If you or a family member suffered a neck injury in a car accident, you might be able to collect several damages from the party responsible for your injuries. Our Louisiana personal injury law firm can help you collect these damages and fair amounts for them even if the other party’s insurance isn’t willing to compensate you fairly. You deserve compensation for your injuries, and Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will fight for it, even if we must sue.
During a free consultation, we’ll tell you all about what our Lafayette neck injury lawyer will do for you if we take your case. We’ll also explain how your lawyer will work for you in an affordable contingency fee arrangement.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Get for a Neck Injury in Lafayette, LA?
A neck or back injury can be devastating, causing paralysis or even death. A victim or the deceased victim’s family may have many compensable damages, including physical and financial damages.
You could receive financial recovery for all your physical, financial, and other damages through a personal injury claim or lawsuit (or a wrongful death claim or suit). One of our firm’s car accident lawyers will fight for each of those damages on your behalf. Your damages could include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Any disability you have
- Your medical bills
- Any bills you have for physical therapy, occupational therapy, or other therapy
- Any lost income from being out of work
- Any loss in your ability to earn income
- Vehicle repair or replacement expenses
- Any mental anguish or emotional trauma you experience
- Wrongful death damages if a family member suffered fatal injuries
The Amount of Your Compensation
How much you could recover depends on the assessment of your non-financial damages. Our Lafayette neck injury lawyer can professionally determine the monetary value of these damages to ensure we cover each loss you have.
Your settlement also depends on how negotiations with an insurer go or what a judge determines if your case goes to trial. Our lawyers have a great deal of experience with proceedings inside and outside of court.
For a free legal consultation with a neck injury lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 777-7777
How Will My Lafayette Neck Injury Lawyer Build My Case?
An injury lawyer must present evidence and show how each of the elements of negligence applies to your case. All this can be especially challenging for a claimant to do on their own, but a lawyer from our firm can take care of this task for you.
Evidence for Your Case
You might already have some evidence for your case, such as your medical bills and cell phone photos of the accident scene. However, this may not be enough to convince the insurer or judge about your case. You might also need evidence a lawyer from our firm can collect for you, such as:
- The police report
- The data event recorder in the other party’s vehicle
- Traffic camera footage of the accident
- Witness accounts of the incident
- Corroborating testimony from a car accident reconstructionist
The Elements of Negligence for Your Lafayette Neck Injury Case
Evidence isn’t enough to prove a case. Your lawyer will also need to show how negligence was a factor in the incident. To do this, your lawyer will show how:
- The liable party was responsible for keeping you from harm.
- The liable party breached this duty by acting irresponsibly, such as by running a red light.
- The irresponsible action caused the accident.
- The accident resulted in damages you suffered/incurred.
Lafayette Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Should I Sue the Other Driver in My Lafayette Neck Injury Case?
If you were in a motor vehicle accident in Lafayette, your neck injury may be severe, or your loved one’s injuries may have been fatal. In either case, you might consider suing the at-fault driver and other liable parties.
You and your lawyer can discuss filing an injury lawsuit at any point in your case.
We Will Help You Meet the Deadline for a Lawsuit
If you’re considering a lawsuit against the other driver, our lawyer will prepare your case and suit quickly to meet Louisiana’s filing deadline for a lawsuit. This deadline is generally one year from the date of an accident, according to CC Art. 3492.
Click to contact our Lafayette Car Accident Lawyers today
Why Should I Hire a Lafayette Neck Injury Attorney From Your Firm?
An attorney from our firm can fight for fair compensation, prove your case, and even sue. In addition to all that, your attorney can:
- Work for you at no cost until your lawyer recovers compensation for you (this is our affordable contingency fee arrangement)
- Collect invaluable corroborating testimonies from experts, such as rehabilitation specialists, to prove the extent of your damages
- Determine if you could collect awards from additional parties
- Manage all communications with an insurance company
- Manage negotiations for your compensation with the insurer
- Manage the entire litigation process, including negotiations with the judge
Our legal team has over 250 years of combined experience and has recovered millions of dollars for clients, including many clients who suffered car accident injuries. If you hire one of our attorneys, you’ll be able to count on your attorney’s experience with resolving cases like yours.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Firm for Help from a Neck Injury Attorney in Lafayette, LA
If you or a family member suffered a neck injury, our firm can pursue compensation on your behalf. We will seek all damages for you, including any wrongful death damages your family may be experiencing after losing a loved one. Your lawyer will support you if you decide to file an insurance claim or sue for damages.
If you consult with us, we’ll advise you about your case and tell you more about working with your neck injury lawyer in Lafayette, LA. The consultation is free, and your lawyer can work for you in the affordable contingency fee arrangement. To get started with a consultation with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, call us today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form