If you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident, the size and weight difference between vehicles could leave you with serious injuries. The injuries you or anyone in your vehicle sustain can lead to increased medical bills and loss of income. Our Opelousas big rig accident lawyer can help you navigate the financial recovery process.
We will fight hard to identify the at-fault party and the cause of your accident. We start by listening to your version of events that led to the collision during a free case review. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we handle the insurance company, so you do not have to. Our goal is to fight hard for the best possible outcome we can obtain for you.
How Our Big Rig Accident Attorneys Will Build Your Case
When we represent you in the aftermath of an accident, we work hard to prove your right to recover compensation. Our big rig accident lawyers will do all of the following in support of your case:
- Obtain and review your truck accident report
- Respond promptly to your questions and concerns
- Communicate with all parties involved in your case
- Collect and submit compelling evidence
- Obtain your employment records and pay history
- Document the negligence that caused the accident
- Obtain, complete, and submit insurance claim forms
- Negotiate a fair and appropriate financial settlement
When our lawyers take on your case, we do everything possible to build a solid case that leads to the compensation you need and deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Opelousas, call (337) 777-7777
How We Define Negligence in Large Truck Accident Cases
When we build your case, we start by collecting evidence that corroborates your version of events. We start with your truck accident report. It provides our team with key contact information and important details, including:
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Road and weather conditions
- Police-generated notes and diagrams
- Police-generated photos and videos
- Accident causes and contributing factors
Additional evidence we collect to build your case file includes:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Written prognosis
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
We take care of every detail of your case for you. Our big rig accident lawyer serving Opelousas, LA, will not tax you or your family with evidence collection.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Will Identify All Potentially Liable Parties
Truck accident cases are complicated because they can involve multiple negligent parties. On your own, that can make it difficult to know who to pursue for damages. Our law firm will identify the appropriate negligent party or parties and seek compensation accordingly.
Potentially liable parties could include the truck driver if his action directly contributed to the accident or his employer if the trucker was not properly licensed or trained. It can also include cargo loaders if the truck was not properly loaded. Other potentially liable parties include the manufacturer of the truck or its parts and the facility responsible for the truck’s repair and maintenance.
Opelousas Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Types of Recoverable Damages Victims Pursue in Big Rig Accidents
Big rig trucking accidents can have a variety of causes and lead to life-changing injuries. We fight hard to help your family recover the following:
- Treatments costs, including medical, therapy, and rehabilitation, including medication costs and assistive medical devices
- Lost wages for full and part-time employment and the loss of your future earning capacity
- Compensation for the physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering that often follows a severe accident
- The cost of modifying or retrofitting your home or vehicle to accommodate special needs related to your injuries
- The costs of restoring your vehicle to its pre-accident condition or of replacing it if it is declared a total loss
You are entitled to the compensation that helps you recover from your injuries and start putting your life back together. Our big rig accident lawyer will ensure your case leads to the financial recovery you need and deserve.
Our Law Firm Supports the Families of Big Rig Accident Fatalities
If your family lost a loved one in a trucking accident, you could hold the at-fault party accountable for the cost you incur when making their final arrangements. In addition to their funeral and burial costs, we help you recover the following:
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of their financial contributions
- Loss of their familial contributions
- Loss of consortium and society
- Loss of companionship and guidance
You have the condolences of our entire team and our big rig accident lawyer’s commitment to fighting for the compensation your family needs and deserves.
Our Big Rig Attorney Serving Opelousas, LA, Will File Your Lawsuit Timely
If your big rig accident case cannot be resolved with an insurance settlement, we will be quick to take your case to court. This is an unlikely scenario, but to protect your right to go to court, we ensure your lawsuit is filed within the time the state allows.
- You generally have a single year from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to CC Art. 3492.
- You generally have a single year from the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit, according to CC Art. 2315.2
Failing to meet the appropriate filing deadline could prevent you from filing your lawsuit. It could also mean you have no legal avenue that compels the at-fault party to compensate you. With sufficient notice from you, our big rig accident attorneys will avoid these costly consequences by ensuring your lawsuit is filed on time.
Let Our Opelousas Big Rig Accident Attorney Get Started on Your Case Today
If you or someone you love was injured in a collision with a big rig, we could help you build a strong case for monetary recovery. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our big rig accident lawyer serving Opelousas will help you navigate personal injury and insurance law. Contact us today when you are ready to build a strong case for financial compensation.