After being involved in a bicycle accident, you might be dealing with severe injuries, emotional turmoil, and financial distress. Although you can file a claim on your own, doing so could quickly overwhelm you. A Henry bicycle accident lawyer from our firm can manage your case’s obligations while you focus on feeling better.
Compensation in your case could account for your pain and suffering, healthcare costs, and other related losses. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers offers free case reviews to injured parties in Louisiana.
The Statute of Limitations for a Bicycle Accident Lawsuit
According to CC Art. 3492, bicycle accident victims generally have one year to file their lawsuits. A similar statute notes that you also have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Understanding your case’s deadlines can get complicated, especially if the injured party is a minor. Our team will evaluate your case’s details and determine how long you have to file your lawsuit. Then, we’ll render appropriate legal aid.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Henry, call (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Damages in a Bicycle Accident Case
You could recover compensation either through a claim or lawsuit. When you file an insurance claim, you can pursue compensation up to the liable policy’s limits. This involves understanding your losses, negotiating a settlement, and proving negligence.
However, when you file a lawsuit, this requires a multi-faceted legal process. It involves exchanging information with the other party’s legal team, following courtroom procedure, and questioning witnesses.
Financial recovery in your case could account for:
Past and Future Healthcare Expenses
Suffering harm in a bicycle accident may require extensive, long-term care, such as:
- Reconstructive procedures
- Physical therapy
- Ambulance transportation
You shouldn’t have to pay for the cost of medical care if another party caused your accident. You deserve to reach maximum medical improvement without worrying about these costs.
Your injuries may have caused you to miss valuable time from work. Our team understands that not everyone works a nine-to-five job––and not everyone works full-time, either. That being said, compensation could account for lost:
- Hourly rates
Our team will consult with economists and professionals in your employment field to learn what you need. We can also account for loss of future earning capacity in your case, as well.
Property Damage Expenses
You may have relied on your bicycle as your primary mode of transportation. We can assess your bicycle’s damage and determine the cost of its repairs or replacement.
Various Non-Economic Damages
Your losses go beyond your monetary damages. They extend to all corners of your life––and we believe financial recovery should account for that. Recoverable non-economic damages in your case may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Each bicycle accident comes with its own set of recoverable damages. We will fight for everything you need and deserve after your collision in Henry, whether through a claim or lawsuit.
Henry Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What You Can Expect from Your Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Henry
When you entrust your injury case to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, you can rest assured that we will:
Handle Your Case on a Contingency-Fee Basis
You’re already dealing with costly medical bills and missed time from work. You don’t need to add attorney’s fees to your list of financial concerns. That’s why we offer help on a contingency-fee basis. You’ll know everything about this arrangement from the very beginning.
You’ll learn that:
- You don’t pay hourly rates or upfront payments to get our help.
- We don’t charge retainers.
- A pre-determined percentage of your insurance settlement or court award compensates us for our help.
You can learn more about this payment plan during your free case review. You can also ask other questions related to your case, including what types of losses you can seek.
Investigate Your Case’s Details
The more information we have to support your case, the less reason the insurer has to dispute it. Our investigation may yield the following evidence:
- The police report
- Accident reconstruction data
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Your injury-related receipts and invoices
- Information from your healthcare team
With the information we uncover, we’ll prove that because another party caused your accident, they should pay for your losses.
Manage All Dealings with the Insurance Company
Nobody wants to deal with the insurance company after a bicycle accident. First of all, insurance policies are filled with confusing jargon, sometimes meant to mislead you. Secondly, not all insurance companies treat injured bicyclists fairly.
When we manage your insurance claim, we will:
- Manage all emails, texts, and phone calls from the insurer
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
- Evaluate your losses and send your demand letter
- Negotiate for what you need
File Your Lawsuit
Filing a civil lawsuit could be your only option for recovering damages if the insurer denies your claim. Not only will we file your lawsuit within the statute of limitations, but we will also manage everything litigation entails.
We Strive To Provide Comprehensive Legal Care to Injured Claimants
Since we started serving injured people, we’ve recovered more than $200 million in damages. Yet, our clients’ feedback is the most important thing to us. Some injured Louisianans had these comments to share about our team:
- “Larke Landry met with us initially to gather our information. She was professional, compassionate and answered all questions we had. We are confident that our concerns will be addressed and [she] will provide further reviews as our case progresses and completes.” ––A.N.
- “Laborde Earles is an amazing law firm full of extremely helpful and pleasant employees! Five stars all around!” ––J.H.
- “I have had nothing but excellent service with this firm, they keep me updated on my case, are easy to get ahold of and my paralegal Mallory Marsh goes above and beyond for myself and my mother, she’s kind caring and truly concerned about us and regularly checks in to see how we are doing. I would highly recommend this firm. Such a pleasure to work with.” ––K.P.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Begin Your Free Case Review with Our Injury Team Serving Henry
To learn more about partnering with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, call us today. We’re ready to pursue compensation for your losses. Remember: Louisiana has a short statute of limitations, so we encourage you to consider your legal options now.