If you are hurt in a car accident in Alexandria, you may have experienced some kind of neck injury. From cervical damage to whiplash, a neck injury can leave you with chronic pain, limited range of motion, and an inability to go about your day-to-day business.
Some neck injuries can be treated and healed over time, but others leave the victim with a lifetime of pain and disabilities. Regardless of how severe your neck injury may be, you should not have to deal with the problem all by yourself. If someone else caused the accident that led to your neck injury, you may be able to recover the cost of your damages.
This sounds straightforward, but the civil justice system can be overwhelming and complicated. If you are also severely injured and having trouble handling your regular daily responsibilities, then pursuing legal action can seem nearly impossible.
Fortunately, you can work with an Alexandria neck injury lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to pursue the financial recovery that you deserve. For a free consultation, call (318) 777-7777.
Available Damages in a Neck Injury Accident
Regardless of whether you suffered a motor vehicle accident or a premises liability accident, there are a few different types of damages that you may be able to claim, including:
- Emergency transport
- Physical therapy
- Medical devices or equipment
- In-home care support
- Missed paychecks
- Reduced earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
An Alexandria neck injury lawyer with our firm can work with you to review your case and figure out what your damages are worth. We can give you peace of mind that you are taking appropriate measures.
For a free legal consultation with a neck injury lawyer serving Alexandria, call (318) 333-3476
Establishing Your Right to Compensation
If you decide to pursue compensation, you will need to prove that another party acted negligently.
This involves proving:
- Duty of care – First, you must show that the other driver owed you a duty to drive with reasonable care and skill at the time the accident happened. This means following traffic laws and using good judgment while behind the wheel.
- Breach of duty of care – Next, you must show that the other party did not drive according to this obligation. Examples of this include distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, and tailgating. A police report is a good way to identify the other driver’s carelessness at the time of the crash.
- Causation – It is also important to show that the other driver caused your injuries. Showing that they were careless is not enough. You must establish that there is a connection between their breach of the duty of care and your neck injury.
- Damages – The last step is to provide information to show the different expenses and damages that you have experienced as a result of the accident. They must be financial in nature; you cannot only pursue non-economic damages, like pain and suffering, in your case.
Your neck injury may have also happened as the result of a premises liability accident. This is any type of accident where you are hurt because someone did not keep their property safe.
To learn more about how a lawyer on our team can help you with your case, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (318) 777-7777 now.
Alexandria Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me (318) 333-3476
Working with a Lawyer from Our Firm
If you are new to the civil justice system, working with a lawyer from our firm can help ensure that you follow all the rules and that you pursue your case correctly. You only have one year to bring a personal injury lawsuit in Louisiana, according to CC Art. 3492.
There are many different ways that your Alexandria neck injury lawyer will support you during this time:
- Answering your questions about your rights, the civil court system, and what to expect
- Filing documents with the court on time
- Corresponding with other parties in the case
- Reviewing insurance policies
- Holding insurance companies accountable
- Gathering evidence to show that the other party was careless
- Finding and retaining the right experts to consult on your case
- Preparing you for any depositions or required court appearances
- Negotiating a settlement
- Preparing for trial if necessary
Neck Injury Accidents
Regardless of how your neck injury happened, you may still have a right to compensation from the liable party. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers handles a variety of cases that can lead to neck injuries. Here are a few examples:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
It is important to understand these different accident types because they will dictate what you need to prove in your case in order to be awarded compensation. A lawyer with our firm can help you figure out what type of injury accident you suffered and how that impacts your right to compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Free Consultation Is Waiting
A neck injury can be debilitating and even life-altering if it is severe. You should not be required to deal with the financial toll that this injury has taken on your life.
For a free consultation and to learn more about your right to pursue compensation, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers now at (318) 777-7777. There is no obligation to proceed, so you have absolutely nothing to lose.