A big rig can significantly outweigh a passenger vehicle. In a collision, the difference in size and weight can lead to potentially catastrophic injuries for the smaller vehicle’s occupants.
If you or someone you love was injured in a collision with a large truck, our Slidell big rig accident lawyer can help you build a strong case for financial compensation. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our investigation will identify the appropriate at-fault party and their insurance provider. We will negotiate with the insurance company and fight hard to recover damages for your injuries and related expenses.
Damages You Can Recover After a Big Rig Accident in St. Tammany Parish
The injuries you sustain in a big rig accident can leave you with hefty medical bills. At the same time, they can curtail your income by preventing you from returning to work. Our law firm will help you assess the financial impact of the accident and recover the following damages:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future loss of income
- Property damage or destruction
- Disability or disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
Our Slidell personal injury lawyer will ensure your case gets a carefully detailed evaluation. We work hard to ensure no valid expenses or losses are overlooked or omitted before starting the settlement negotiation process.
Do Not Wait to Hold the Negligent Party Accountable
The sooner you put our big rig accident attorney serving Slidell, LA to work on your case, the more time we have to conduct a thorough investigation. Early intervention also gives us time to speak to witnesses while their memories are vivid and to canvass the accident scene for supporting evidence.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Slidell, call (337) 777-7777
How Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Identifies the At-Fault Party
In a big rig accident, the at-fault party is identified by understanding the negligence that caused the collision. Our big rig accident lawyer serving injured clients in Slidell will collect evidence that proves liability.
Potentially liable parties can include the truck driver if his actions or behavior caused the accident. If the truck driver was not properly licensed or trained, his employer may share liability. Others who could be liable include the cargo loading company, the truck maintenance facility, the truck’s manufacturer, or the manufacturer of its components.
Slidell Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Big Rig Accident Lawyer Serving Slidell, LA Will Prove Negligence
To seek compensation from the at-fault party requires proof of their financial liability. Our legal team will help you prove the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of care — the legal responsibility to drive safely and protect all others sharing the road
- Breach of duty — the failure to meet the legal responsibility to put a safe truck on the road and operate it safely
- Causation — proof that the at-fault party’s actions caused the accident to occur
- Damages — the financial impact of the accident and its resulting injuries and related expenses and losses
Most personal injury cases are settled out of court when the weight of the evidence indicates negligence. Our legal team will document negligence and steer your case toward a settlement versus a lengthy trial.
Leave Evidence Collection to Us
In some cases, the fault for an accident is clear. In others, evidence will tell the story of the accident’s causes and contributing factors. When we handle your case, the evidence we collect for you includes:
- Medical records that document the cause and extent of your injuries
- Your written prognosis that details the care you require to fully recover
- Employment and salary history records that prove your loss of income
- Your truck accident report, which provides details of the accident’s cause
- Photos and videos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Reports from expert witnesses and statements from lay witnesses
Some evidence can be hard to obtain on your own. Our law firm will obtain the truck driver’s license and driving history, logbooks, and the truck’s maintenance records. Leave it to us. We will do everything we can to build a robust case file on your behalf.
Leave the Hard Work and Details of Building Your Case to Our Law Firm
A big rig accident can leave you with life-changing, even life-threatening, injuries. It can also leave you with serious mental and emotional trauma. While you focus on your recovery, we take the following steps to build your case:
- Obtain an official copy of your crash report
- Address all your questions and concerns
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Collect and submit compelling evidence
- Locate and interview lay and expert witnesses
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
Our big rig accident lawyers never stop fighting for you. We work hard to treat you like an individual, not a case file, and to give you the attention and support you need.
Get Legal Guidance and Support Without Delay
When you are injured because of someone else’s negligence, a strong case can help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve. Legal guidance and support from our personal injury law firm can help. Our legal services and support are risk-free, and we even cover any upfront costs associated with your case.
Our big rig accident attorneys will represent you on a contingency-fee basis. We will not charge any upfront fees or request any compensation out of your own pocket. Instead, we accept a percentage of your recovered damages as our fee. If your case does not result in a financial award, we will not charge any legal fees at all.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Your Free Case Review Now
If you or someone you love was injured in a collision between your/their car and a large truck in Slidell, you could recover damages from the at-fault party. You do not have to build your case alone. Our Slidell big rig accident lawyer can help you file a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit.
Contact one of our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team members for a free review of your case today.