There is no way to determine the average settlement for a herniated disc suffered in a car accident. Disc injuries vary in severity and symptoms. Each accident occurs under completely unique circumstances.
No single settlement affects the value of another. For this reason, average settlement figures are of little consequence.
How We will Value Your Settlement for a Herniated Disc
To determine the cost of your herniated disc, we will:
- Itemize each of your losses
- Determine the cost of each loss
- Total your losses
Our team will determine the share of fault for your accident. If other parties are completely liable, they should pay for all your losses.
We will also handle every other case-related responsibility. This includes:
- Determining liability
- Creating your written claim or lawsuit
- Handling case-related communications
- Completing your case through a settlement or judgment
Your recovery should be your only concern.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
Losses We can Help You Seek Compensation For
We are not concerned with average settlement figures for a herniated disc. Instead, we want to know what your specific losses are and whether we can obtain coverage for them. The following losses may entitle you to compensation.
Pain, Suffering, and Emotional Anguish
The Mayo Clinic explains that a herniated disc can cause painful nerve damage, numbness, and weakness. These symptoms may:
- Prevent you from engaging in health-promoting activities
- Cause emotional and psychological distress
- Lead to conditions like depression
Lack of exercise and general normalcy can cause great harm. We generally refer to this harm as “pain and suffering,” and we seek compensation to account for this harm.
Per Healthline, you may need X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, or discograms to diagnose your injury. This will cost money, as will treatment for your injury.
We will seek coverage of your medical expenses. You may deserve compensation for:
- The cost of your medical care
- The cost of transportation to medical appointments
- Medical-adjacent costs, like in-home equipment
Our team will fight for coverage of:
- Income you have already lost
- Income you may lose in the future
- Permanent loss of income if your injury is disabling
- Lost productivity
- Other work-related damages
A herniated disc can prevent you from earning a living. Any settlement that we negotiate for you will include coverage of lost income.
If your accident caused an injury, it may have also caused significant damage to your vehicle. We can seek compensation for:
- Repair of your vehicle
- Replacement of your vehicle
- Temporary transportation
- Damage of property inside of or fastened to your vehicle
If you or a loved one experienced any other losses, we will include those in your case for recovery.
We’ll do all We can to Fight for a Fair Settlement For You
Though a settlement is not the only possible outcome for your case, it is our first choice. As the American Bar Association (ABA) notes, there are several reasons to seek a settlement.
By securing a settlement, you:
- May obtain compensation more quickly than with other avenues
- Do not have to go to court
- Do not have to wait for a trial to end
We will negotiate for the settlement that you deserve. If we cannot secure such compensation through a settlement, we will take your case to trial.
Consider our Record of Winning
Our track record of results is one reason to hire our firm. Our settlements and verdicts include winnings of:
- $23 million
- $17 million
- $10.4 million
- $7 million
We have secured substantial coverage for clients through both trials and settlement negotiations. We will pursue coverage for your accident-related losses.
You do not Pay Us Unless We Win
Our firm only receives a fee if we obtain compensation for you. We handle your entire case without any upfront payment.
You do not have to pay us specifically for:
- Investigating your case
- Completing paperwork
- Hiring experts
- The time and effort that we spend on your case
Instead, you agree to pay us a portion of your winnings. If we do not win your case, then you owe us nothing.
Why You should call Our Team as soon as possible
Louisiana has a shorter window for seeking compensation than many other states. According to CC §3492, you generally have one year from the date of your injury to bring a personal injury lawsuit.
You should call our team whether:
- You know that it has been less than a year since your accident
- You are uncertain of how long it has been since your accident
- You know it has been more than a year since your accident
There are exceptions to statutes of limitations. You could be eligible for compensation even if it has been more than a year since your accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Our firm can be on your side as you recover from a herniated disc. We will handle all of your legal needs, seeking the outcome that you deserve. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today to complete a free consultation.