Workers’ compensation gives employees a financial safety net in case of accidents. However, getting the money you deserve is not always as easy as it should be. The insurance company may not cover medical treatments necessary for your recovery. They may even deny your claim altogether.
A Marksville workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm can help you fight for fair workers’ compensation benefits.
Employees May Be Entitled to Compensation for On-the-Job Injuries
Louisiana Revised Statutes (RS) §23:1020.1 entitles you to receive wage replacement benefits for temporary or permanent disability and free medical care for your work-related illness or injury. All jobs come with risks, but some have a higher risk of serious injury or occupational illness than others. Depending on your job and workplace, you may be at risk of injury from:
- Falls, either from heights or by tripping or slipping
- Electrical shocks or burns
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Chemical burns, fumes, or exposure
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Accidents with heavy equipment or power tools
Workplace injuries like these can turn your life upside down. You may have suffered an injury or combination of injuries, such as:
- Head or brain injury
- Bone fractures
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Shoulder injury
- Loss (or loss of use) of an extremity
- Occupational disease
Aside from an injury’s physical symptoms, you might also be dealing with the mental strain of financial pressure. Workers’ compensation may alleviate those pressures. This compensation may provide you with income until you can get back to work.
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Marksville, call (318) 310-8922
Certain Employees Qualify for Workers’ Compensation Benefits
The Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) explains how to apply for workers’ compensation benefits and what to do if your claim gets denied. An attorney from our firm can help you with each of these processes.
Filing for Benefits
First, make sure your employer has workers’ compensation insurance. Most employers are legally obligated to have this insurance, but there are a few exceptions. Most of these exceptions depend on what industry you are in, not what kind of employee you are. In other words, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation if you work:
- As a contractor or subcontractor (in some cases)
Report your injury to your employer as soon as possible. Once you have been off the job for seven days due to work-related injuries, the employer must generally file a workers’ compensation claim on your behalf. Special types of compensation may be available if you can still work in a limited capacity.
If all goes well, your claim will be accepted, and you can begin to receive benefits.
Marksville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me (318) 310-8922
What to Do If You Receive a Claim Denial or Inadequate Benefits
If your employer or its insurance company refuses to pay what you deserve or denies your claim outright, options remain. We may help you find a positive outcome.
Unfortunately, not all disputes can be fixed with a simple discussion. If necessary, you or the other party may request formal mediation. Having our team on your side in this situation can help you prepare for mediation, identify possible issues with your application, and determine if an appeal is necessary.
Requesting Mediation or Filing a Complaint
During a workers’ compensation mediation, a trained mediator will sit down with you and the other party. Our job is to try to help you reach an agreement. Mediation can be helpful, but you are not obligated to accept anyone else’s suggestions or offers. Neither is the other party. The Office of Workers’ Compensation Administration (OWCA) explains more about your right to mediation.
If all else fails, you may file a formal complaint with the local OWCA office. This may involve filling out a form and, in most cases, paying a fee. We can help with this process, too. If you run into trouble with either your employer or your insurance company when applying for benefits, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will work to secure a positive outcome. We will fight hard on your behalf for the money you need.
Click to contact our Marksville Personal Injury Lawyers today
Hiring a Marksville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Provide Several Benefits
Filing a workers’ compensation claim and going through mediation may be a lot of work, especially if your injury has left you at less than your best. You deserve the opportunity to focus on your recovery, not strenuous legal matters.
A workers’ compensation lawyer from our team can help you fight for compensation while minimizing the amount of work you have to do to complete your claim. Let Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers deal with your employer and their insurance company on your behalf. We can work on your case by:
- Figuring out your options: Every case is unique. Call us today to tell us the specifics of your situation. We can strategize how to build a claim that works for your legal interests.
- Submitting paperwork: You do not have to worry about filling out paperwork correctly or forgetting strict deadlines. Your lawyer can either fill out the paperwork for you or double-check your work to make sure everything is accurate.
