular. Any type of driving while not paying attention is likely dangerous. It only takes a second for traffic conditions to change.
- Impaired driving: Impaired driving consists of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including certain prescription drugs. These substances can impair a person’s judgment while driving, making them a danger to others.
Our team will investigate your accident to determine how a negligent driver hurt you.
Call Us Today for Help From a Cade Bicycle Accident Lawyer
There’s no need to wait for legal counsel after an accident. Contact a Cade bicycle accident lawyer at the Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. We can assess your accident and advise you on your legal options and possible compensation so that you know what to expect. We can start on your case without any payment from you. We work with you on a contingency basis, which allows us to start working for you as soon as we can. Call today.