In recent years, there has been an increase in rideshare vehicle collisions in the U.S., and many of them were caused by rideshare drivers. If you’ve been involved in a Lyft collision and incurred physical and emotional injuries, act swiftly for help. You might be eligible for compensation against the liable party for the injuries and damages you sustained.
Consider getting legal help from a Ledoux Lyft accident lawyer. An attorney in this field can assist with securing compensation for any losses, including medical fees, emotional suffering, and physical pain.
How a Ledoux Lyft Accident Lawyer Can Help
There are more than 6 million reported vehicle accidents in the U.S. every year. Most of these accidents are minor fender benders, but a significant number of them result in severe injuries and death. Many of these accidents involve at least one driver on the clock for a ridesharing service like Lyft.
It’s essential to know the facts about what happens when a passenger is injured in a Lyft accident. According to Lyft’s insurance, coverage for the driver’s liability may be limited. Did you know there could be false promises of insurance coverage? Dealing with insurance adjusters is no easy feat, especially while you’re recuperating from the accident’s shock.
If you were involved in an accident with a Lyft driver, it would be much better to contact a Ledoux Lyft accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. A Ledoux Lyft accident lawyer will collect evidence, determine liability, liaise with other experts, negotiate with insurers, and take the matter to court if necessary.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Ledoux, call (337) 777-7777
How to Get Compensation If the Lyft Driver Is Liable
There are many ways that a Lyft driver can cause an accident, and in some cases, passengers can be injured. If you were injured in a Lyft accident and the driver was at fault, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical bills and other damages.
To help you understand your rights in this situation, here is a look at when to get compensation when the Lyft driver is the liable party:
The Lyft Driver Was Off Duty
If an accident occurs when a driver has logged off the Lyft app, it will typically be handled like any other car accident. The insurance company of the at-fault driver or the insurance company for their employer will handle the claim. In these situations, injured passengers might be eligible to recover compensation from their insurance policy or file a claim against the at-fault driver.
The Lyft Driver Was Logged on the App and Waiting for a Ride Request
In this instance, the driver is not considered to be working for Lyft. The driver is waiting for a ride request and may or may not have passengers in their car. Suppose the driver is at fault for the accident and doesn’t have sufficient insurance coverage or assets to pay for your losses. In that case, you may need to pursue compensation from Lyft’s liability insurance policy.
This policy is capped at $50,000 per person or $100,000 per accident for bodily injuries and $25,000 per accident for property damages.
The Lyft Driver Was Logged on the App and Has Accepted a Ride Request
When a driver accepts a ride request but has not yet picked up the passenger, they are considered to be working for Lyft and will be using their commercial insurance policy. This means that even if the driver doesn’t carry personal insurance coverage or if their personal policy doesn’t offer sufficient limits to cover your losses, you get Lyft’s insurance coverage amounting to $1 million.
Lyft provides insurance coverage, depending on whether a driver has accepted a ride request or waiting between requests. The insurance covers only those involved in rides who have downloaded and used the Lyft app. It will pay up to $1 million per incident, with no deductible on the company’s portion of liability coverage.
This is important because if Lyft is obligated to pay for damages, it will pay up to $1 million without having any money deducted from the amount it owes from deductibles.
Ledoux Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Lyft Settlements and Compensation
Every Lyft accident claim is different. Some victims can only collect property damage compensation, while others receive payment for their physical and mental injuries. The amount of compensation depends on the severity of your damages and losses.
In most cases, compensation is available for the following damages:
- Medical Expenses: This includes past, present, and future costs associated with your medical treatment arising from the accident. Ordinary medical expenses include hospital and ambulance bills, doctor visits, and physical therapy.
- Lost Wages: If you miss work as a result of your injury, you may be entitled to lost wages and lost earning capacity if you cannot return to work or make less money than before the accident due to your injuries.
- Disability: You may lose income and suffer a permanent disability due to your accident. That can significantly affect your quality of life, so it’s important to get compensation.
- Pain and Suffering: This refers to both physical pain and mental anguish caused by the accident. If your injuries are severe enough to cause you to suffer from constant pain, you should receive compensation. However, the amount will depend on the severity of your pain and how it affects your day-to-day life.
- Emotional Distress: If the trauma involved in this accident is severe enough to leave lasting emotional scars, you deserve to be compensated for them.
- Disability and Disfigurement: If your injuries leave you disabled or disfigured, they may require extensive medical treatments, like plastic surgery. You should not have to pay out of pocket for these treatments, especially if someone else’s negligence caused them.
Contact Our Lyft Accident Lawyer to Help with Your Claim
Whatever happens after a Lyft accident, you have legal recourse to take as a passenger or driver. Regardless of who was responsible for the accident, there’s still plenty that you can do to seek justice. Contacting Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is the first step to getting legal help for your compensation.
We can assess your case and guide you on the subsequent steps you need to take. Schedule a consultation with us today and let us help with your claim.