- Collecting evidence: Documentary evidence, such as medical records, may support your claims about the accident and your injury. Such evidence may persuade an insurance company to approve your claim.
- Representing you at meetings: Negotiating with an insurance company can be daunting. Let our firm do it for you. No matter how far you want to take your case, we will be by your side the whole way.
- Being available to you: Our team will keep you informed of your case’s progress. If you have any questions, contact us. Someone from our team can take your call and answer your questions.
Whether you are filing a claim for your workplace injuries or the death of your loved one, you do not have to go through this process alone.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Firm Can Help You After a Workplace Injury
If you or a loved one has suffered a workplace injury, don’t wait to contact our firm. The workers’ compensation process can be confusing, and making the wrong moves could prevent you from obtaining fair coverage. Hiring a personal injury attorney as soon as possible can:
- Allow you to focus on recovery: We urge you to get medical help for your injuries. It is also important that you see doctors, rest, and rehabilitate your injuries. We can handle your workers’ compensation claim while you put your recovery first.
- Prevent you from making critical mistakes: What you don’t know can harm your workers’ compensation claim. Saying something you shouldn’t or failing to take action may have direct financial consequences. Our firm’s guidance may prevent you from making costly errors.
- Set a clear plan of action: A workplace injury can be confusing. When you’re unable to work and don’t know how to file a claim, it’s unclear how you should proceed. Our firm will review your case and take action on your behalf. You may gain peace of mind knowing that your claim is in our hands.
Your employer and its insurance company do not represent you. Our firm will place your best interests first throughout the claims process.
What Sets Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Apart From Other Firms?
We want every client to have a lasting, positive impression of Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. We’ll go the extra mile for you by:
- Providing you a forum to tell your story: We believe a strong claim tells the client’s story. More than anyone else, you know how your workplace accident happened. You also know how your injuries have affected your life. When we meet with you, we will give you the time and opportunity to tell the entire story of your case.
- Accommodating any special requests you have: We know each client is a person, not just a case. Each injured worker we represent has a personal vision for their case, and we do our best to accommodate their special requests.
- Using all of our firm’s resources on your behalf: Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has many resources that may help with your case. In addition to your attorney, you’ll get the help of paralegals, investigators, and other experts. We’ll also handle every expense necessary to complete your claim.
Our Marksville office knows the local area and may even be familiar with your employer. We will act swiftly as we pursue justice for you.
Our Previous Clients Are Thrilled with Our Services
No one knows the benefits of working with us better than our past clients. Our clients have left rave reviews of our Marksville team, such as:
- “They helped me when the other party’s insurance wouldn’t answer my calls! They got the job done and efficiently!” – Lacey Mcdonald
- “This is a wonderful firm. They know the personal injury process in and out and they are patient, explaining each step, making sure you understand, protecting you from being taken advantage of and making sure you get the recovery you need to get back to your life. You’ll never feel uninformed or overwhelmed with them on your side!” – Tiffany Carter
- “Don’t waste your time going anywhere else. Other lawyers promise the moon, but these guys actually got results. Thanks to them, I was able to pay for my treatment.” – Andre Darbonne
- “I am very impressed with the service I received. They quickly responded to my request and made the whole process very easy. They really take the time to explain everything to you and discuss your options and expectations. Communication was great and they were always available to answer my questions.” – Charlene Veney
Every injured worker should consider client reviews when hiring a lawyer. These testimonials provide an honest view of what you can expect from our firm. As you can tell, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers takes every possible measure to satisfy our clients and secure the compensation they deserve.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today to Discuss Your Workers’ Compensation Case
When you hire our firm, a Marksville workers’ compensation lawyer can work with you to pursue the workers’ compensation you might be entitled to receive. Whether you just started the claims process or have already been denied benefits, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to take on the insurance company for you.
Give us a call to reach our office in Marksville. When you put your case in our hands, you can relax while we fight for your rights.
Call or text (318) 310-8922 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form