Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers handle various kinds of personal injury cases in Louisiana, including cases involving truck accidents in Marrero or the surrounding New Orleans metropolitan area.
If you are looking for a Marrero truck accident lawyer to help you fight for compensation for injuries and damages you suffered, our team of attorneys wants to step up to the task and fulfill that role. We will help you:
- Make an argument against the party or parties liable for your injuries
- Calculate your damages so that you know how much your case is worth
- Investigate your accident to discover other useful information
- Keep track of legal deadlines so that your case gets filed on time
Liability Does Not Always Fall Just on the Truck Driver
If you were involved in an accident with a truck driver, you might try to pursue compensation from them to cover expenses related to your injuries. However, you might also be able to fight for compensation from other parties, like the truck driver’s employer.
One benefit of working with a lawyer from our firm is the perspective we can provide to your case. Your case might have multiple liable parties involved, even if the only other person you dealt with at the accident scene was the truck driver.
Consider your accident and ask yourself the following:
- Did the truck driver work for a company? If so, their employer might be liable for damages.
- Did a vehicle malfunction in the truck cause the accident? If so, the maintenance company that last worked on the truck might be liable for the accident. Alternatively, the truck’s manufacturer could be liable if the malfunction occurred because of a design or manufacturing error.
- Did road construction cause the accident? If so, the local government might be involved in your case.
- Did someone else cause the truck accident? If so, you might also have to file a claim or lawsuit against a separate individual.
Our legal team can look into your accident and identify who the liable party or parties might be, then help you take action against them to pursue compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Marrero, call (337) 777-7777
A Marrero Truck Accident Lawyer Can Estimate the Value of Your Case
After we identify the liable party or parties, we can calculate the value of your damages. To do this, we will factor in the financial impact of the truck accident as well as other negative effects that occurred, like how it changed your way of life or physical well-being.
With truck accident cases, the following types of damages may be compensable:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Permanent disability
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of income
Your legal team may request evidence to prove the value of some of your damages, such as:
- Invoices from medical facilities or mechanics
- Proof of salary
Marrero Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
If the Truck Accident Led to Your Loved One’s Death
If you are filing for compensation on behalf of your late loved one, you may be able to receive compensation for damages that you and your family also experienced or inherited, such as:
- Your loved one’s medical expenses
- Costs for funeral services
- Loss of financial support from your loved one
- Loss of emotional support from your loved one
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of consortium
We handle wrongful death cases at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, and we can assign a Marrero truck accident lawyer who handles this area of law to your case. A team member can explain the legal requirements for wrongful death cases.
Our Team Can Investigate Your Truck Accident Case
Aside from identifying the liable parties and calculating how much your truck accident case is worth, our legal team can hold a private investigation to retrieve additional evidence to support your claims.
For every claim you make about how the events unfolded, you will need evidence to support it. Our team is prepared to research your situation and help you get the evidence you need to prove your statements.
Some evidence for your truck accident case might include:
- The crash report
- Black box information from the truck
- The trucking company’s driving logs
- Video footage of the accident from a traffic camera, surveillance video, or another video source
- Accident reconstruction analysis
Part of our investigation may also involve speaking with witnesses to provide testimony about your accident. Witnesses may be people who saw the accident occur or experts who can provide analysis of how the accident might have happened.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Keep Track of the Statute of Limitations for You
Personal injury lawsuits in Louisiana generally have to be filed within one year of the accident, per CC Art. 3492. A different statute, CC Art. 2315.2 gives surviving family members one year from the date of their loved one’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
People who do not meet these legal deadlines and file late risk having a judge dismiss their case. If your case gets dismissed, you may not be able to compel the opposing party, such as the trucking company, to pay for your damages. As our client, we can alert you when the statutory deadline is approaching and take steps to file your case on time.
You Do Not Have To Worry About Attorney’s Fees With Us
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis so that our clients don’t have to worry about paying for our legal services.
Through this fee agreement, we hold off on charging any attorney’s fees until we win compensation for our clients—and even then, our fee comes out of the award or settlement. If our clients don’t win their case, we don’t charge them attorney’s fees.
If you are thinking about hiring a Marrero truck accident lawyer to help you build a case against the trucking company (or another party) responsible for your injuries, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. Our team can jump in and take care of the needs for your case the moment you call (504) 777-7777.