When you choose to work with a lawyer for your drunk driving accident injury, it can bring many advantages to your case. The aftermath of a DUI accident is often stressful and overwhelming – having an attorney’s support can bring you peace of mind and take the legal tasks off your plate. For example, our team’s familiarity with personal injury and insurance law and our ability to assign an accurate value to your injuries and related expenses are two of the benefits of working with us.
We can also put our resources and experience to work as we build a case to prove the at-fault driver was intoxicated and caused the accident. We will compile the evidence to prove the monetary value of your injuries and property damage and fight for a favorable settlement or court award from the liable driver. You can learn more during a complimentary case review.
Our Personal Injury Team Collects Evidence for Your Case File
Your evidence file tells our team and the at-fault driver’s representatives the cause of the accident and helps us assign liability. The documents we will collect to substantiate your case include:
- Your car accident report, which will indicate who was involved in the accident and whether citations were issued for drunk driving
- Results of the at-fault driver’s field sobriety and blood alcohol concentration tests
- Your medical records, bills, and written prognosis for the future
Where available, we may also include police-generated and accident scene photos, photos of your injuries, and any available smartphone or surveillance footage. We gather this evidence for you so you can concentrate on your physical recovery.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
We Carefully Assess the Damages You Can Recover
After proving their intoxication and financial liability, we help you carefully and thoroughly assess the damages you can recover. With our guidance, you can seek recovery of the following:
- Economic damages: Past and future medical bills and income losses, property damage, travel expenses, and in-home care
- Non-economic damages: Physical disability, impairment, disfigurement, mental and emotional trauma, and ongoing pain and suffering
Calculating your recoverable damages after an accident can be more complicated than you think. We can help make sure no expenses or losses are omitted or overlooked. We also make sure your damages are not undervalued, which could lead to a smaller settlement than you deserve.
We Ensure Timely Filing of Your Lawsuit
Because settling a car accident case takes time, we make sure to file your potential lawsuit as soon as possible. We take this step to protect your right to compensation in the event a settlement cannot be reached. Depending on the outcome of the accident, one of the following lawsuit filing deadlines will likely apply:
- If you or a family member was injured, the personal injury statute of limitations is generally one year, per CC Art. 3492.
- If a family member was fatally injured, the wrongful death statute of limitations is generally one year, per CC Art. 2315.2.
You can leave the details of your case and the at-fault driver’s insurance company in our hands. Getting us involved in your case early lets us ensure compliance with the filing deadline. It also gives us the time required to investigate your case, collect the necessary evidence, and locate and interview witnesses.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Praise and Accolades for Our Legal Team
Of our help and support, previous clients had the following to say:
- “When I was in my accident… I contacted Laborde Earles for just some questions and ended up using them due to their professional attitudes and their overall experience. Debbie was very helpful… and was able to answer questions… and… get the process done.” – Jordan Bonno
- “Hands down best group of people I have ever had the privilege of working with. They are very compassionate kind and understanding… if you want a phenomenal lawyer that’s actually going to get you results, I recommend these people all the way. Thank you.” – LACAJUN420
- “Everyone was very polite and helped me to get more than I was expecting. They really went all out for me and helped me to get back on the road… Because of them, I was able to do my day-to-day activities without worrying about a thing.” – Anthony Parker
Your physical and financial recovery are important to our entire team, so we will advocate for you every step of the way after a DUI accident. You can read more about our law firm and how we operate when representing Louisiana residents on our testimonials page. See what it means to fight for financial recovery with our entire team on your side.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact One of Our Team Members Today
If you or someone you love was the victim of a drunk driving accident, our car accident lawyers can help you fight for compensation for your injuries and related expenses. Call our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team today to discuss your case: (337) 777-7777.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form