Serving All of Louisiana
If you or a loved one received a letter regarding a recall involving your Exactech Hip or Knee Implant, you may be entitled to compensation. The experienced defective medical device attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers provide strong legal advocacy for Louisiana residents who have had or are planning to have corrective revision surgery due to their Exactech knee or hip implants wearing out prematurely.
Why Have Exactech Knee and Hip Implants Been Recalled?
Exactech has recalled certain lines of knee and hip implants due to oxidation issues. If implant components become overly oxidized, it can wear out knee and hip implants earlier than expected.
Exactech has observed premature wear of the components in these implants in a small percentage of patients. In their February 2022 recall of knee and ankle replacement devices, Exactech found that 80% of knee replacement devices manufactured since 2004 were packaged in defective bags, leading to oxidation over time.
The early oxidation can result in the risk of:
- Pain in the knee or hip that is new or worsening
- Premature deterioration and usage damage to the implant
- Fracture of the components in the implant
- Additional loss of bone density and mass
- Failure of the device
- Swelling in the knee or hip
- Need for another corrective surgery due to the above complications
This oxidation can lead to the need for revision surgery within 5-7 years to replace the damaged artificial hip and knee components. Doctors determine if components are worn by examining patients and taking x-rays. If damage is found, treatment such as a corrective revision knee and hip replacement surgery may be necessary.
Symptoms of a Failing Exactech Hip and Knee Joint Implants
Common symptoms of a worn out Exactech hip replacement include:
- Hip, groin, buttock, thigh or knee pain
- Inability to hold weight
- Clicking, squeaking, popping, grinding, clicking, or other noises in the hip or knee
- Instability, giving way
- Swelling around the hip or knee joint
- Additional bone loss
- Problems moving around
It’s important to note that some patients may show premature wear without symptoms. If you are experiencing the new onset or worsening of any knee or hip symptoms, you should see a doctor right away. Blood work and imaging tests can confirm a failing knee or hip joint implant that requires corrective surgery.
Who Qualifies for an Exactech Hip or Knee Implant Lawsuit?
You may qualify to pursue financial compensation if you:
- Had an Exactech hip or knee joint implant
- Other product names include Novation, Acumatch, MCS, Connexion GXL
- Have knowledge of the recall, failure or defective device
- Underwent or are planning to have revision surgery
Our defective device attorneys will thoroughly investigate your legal options at no upfront cost and will let you know if we can help you with your case. Call us for free today to find out if you are eligible to file a lawsuit.
Should I Get a Follow-Up Appointment?
Exactech is advising patients who received the recalled hip or knee joint implants to schedule a follow-up appointment. Your orthopedic surgeon will examine the device, order x-rays, and determine if revision surgery is required.
Will Exactech Be Reimbursing Me As Part of This Recall?
While Exactech has hired a third-party settlement company called Broadspire, they may not be reimbursing patients the full amount that they deserve. They may contact you about covering out-of-pocket medical costs. We advise patients not to sign for or agree to any type of compensation from Exactech or their third party company, Broadspire, as you may sign away your rights to receive additional compensation.
Contact our office before signing any documents related to compensation. Speaking to our legal team is free. We can help make sure you get the compensation you deserve to cover past, present and future medical costs related to your defective Exactech hip or knee implant, along with pain and suffering. We are looking out for YOUR best interests.
Will I Need Corrective Revision Surgery?
Patients with a recalled Exactech knee or hip implant may eventually need a revision surgery to replace the failed components. This is a complicated procedure that can involve:
- Extracting the original device
- Removing bone cement
- Resurfacing damaged bone and tissue
- Implanting a new artificial hip or knee
Gathering Evidence for an Exactech Hip or Knee Implant Lawsuit
Our defective product attorneys will collect evidence to prove your case, such as:
- Medical records related to your Exactech knee or hip surgery and subsequent revision
- X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and blood tests
- Statements from your doctors
- Proof of financial damages
- Exactech internal documents and reports
Strong evidence is crucial when holding a major manufacturer accountable.
What Can I Be Compensated For in an Exactech Hip or Knee Settlement?
With our attorneys representing you, we will fight for you to be compensated for:
- Any past, present or future medical costs related to the defective knee or hip implant, including the original surgery and revision surgery
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
We will fight to get you the maximum financial recovery possible. Our legal team will handle all aspects of your lawsuit so that you can focus on your health and recovery.
To discuss your legal options in a free consultation, contact the Exactech knee or hip implant attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today. Our consultations are always free and you will never pay a dime unless we win your case.
How to Choose a Lawyer for a Hip Implant Lawsuit
Look for a law firm that meets the following criteria when choosing representation:
- Strong reviews from previous clients
- A track record of winning verdicts and settlements, specifically with product liability cases like these
- Sufficient resources to take on major manufacturers
- A commitment to personalized attention for each client
- No legal fees unless they win your case
The personal injury lawyers at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers have achieved over $600 million in compensation for clients across Louisiana, including $15 million and $14 million jury verdicts for product liability cases.
We are Louisiana born, bred and proud and have the network, resources and expertise to help you get the compensation you deserve and connect you with medical professionals that will help you heal faster.
But don’t take our word for it. We have over 600 5-star reviews from Louisianans across the country and pride ourselves on our communication with clients. We recently received Hennessey Digital’s 2023 Fastest-Responding Law Firm Award thanks to our timely communication with clients.
Contact us today for a free consultation. There’s no upfront cost for our services – you don’t pay unless we win for you.