Yes, you can sue the federal government for personal injury in many of the same ways you would seek compensation from any individual or entity who is responsible for an accident. You will be required to prove the negligence that led to your accident, resulting injuries, and connection to the federal government. This is where we come in.
Our personal injury lawyers can help you prove the cause of your injuries and their current and future costs. Pain and suffering, medical care, lost wages, and property damage are some of the expenses we help you recover. We also work hard to identify, complete, and submit the required forms, make any required notifications, and file your personal injury lawsuit within the allotted time.
What Types of Personal Injury Accidents Can Involve the Federal Government?
Sometimes after an accident, it can be difficult to know where to assign liability. Some personal injury cases that might cause you to sue a government entity include:
- Being injured in a national park
- Being injured in a government building
- Being injured by a government vehicle
- Being injured by a federal employee
How and where your injury occurred plays an important part in determining who to pursue for compensation. After listening to you tell us how your injury occurred, we take careful note of the time, place, location, and circumstances of your personal injuries. These details help us determine where to assign liability and seek compensation.
The Federal Tort Claims Act May Apply to Your Case
Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) regulations may apply to your personal injury case against a government entity. FTCA guidelines require us to prove the following on your behalf:
- You were injured by a federal employee
- Your property was damaged by the same
- The at-fault employee was on duty at the time
- The at-fault employee’s negligence caused your injuries
As the plaintiff or claimant, we also help you submit the required forms and documents. In addition, we carefully track your injuries and their related expenses.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
What Types of Financial Damages Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
When you request compensation from the federal government, you can seek recovery of the same economic and non-economic damages you would from a private party. Your economic damages can include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or total loss
In addition, your non-economic recoverable damages can include lasting physical disabilities or disfigurement, mental and emotional anguish, and ongoing pain and suffering.
Louisiana Law Limits Your Time to File a Lawsuit Against the Federal Government
When you are injured in Louisiana, CC Art. 3492 generally gives you only one year to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, FTCA regulations generally give you up to two years to file your lawsuit. Therefore, with sufficient notice from you, we will help you comply with the relevant statute of limitations and ensure your case is filed on time.
Our team’s familiarity with state, local, and federal law means we can handle even the most complex personal injury cases. When we prepare your case against the federal government, we:
- Handle all legal forms and filings
- Build a comprehensive evidence case
- Assign a favorable value to your case
We also handle negotiations for you. We make sure you have the final say on accepting or rejecting each offer. Our role is to negotiate for you and ensure you have the tools and information you need to make a well-informed decision.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm Is on Your Side
Are you wondering what it means to have our team on your side? Injured clients we helped in the past say the following:
- “I really needed someone to guide me through the process, and Caina was there every step of the way. She offered me clear and objective options that allowed me to make the best decisions for our family moving forward…Thank you so much, Caina, for everything!” – Neka Beckwith
- “It’s never a fun journey after an accident, dealing with doctors, insurance companies, and claims, but Laborde and Earl law firm really took good care of my mom during her journey…They sat down and explained everything… I will definitely…use y’all again if I’m in need. Thanks again!!!” – Tina Marcotte
- “I can’t say enough about my experience with Laborde Earles. Caina Green is passionate about what she does and is the best in the business. She is an amazing attorney and an even better person. She genuinely cares about what she does, and it shows.” – Lesley Turner
We appreciate recommendations like these because our legal team never stops fighting for or supporting our injured clients.
Learn More About Suing the Federal Government for Personal Injuries Today
Find out how you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the federal government, get the compensation you deserve and get your life back on track. Complete the simple form on our contact page or call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337)777-7777 today.