Any type of motor accident can be hazardous, but a loaded and heavy semi-truck increases the severity of injuries and potential death. According to the latest data, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) states about 71.6% of crashes involving large trucks and other vehicles end fatally. If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, you have the right to seek compensation from the liable party.
A Henderson big rig accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can stand by your side to fight for your right to pursue financial recovery. Our team can walk you through your options and help with the legal aspect of your case.
How Can a Lawyer Help My Big Rig Accident Case?
Filing a case can be stressful and challenging but hiring an attorney can help. We handle communications on your behalf while having your best interest in mind when we advocate for you. In addition, we will help you through the process and ensure your case meets all deadlines.
Can I Afford an Attorney?
Our firm offers each potential client a free consultation. This allows us to understand your case and enables you to ask any questions. During this time, we can also provide more details about the process of your specific claim. You will not pay for legal services until a financial settlement is awarded or your case is won at trial.
How Quickly Do I Need to Act After My Big Rig Accident?
According to CC Art. 3492, you have one year to file a personal injury case in Louisiana. It is essential to take action as quickly as possible after your accident so our big rig accident attorneys serving Henderson, LA, have time to:
- Investigate your truck accident and gather evidence to support claims
- Review all damages and determine the value of your case
- Negotiate with the insurance companies involved to attain a settlement agreement
- If necessary, begin court proceedings
Contacting a big rig accident attorney as quickly as possible after the incident gives us more time to gather evidence and make a strong case for your compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Henderson, call (337) 777-7777
We Understand the Effects of Your Big Rig Accident and Can Seek Damages
The aftereffects of a big rig accident can leave you with sizable medical bills, missed work, and damages to your vehicle. These losses seriously impact your daily life, potentially causing changes to your quality of life and mental health.
We understand the trauma a commercial trucking accident can cause. We want to help maximize the compensation you deserve to deal with the negative impact the accident made on your life.
Types of Compensation You Could Recover
Depending on the details of your accident, you could recover several forms of compensation for your losses, such as:
- Medical costs, including future medical costs
- Income losses, including reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Wrongful death damages (if you lost a loved one to an accident)
Recoverable damages can be stressful to calculate. We will help identify your losses and demonstrate their value, giving us a better understanding of your case worth.
Henderson Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Big Rig Lawyers Will Gather Information When Investigating Your Crash
To fully evaluate your accident, we will utilize all our resources to gather the evidence needed to determine the cause and who is liable for your damages. There are many causes of big rig accidents, and we will find the answers to your accident.
Was the Big Rig Driver At-Fault?
Driving a large truck is a big responsibility. There are many rules and regulations that truck drivers are supposed to abide by, but accidents can still happen because a truck driver is:
- Tired and drowsy driving results in impaired judgment, reduced reaction times and ability to control the truck, preventing the trucker from making safe driving choices when issues arise.
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Driving in this state of mind is reckless and can put everyone around them in harm. In addition, drugs and alcohol can impair a driver, causing reduced reaction time, poor judgment, and inability to stay in the proper lane.
- Driving recklessly, weaving in and out of lanes, speeding, or tailgating. Drivers can also make improper turns even if road signs signal that drivers cannot take the turn.
- Making driving errors, such as exceeding the speed limit, failing to observe blind spots properly, and going around a curve too fast.
Truck drivers can be under pressure to make their deliveries faster which can result in them not abiding by safe driving techniques or following the hours of service regulations set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Hours of service is a regulation to help drivers stay awake and alert, ensuring they also get a rest period after driving for so long.
Was the Trucking Company Responsible?
Trucking companies have the responsibility to ensure their equipment is adequately maintained. Manufacturing problems (such as defective tires) or failing to provide proper backup warnings can also lead to crashes. Common mechanical issues that often lead to trucking accidents include:
- Failing to maintain the breaks
- Improper loading or securing of cargo
- Failing to maintain the tires which can lead to a blowout
- Defective steering
- Allowing drivers to start work before properly trained
- Failing to keep truck logbooks up to date properly
- Putting unrealistic delivery expectations on drivers
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that 73% of drivers said their delivery deadlines are unrealistically tight, leaving them to be forced to make decisions to continue to drive despite feeling fatigued or driving in unsafe road and weather conditions.
During our investigation, we will establish who is liable and attempt to hold the party accountable by seeking compensation for your damages.
Get in Touch with Our Big Rig Accidents Attorneys for Help Today
Ensure your rights are protected by contacting a big rig accident lawyer serving Henderson, LA, from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. We are available for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. In addition, you can reach out to us by giving us a call or completing a free case evaluation form on our website.