According to a report from the Union of Concerned Scientists, rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft have made billions of trips since they were launched. Whether you need a ride after a night out, you’re traveling, or you want to avoid paying parking fees, rideshare can be the ideal option. Even though rideshare services are regarded as safe and convenient, their drivers still make mistakes like anyone else, causing accidents.
If you’ve been injured in a rideshare accident in Marrero, you could be entitled to compensation. A Marrero rideshare accident lawyer could help you navigate the legal process for the best outcome.
How Can a Marrero Rideshare Accident Lawyer Help You?
Rideshare accident claims tend to be more complicated than other auto accident claims. If you’ve recently sustained injuries in a rideshare accident, it’s in your best interest to hire a lawyer who understands rideshare claims.
A Marrero rideshare accident lawyer will do the following to help your claim:
- Gather evidence related to your rideshare accident
- Prove that the rideshare driver was liable for the accident
- Analyze and counter the evidence presented by the defendant’s lawyers
- Analyze the rideshare company’s insurance policies
- Handle all communications with the rideshare service representatives and the insurance company
- Calculate all damages you’ve incurred to come up with a fair settlement amount
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf
- Take your case to court if a fair settlement isn’t reached
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident lawyer serving Marrero, call (337) 777-7777
What to Do Following a Rideshare Accident
If you’ve been involved in a rideshare accident, there are several steps you can follow to protect your legal rights, including:
Seek Medical Attention Immediately
Following an accident, your health should always come first. Even if your injuries are not visible or you don’t feel any discomfort, you should see a doctor right away. Therefore, immediately after the accident, ensure that you contact emergency medical services.
Once the emergency medical providers arrive at the scene, they will examine your injuries and those involved in the accident as well. Seeking prompt medical attention also ensures that your injuries are documented.
If you don’t seek medical attention immediately after the accident, the insurance company, along with our team of lawyers, may argue that your injuries weren’t severe.
Report the Accident
Even though it’s not your obligation to report the accident to the police, you still want to report the accident to the rideshare company. Every rideshare service has a specific procedure for reporting accidents.
Once the police arrive, ensure that you obtain a copy of their report. If you’re not physically capable of contacting the police, you can ask one of the witnesses to do it on your behalf.
Document the Accident Scene
If you have your phone with you, use it to take pictures and videos of the accident scene. Such evidence will be crucial if you decide to file a rideshare accident claim.
Some of the details you should document include:
- Your injuries
- The damages inflicted to the car
- Injuries sustained by other passengers and the driver
- The driver’s insurance details and contact information
- Contact information of any witnesses present
- The vehicle’s license plates
- Any road signs close to the accident scene
Contact a Marrero Rideshare Accident Lawyer
After the accident, ensure that you reach out to a rideshare accident lawyer to help you navigate the entire legal process. A legal team will advise you on whether you have an eligible case and your legal options.
Marrero Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Damages You Can Recover in a Rideshare Accident Claim
If you’ve been injured in an accident, a Marrero rideshare accident lawyer can help you recover both economic and non-economic damages from the liable party.
Economic Damages Includes:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-Economic Damages Includes:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional anguish
- Temporary or permanent disabilities resulting from the injuries
Vehicle and Driver Requirements for a Rideshare Company
To guarantee safety for passengers, rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft have specific requirements for their drivers and the vehicles they drive. Rideshare services require their drivers to meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 25 years or older
- Must provide proof of vehicle insurance
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Pass a safety screening that will verify their criminal history and driving record
- Proof of residence in a particular city or state
- Must have at least a year of licensed driving experience
Their vehicles must meet the following requirements:
- Be a minivan or a four-door vehicle
- The vehicle must have temporary or permanent registration documents
- Must have an insurance policy in place
- The vehicle must pass an inspection
- The vehicle must be a 2011 model or newer
- The vehicle must be in good working condition
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Even though rideshare drivers usually undergo a thorough background check, accidents still happen. The following are the most common causes of rideshare accidents:
- Distracted driving as drivers try to arrange their next pick-up and track their time on duty
- Fatigued and drowsy driving since some drivers work multiple jobs
- Aggressive driving, including speeding, running red lights, weaving through traffic, and tailgating
- Driving under the influence since rideshare drivers don’t undergo frequent drug tests like other commercial drivers on the road
- Unfamiliarity with new routes and cities
- Poor road conditions resulting from bad weather and poor maintenance
- Mechanical failures, such as faulty brakes
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Review
Recovering compensation after a rideshare accident in Marrero can be complicated. As such, seek the help of Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to build a strong case against the liable party and recover the compensation you deserve. Call us today to schedule a free case review.