Louisiana’s metropolitan areas, including Harvey, are havens for cycling. However, as more people continue using bicycles as a means of transportation, the number of bicycle accidents increases.
If you or a loved one suffered harm in a bicycle accident, you have the right to claim compensation from the liable party. With help from a Harvey bicycle accident lawyer, you can rest easy while they manage your legal matters. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to start advocating for you now.
Why Hire a Harvey Bicycle Accident Lawyer from Our Team?
When you partner with our injury team, we will support you by:
- Investigating the events leading to the bicycle accident
- Gathering sufficient evidence to validate your claim
- Reviewing the police report
- Consulting accident reconstruction experts to establish causation
- Interviewing eyewitnesses and recording their statements
- Handling all correspondence with the insurers
- Evaluating all your damages to determine a fair settlement figure
- Negotiating with the insurers on your behalf
- Taking your case to court (if necessary)
We Serve Injured Claimants on a Contingency-Fee Basis
You may have many concerns about affording a lawyer after your accident. You don’t have to worry about affording help, however. We work on a contingency-fee basis. You can access our suite of legal services without paying anything out of pocket. We don’t ask for our attorney’s fees until we resolve your case, either.
We Will File Your Case Within Louisiana’s Statute of Limitations
According to CC Art. 3492, you generally have one year to file your bicycle accident lawsuit. The same one-year period applies to fatal bicycle accident cases.
Failing to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit within the deadline relinquishes your right to damages. By partnering with our team, we will manage your case’s filing date and everything it entails.
We Will Pursue Compensation for Your Injury-Related Losses in Harvey
After reviewing your situation, your lawyer will seek recovery for your:
- Medical costs: You could get compensation for any prescription medications or special equipment needed to treat your injuries, such as crutches. Other recoverable medical costs might include hospital visits, surgery expenses, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages: If you missed work or cannot work due to your injuries, you could get compensation for your lost wages, tips, bonuses, and other sources of revenue.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: You could recoup loss of enjoyment of life if your injuries affected your day-to-day function.
- Pain and suffering: If you experienced pain and suffering after the accident, you might be eligible for this damage. Pain and suffering’s value depends on your condition, the accident’s cause, and your quality of life.
- Mental anguish. If you developed anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of your accident, you could recoup damages for that hardship.
Since we first started serving injured people, we’ve recovered more than $200 million in damages. We know what strategies recover compensation for injured people––and we know how to combat your case’s challenges, too. You can learn more about your legal options during your free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Harvey, call (337) 777-7777
What To Do After a Bicycle Accident in Harvey, Louisiana
Knowing what to do after your bicycle accident does more than strengthen your case; it also gives you peace of mind. If you’re still at the accident scene, we recommend that you:
Call the police immediately after an accident. While at the scene, the police will gather evidence, document the scene, and write a report. Since the police are familiar with traffic and bicycle laws, their report can help determine the at-fault party. Note that the police report is crucial evidence for claiming compensation.
Get Witness Information
Witnesses play a significant role in any bicycle accident claim. They can give critical information to help prove fault. Therefore, before leaving the scene, try to collect witness information, including their names and contact information.
Suppose you were severely injured and aren’t able to move. In that case, your lawyer can get witness information from the police report.
Take Photos of the Accident Scene
Taking photos of your injuries and the accident scene paints a picture of what happened. Your lawyer can also use this information later to assert your right to damages.
Collect the Other Driver’s Contact and Insurance Information
If you suffered harm because of another motorist, collect their information, vehicle registration number, and insurance information. All of this information can help you file a claim later.
Seek Medical Attention
Victims of bicycle accidents can suffer severe or fatal injuries. This is why it’s important to seek medical attention immediately after the accident, regardless of the severity of your injuries. Seeing a doctor is important to your health and claim. It could be impossible to claim compensation for your injuries or related damages without valid documents from a doctor.
Harvey Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What Should I Do After a Bicycle Accident in Harvey, LA?
If you’re not at the accident scene, that’s okay; there are still things you can do to promote your case’s outcome. Some recommendations include:
- Seeking medical attention
- Keeping track of your injury-related losses, such as your missed time from work
- Limiting what you share about your case on social media
- Leaving all insurance-related matters to your lawyer
- Following your prescribed treatment plan
- Consulting your lawyer before accepting any settlement offers
During your free consultation, our team can explain what other considerations could bolster your case.
We Advocate for People Suffering from These Conditions
We’ve secured compensation for people suffering from these accident-related conditions:
- Rib fractures and lung injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Road rash
- Internal bleeding
- Leg and knee injuries
The severity and effects of your injuries will determine how much you can recover. We will do everything in our power to secure what you need from the liable insurance provider.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Begin Your Free Case Review Now
To learn more about partnering with a bicycle accident lawyer in Harvey, call our team today. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to start pursuing what you need.