Thousands of people use Lyft to get around Arnaudville, Louisiana, because its services are generally cheaper and more convenient than traditional taxis. But that doesn’t mean Lyft vehicles aren’t involved in accidents. The fortunate news is that if you have been injured in a Lyft car accident, you may be entitled to sue the liable party for damages.
An Arnaudville Lyft accident with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you navigate this difficult time. We will fight on your behalf for your recovery and ensure you pursue every option to receive fair compensation for your damages. You can learn more during a free consultation with our team today.
Identifying Lyft’s Liability in Your Arnaudville Accident
One of the key issues in a rideshare accident is who is at fault and on the hook for compensating injured parties for their losses. In most cases, this is not a cut-and-dry issue. Our attorney can review the facts of the crash and determine if Lyft’s driver was negligent and whose insurance policy you could file a claim against.
Lyft drivers must carry the minimum insurance coverage their state requires. However, this insurance is in effect during parts of a driver’s shift. Lyft’s insurance coverage kicks in only during certain parts of a passenger’s ride. The driver must be signed in to the company’s app to be considered “on the clock.”
Whose Auto Insurance Policy Applies When?
Below are the various points of when Lyft’s coverage is and is not in effect:
- When the driver is not using the Lyft app, their personal auto insurance will apply if they get into an accident.
- When the driver signs into the app and waits for a ride request, Lyft also provides third-party liability coverage if the driver’s personal insurance does not apply.
- When the driver is signed in to the app and is either picking up passengers or driving them to their destination, Lyft’s $1 million third-party insurance policy applies.
We will conduct a thorough investigation of the circumstances surrounding your accident to determine which insurance policy was in effect during your accident. We know how to manage the insurance companies in these cases, which could resort to stalling injured victims and rejecting their claims for any reason.
Our Arnaudville injury lawyer will work toward securing your financial recovery and navigate your case while you focus on your recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Arnaudville, call (337) 777-7777
Recoverable Compensation After a Lyft Accident in Arnaudville
After a car accident, you can file a claim for a whole lot more than just damages to your personal property. If the event affected your mental and emotional health, you deserve to be compensated. Don’t spend your life paying for someone else’s negligence. Here are a few reasons why you could receive a settlement or compensation after a Lyft accident:
- Medical expenses
- Physical or occupational therapy and other rehabilitative services
- Therapy and counseling
- Loss of income during recovery
- Loss of future income due to a disability after the Lyft accident
- Damage to personal property
- Pain and suffering
- Other accident-related expenses
No amount of money can change what’s happened to you—we get that. But a fair settlement can help relieve the financial burden that follows an accident like this.
Arnaudville Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What Our Arnaudville Personal Injury Lawyer Will Do
You can protect your rights as you pursue compensation if you hire a lawyer after an accident. An attorney on our team will review all the facts surrounding your case, determine whether you’re eligible to pursue legal action, and advise you on the best course of action. We also will:
- Negotiate with insurance companies for a possible settlement
- Collect and review your medical records, photos, and video footage for case-supporting evidence
- Visit the accident site to look for additional evidence
- Investigate the extent and long-term effects of your injuries
- Identify the severity of accident-related damage
- Document witness testimony and expert witness testimony, such as a third-party medical doctor who can weigh in about your injuries
- Take your case to trial if we can’t settle with insurers
- Answer your questions and stay on top of all important legal deadlines and paperwork
It’s important to remember that the more serious your injuries, the higher the settlement could be. We will calculate how much is fair for your case after assessing your medical bills, income loss, and pain and suffering, among other damages.
When to File Your Injury Lawsuit in Louisiana
After a car crash, you’re bound to be distracted by physical and emotional recovery, personal property repairs, and medical expenses. However, you must keep an eye on the calendar. Per CC Art. 3492, you have one year from the accident date to file an injury lawsuit. If your loved one died, we could help eligible family members recover wrongful death damages. The filing deadline for that legal action is also one year, per CC Art. 2315.2.
Click to contact our Arnaudville Rideshare Accident Lawyers today
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation About an Arnaudville Lyft Accident
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we care about Louisiana’s injured and strive to provide the professional legal representation they deserve. We represent clients throughout the state, including in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Metairie, Kenner, Slidell, Lake Charles, Lafayette, and other areas. Collectively, we have 250 years of combined legal experience, and to date, we have recovered more than $200 million in case settlements and verdicts for our personal injury clients.
We know what it takes to win a case against insurance companies, and we work hard to achieve maximum results for each client. If you were injured during a Lyft ride in the Arnaudville, Louisiana, area, you have every right to seek compensation. Call us today for a free consultation where you can learn about your options.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form