If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you may be eligible for financial recovery. Truck accidents can lead to major losses, both in terms of bodily injuries and property destruction. We believe that the parties responsible for the accident, not you, should pay for the damages. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our team of truck accident lawyers fights for the rights of accident victims. Our goal is fair compensation and justice.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is a client-first operation. We view our clients as extended family members, and, as such, we take the outcome of their cases very seriously. After surviving a devastating accident, you may be concerned about how you will afford legal assistance. We operate on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that we do not accept payment unless we get compensation for you.
When you give us a call, our goal is to learn everything we can about your case and determine exactly how we can help. For a free, no-obligation case evaluation with a member of our team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.
No Matter How Your Truck Accident Happened, We Want to Hear from You
According to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety’s (IIHS) Fatality Facts, in 2018, more than 760 people lost their lives due to truck accident crashes in Louisiana. When one of these massive trucks collides with a passenger car, it is often the occupants of the smaller vehicle that sustain the most damage. We understand that these accidents can happen for several different reasons. However, the one thing they have in common is the severity of devastating injuries and property damage.
Our truck accident attorneys want to take the stress off your shoulders and put it on ours so that you can focus on getting better.
We can help you fight for damages after a truck accident caused by any of the following:
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or fatigue
- Failing to drive defensively
- Ignoring posted traffic signals
- Merging without signaling
- Inclement weather
- Carrying excessive cargo
According to the Louisiana State Legislature, you only have a year from the date of your accident to take any civil action. Contacting a legal team is one of the first steps you can take to make sure that you do not miss any important deadlines. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we will get to work right away on your case. We want to make sure you get paid the compensation you deserve. For a free case evaluation, call (337) 777-7777.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Gueydan, call (337) 777-7777
The Responsible Parties for Your Gueydan Truck Accident
Our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can investigate your truck accident and get to the bottom of who was responsible. We can identify all responsible parties and get to work gathering evidence proving their liability. Truck accidents differ from your typical car crash in that more than one party can be held liable for the cost of your losses.
The Truck Driver
If the driver who hit you was violating a traffic law or engaging in other risky driving behaviors, we can hold them liable for your injuries. Truck drivers must follow industry-specific regulations. According to the IIHS, truckers can only drive for 11 hours at a time and must keep a detailed logbook recording their activities. We can examine their logbook and search for inconsistencies or evidence of noncompliance.
The Trucking Company
The trucking company that employs the driver who hit you may be vicariously liable for your injuries. Under the doctrine of respondeat superior, an employer can be held responsible for the actions of their employee if they were acting within the scope of their job. This vicarious liability can open numerous avenues for financial recovery.
The Truck Manufacturer
We might be able to hold the truck manufacturer liable if we can show that a defective vehicle component caused or contributed to the accident. These components can include the trailer hitch, brakes, steering equipment, or axels. To support this, we must prove that the driver was using the truck for its intended purpose.
Gueydan Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
The Value of Your Case
Once we know the identities of the responsible parties, we can get to work proving your case. The end goal, of course, is to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve. We can seek both economic and noneconomic damages.
Your award may include reparations for the following and more:
- Medical bills. We can help you get paid not only for your current medical expenses but also for those you might incur in the future.
- Lost wages. We can help you recover the value of the paychecks you have lost while missing work due to your injuries.
- Reduced earning capacity. Some truck accident injuries are so severe that they have a long-term impact on your ability to make a living. If so, we can help you recover the difference between what you are earning now and what you would be earning had you not been injured.
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience. Our attorneys can pursue noneconomic compensation for items related to emotional trauma. The value of these damages typically (but not always) correlates with the extent of your injuries.
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list of the damages for which you may be seeking recovery.
Click to contact our Injury Claims We Represent in Lafayette, LA today
Our Team of Truck Accident Lawyers Works for You
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to get to work on your Gueydan truck accident case today. We have the resources and knowledge you need to help alleviate some of the stress during this challenging time.
Some of the services that we can provide include:
- Initiating legal action within the statute of limitations
- Collecting any relevant evidence to support your account of events
- Negotiating a settlement with the involved parties
- Keeping you updated on legal proceedings
- Handling all communications with the involved parties and their insurers
- Protecting your rights throughout the legal process
- Representing you in court if we cannot reach a settlement agreement
Our goal is to fight for the monetary award that you deserve. We are eager to get to know the details of your case. For a free, no-obligation case evaluation, call us at (337) 777-7777.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form