Motorcyclists are vulnerable on roads and are more likely to get injured or die in a crash than passenger car occupants. Apart from the injuries, motorcycle accidents are expensive, costing billions of dollars in emergency services, insurance costs, and other related direct costs.
It is important to get a Carencro motorcycle accident lawyer to help you deal with any costs incurred after a motorcycle crash. A lawyer can help you get compensation for the damages, which can then take care of the medical services and any other expenses.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Every motorcycle accident is different, but most have human error in common. Below are some examples of the type of human errors that can cause accidents:
Most motorcycle crashes, unfortunately have alcohol as a significant factor. Alcohol-impaired motorcyclists can be reckless and disregard any road and safety rules. If they don’t wear helmets, they could end up causing fatal accidents. Motorcyclists driving under the influence also have impaired vision and judgment and can easily lose control of their vehicles.
Speeding is the second largest cause of all motorcycle accidents. While motorcycles can be super-fast, these high speeds make them harder to control. A motorcyclist might not make a right turn or stop on time, especially on busy roads, resulting in terrible accidents.
Lack of Protective Gear
Motorcycles have very little protection, leaving their riders at a high risk of getting injured. A motorcyclist can prevent this by wearing protective gear, such as helmets. Sadly, most don’t and the lack of other protective equipment leaves them vulnerable to grave injuries.
Motorcyclists tend to squeeze in between lanes when there are traffic jams. This helps them cut out the waiting time. However, motorcycles are hard to see because of their small size, and an unknowing driver might accidentally crush a motorcyclist.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Carencro, call (337) 777-7777
Motorcycle crashes result in high economic losses, with billions of dollars going towards medical costs, insurance costs, and property damage. These losses can overwhelm the victim and leave them stressed about finding money for the expenses.
The good news is a Carencro motorcycle accident lawyer is there to help. A lawyer will assess your injuries and determines whether you can use them to recover damages. The injuries also help them know how much compensation you can get if you settle or win your case. Some of the damages you can recover may include:
- Ongoing and future medical costs: This refers to any expenses resulting from the accident. You can get compensation for emergency medical care, treatment, surgery, and medication.
- Lost wages: The time you miss work while recovering is used to calculate a compensation amount. You can also get compensation for loss of future earnings if your injuries are long-term or leave you unable to work.
- Emotional distress: Motorcycle crashes cause a lot of emotional trauma. The trauma is given a monetary value that your lawyer uses to negotiate a settlement for you.
- Property damage: Your motorcycle and other possessions can get ruined in the crash. You will need money to either repair or replace these items.
- Pain and suffering: The pain you get from the injuries. These damages also get a monetary value that is used when calculating compensation.
Wrongful Death Damages
Motorcycle accident victims can sometimes succumb to their injuries. If you lose a loved one in a motorcycle crash, you can pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible party. A Carencro motorcycle accident lawyer will advise you on dealing with the case and the kind of damages you can seek. Some of the common damages you may be able to pursue after an accident are:
- Medical expenses covering the time the deceased was in the hospital
- Funeral expenses, including the cost of settling the decedent’s state
- Loss of companionship for the partner and their children
- Pain and suffering the deceased endured before they died
Getting the right amount of settlement for a wrongful death case is complicated. Sometimes personal injury attorneys might need extra help from medical experts to get the full scope of the damages. Our attorney will use all these factors to ensure you get what your case is worth.
Carencro Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Lawyers Can Help You
Our Carencro motorcycle accident lawyers are there to ensure you get the best legal care. Some of the services our attorneys offer are:
Our attorneys have more than 250 years of combined legal experience. This gives them the upper hand in knowing what evidence they can collect to help your case. Our previous case verdicts and settlements show their dedication to looking out for your best interests. Some of the tasks they undertake while collecting evidence include:
- Visiting the accident scene
- Collecting police and medical reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Reviewing pictures and videos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Consulting with reconstruction experts to determine how the accident occurred
Most motorcycle accident lawsuits stem from the driver or manufacturer’s negligence. Multiple parties can be negligent as well as contributing to the factors causing the accident. Some of the responsible parties can include:
- The driver’s negligence
- Motorcycle manufacturer for selling defective parts
- Driver’s employer, if the driver works for a company
- Repair shop for failing to repair the motorcycle properly
- Town or municipality with poor road maintenance
A Carencro motorcycle accident lawyer studies the factors surrounding the case to find the cause of the accident. They can then use this information to determine the negligent party and help you draft and file claims against them.
Click to contact our Carencro Personal Injury Lawyers today
Contact a Laborde Earles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Our lawyers are ready to start working with you on your motorcycle accident case. They will liaise with the responsible party or their insurance carriers. They will negotiate with the other parties to reach a satisfactory settlement and file lawsuits if they cannot agree on a settlement amount. Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today to start working on your case.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form