Big rig, semi-truck, 18-wheeler—no matter what you call them, large tractor-trailer trucks can cause serious damage during an accident, especially in a collision with a smaller vehicle.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries because of a negligent truck driver or another party, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you seek justice. Our Mandeville, LA, big rig accident lawyers can pursue compensation for your truck accident injuries and financial losses.
Our Big Rig Accident Attorneys Can Stand Up for You and Your Family
If you suffered a severe injury or lost a loved one in a fatal big rig accident, our Mandeville personal injury lawyers can fight to ensure your family is not left with expensive medical bills and other damages. We will pursue the compensation you deserve from the parties liable for your crash. Our attorneys may:
- Identify your damages. We can review your bills, receipts, invoices, and more to determine your economic damages, while we pursue monetary awards for your pain and suffering.
- Collect evidence. We can send a spoliation letter to the trucking company and other involved parties demanding they preserve evidence. We may also obtain medical records, police reports, and physical data to support your claims. Additionally, we can hire subject matter experts to testify on your behalf.
- Establish liability. We can identify all those liable for your accident and prove they owe you compensation.
- Communicate with involved parties. Having representation can save you the headache of dealing with phone calls, meetings, and emails and protect you from unintentionally making a statement that could harm your case. Let us communicate with insurance adjusters and opposing lawyers on your behalf.
- Manage paperwork and deadlines. We can prepare and file your insurance claims and track and meet case deadlines. If necessary, we will not back down from taking your case to civil court.
We Have Recovered Millions for Our Clients
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has won over $600 million in successful settlements and verdicts for personal injury clients across Louisiana, including a $2.7 million 18-wheeler accident settlement. Additionally, our award-winning lawyers have earned spots on the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and the Trucking Trial Lawyers Top 10.
You do not have to navigate complex insurance claims or legal issues alone. Let us put more than 250 years of personal injury experience to work for you.
We Can Get Started on Your Case Right Away
Generally, Louisiana’s statutes of limitations allow only one year from the time of your accident or your loved one’s passing to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, according to CC Art. 3492 and CC Art. 2315.2, respectively.
Failing to pursue your case before time expires may leave you with no options for recovering damages. As soon as you reach out, our Mandeville big rig accident lawyers can get started on your case. Also, because we do not want costs to be an obstacle, we offer our services on contingency, meaning you pay us nothing unless and until we obtain compensation for you.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Mandeville, call (337) 777-7777
Our Big Rig Accident Attorneys in Mandeville, LA, Can Seek Your Damages
Those who caused your accident should pay for your damages. Our Mandeville big rig accident attorneys are not afraid to take on trucking companies or other large, wealthy, or powerful defendants to get the awards you deserve. We can pursue every cent owed to you, which may include compensation for:
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency department treatment
- Hospital and doctor fees
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Prescription drugs
- Medical equipment
- In-home health services
- Lost income, earnings, and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Vehicle damages
- Household services
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses resulting from your accident and injuries
Our lawyers can also help you pursue compensation for your physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering. You may qualify for monetary awards for:
- Permanent and disabling injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress
- Loss of quality of life
Louisiana Wrongful Death Damages
According to the Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation, there were 90 fatal accidents involving big rigs in Louisiana in 2021. If your loved one died because of a crash injury, we can pursue wrongful death compensation on behalf of qualifying survivors. Awards may include the following:
- Burial and funeral costs
- Medical bills
- The deceased’s lost income and future lost earnings
- The value of the deceased’s lost household services
- Loss of the deceased’s emotional support, counsel, and companionship
Mandeville Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Big Rig Accident Lawyers in Mandeville, LA, Can Prove Liability
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), a fully loaded big rig can weigh up to 20 to 30 times as much as a passenger vehicle. The force of a crash involving such a large, heavy truck can result in devastating injuries to those in the smaller car.
Because of a large truck’s potential to cause serious harm, big rig drivers are held to a higher standard than passenger vehicle operators. Commercial vehicle drivers must follow state traffic laws, federal transportation laws, and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
Additionally, trucking companies, shipping companies, roadway owners, maintenance companies, and others may bear liability for your accident, depending on its cause. Issues that can cause/contribute to big rig accidents include the following:
- Drinking and driving
- Truck driver inattention
- Truck driver inexperience
- Driving drowsy/failing to adhere to FMCSA drive time limits/mandated rest periods
- Failure to complete required big rig inspections
- Failure to maintain trucks/trailers
- Failure to properly secure cargo
- Failure to label/properly handle hazardous cargo (such as gasoline or chemicals)
- Overloaded cargo
- Defective big rig parts, including tires, brakes, and trailer hitches
- Lack of vehicle safety features, such as underride guards
- Negligent road conditions
Whatever the cause of your crash, our team can discover who is liable and build a solid case proving negligence. We will not rest until we secure the awards you need.
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for Help With Your Big Rig Crash Case
Our team can get to work on your case today. Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation and learn more about how our Mandeville big rig accident lawyers can serve you.