As a hub of American industry, Louisiana has its fair share of chemical plants. Unfortunately, these plants are (all too often) the sites of harmful accidents that cause injuries to workers and bystanders. If you suffered an injury or lost a loved one in a chemical plant accident, a Lafayette personal injury lawyer from our firm will fight for your financial recovery.
You deserve to focus on your healing after an accident, whether you have been injured or have lost a loved one. By hiring a chemical plant accident lawyer from our team, you have more time to focus on healing. We will take your case off your hands, and we will not stop until we’ve resolved your insurance claim or lawsuit.
History Shows That Louisiana Chemical Plant Workers Are Often in Grave Danger
While we want every worker in Louisiana to be safe, history tells us they are not. The Associated Press documents an explosion at a Lake Charles, LA, chemical plant that injured five workers. This was not the first chemical plant incident in the state, nor will it be the last.
The state’s history of chemical plant accidents includes:
- A fatal explosion at a Geismar, LA, chemical plant that led to a fire and dozens of injuries, per CBS News
- An explosion at a Calcasieu Parish, LA, chemical plant that injured six victims, per CBS 10
- An explosion at a chemical plant in Plaquemine, LA, that did not cause injuries (per Fox News) but speaks to the unsafe conditions and dangers that chemical workers (and plant visitors) face daily
This is a very brief history of chemical plant accidents in Louisiana. Each accident has a different cause, although negligence is the common thread.
Our firm works for a safer Louisiana to help prevent potential hazards and loss of life. When a worker or visitor suffers severe injuries or fatal injuries during a chemical plant accident, we work to hold liable parties accountable in industrial disasters.
Prominent Chemical Plants in Louisiana
Many chemical plants operate throughout Louisiana, including plants managed by:
- Exxon Mobil Refining & Supply
- Dow Chemical
- Shell Chemicals
- Westlake Chemical
- Sasol Chemicals
Regardless of which plant you or your loved one worked in when injured, our team is likely familiar with that plant. We will investigate the specific industrial accident that caused your injury.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) explains that a chemical accident can happen at any time, but a chemical plant’s startup phase is particularly dangerous. Owners, operators, and contractors must take every possible precaution to avoid chemical plant accidents and injuries.
We will identify those who caused or allowed your injuries. Those parties should pay you fairly for your economic and non-economic damages, and we will work to ensure they do.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
Can I Seek Compensation for Injuries a Chemical Plant Explosion Causes?
Yes, you can seek financial compensation for injuries caused by a chemical plant explosion. Those injuries may include:
- Cuts and other wounds
- Internal injuries
- Eye injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Virtually any injury can result from a chemical hazard in a plant accident, depending on the accident. Our firm’s lawyer will consult your doctors, determine your care needs, and calculate the cost of your injuries.
What Types of Damages Entitle Me to Compensation?
You deserve fair compensation for every harm resulting from a chemical plant accident, including:
- Healthcare costs: We will seek compensation for emergency care, doctor’s visits, surgeries, and other medical treatment services resulting from a chemical accident.
- Pain and suffering: Our lawyers will consider any physical pain, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), sleep disturbances, and other forms of pain and suffering. Mental health professionals will help us calculate the cost of these damages.
- Treatment for pain and suffering: If you take medication, receive therapy, or undergo other treatment for pain and suffering, we will include your treatment costs in your lawsuit or insurance claim.
- Professional harm: You deserve fair compensation for lost income, missed bonuses, lost earning power, and other professional losses from a chemical plant accident. We will include these kinds of damages in your case.
Wrongful Death Damages
Our Louisiana wrongful death attorneys represent those affected by fatal chemical plant accidents. You may deserve compensation for:
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses
- Burial costs
- Lost financial support, grief (and other pain and suffering)
- Other related damages caused by the wrongful death
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Chemical Plant Accident in Louisiana?
You should consider the reasons to hire a personal injury lawyer after a chemical plant accident, which include:
- The financial support a law firm provides, as we will cover your case’s cost.
- The experience a lawyer offers, as there is no substitute for the experience of completing chemical plant accident cases.
- Your health, as you may have more time to focus on it when you hire a lawyer from our team.
We are fearless in representing chemical plant accident victims. No matter the defendant we seek compensation from, we will demand the compensation you deserve.
What Will a Chemical Plant Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
Our team will handle every step of your case, including:
- Gathering evidence of the negligence that caused the chemical plant accident
- Documenting the damages suffered from the chemical plant accident
- Calculating exactly how much compensation you deserve
- Seeking a favorable settlement for you
- Completing a trial if it is the best course of action for you
- Protecting your rights throughout your injury case
Our firm will lead communications, complete paperwork, and handle every other detail of your case. We will provide regular case updates and walk you through any action we take on your behalf.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
We may face a statute of limitations deadline for filing your personal injury lawsuit, so do not wait to speak with our team. Your consultation is free, and it comes with no obligation to hire our firm. We will review your circumstances, explain the benefits of hiring our firm, and explain the next steps in seeking your financial recovery.
We know Louisiana, have ample experience with chemical accidents, and are ready to fight for you. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation where you will receive legal counsel and direction for your next steps.