According to crash data research from Louisiana State University, statewide traffic fatalities have been on the rise, with a marked 14.2% jump between 2011 and 2017. Among these statistics are truck accidents, which are known to cause severe injuries upon colliding with a passenger vehicle.
If you or a loved one has been in a collision involving a truck on the roads of Leonville, the first thing that you should do is seek medical attention if you have not already. After you have received care, call the team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 to discuss a course of action.
Truck Accidents Can Have More Than One At-Fault Party
Truck-involved accidents often feature multiple liable parties.
Defendants in your case may include:
- The driver of the truck involved in your accident
- The organization that hired or employed the truck driver
- The truck manufacturer if the accident was caused by a vehicle-related malfunction or failure
To assign liability to the responsible party, your Leonville truck accident lawyer will need to collect and review evidence pertaining to your accident. This could include the police report filed at the scene of the collision, available traffic surveillance footage, and photographs of the damage. When you work with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, your legal team collects these items for you. After a traumatic accident, your job is to focus on recovery; our job is to determine who is responsible for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Leonville, call (337) 777-7777
Services Our Team of Leonville Accident Lawyers Can Provide
After your free consultation, you will be able to speak with a legal professional regarding the details of your case. This is your opportunity to share your narrative concerning what led up to your accident, what happened immediately afterward, and how your life has been transformed since then. Our offices will promptly file your claim to promote swift action.
Once we have accomplished that task, you can expect us to:
- Speak with your doctor to get a full understanding of your injuries
- Collect any available evidence relevant to your case
- Reach out to the other party’s counsel to explore settlement options
- Negotiate for a fair settlement agreement that covers your economic and noneconomic damages
The goal of your legal team is to be your advocate during this difficult time. When you work with us, you can rest assured that we are looking out for your best interests.
Spotting Negligence in a Truck Accident Case
Negligence is at the heart of proving the losses incurred from your accident. We believe that the party responsible for your injuries should pay the cost of your damages, not you. To do this, we must demonstrate that another party breached their duty of care by being reckless.
If the individual trucker directly caused your collision, possible negligent actions may include:
- Engaging in distracted driving, such as texting or addressing others
- Failing to exercise caution in adverse weather conditions
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or fatigue
- Failing to brake at a safe distance from another vehicle
- Violating basic traffic safety principles
We may be able to assign liability to the entity responsible for the trucker’s employment. Under the doctrine “respondeat superior,” we can assign vicarious liability to the trucking company itself.
Some actions that can qualify as vicarious liability include:
- Failing to conduct background checks for potential employees
- Hiring staff that did not have the appropriate licensure or endorsements to operate heavy machinery
- Neglecting to drug test their staff regularly
- Neglecting to oversee the periodic maintenance of vehicles
- Imposing unreasonable delivery deadlines that encourage risky driving
Finally, we may be able to hold the company that built the truck itself responsible for your accident. In the course of our investigation, should we find that a defective truck part made it so the driver could not safely perform their duties, this provides another avenue for compensation. To prove this, we will likely contract the expertise of a professional who works in the automotive industry to identify what truck element caused the crash. A faulty trailer hitch, improperly installed brakes, or a defective truck attachment can be deadly if not properly implemented.
Hopefully, these examples give you an idea of how negligence may look in a truck accident-related claim. Yet there may be parties that can be found responsible that we have not listed here. For more information on what this may entail, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777.
Leonville Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Possible Compensation From a Leonville Truck Accident Claim
Your case is one of a kind. The combination of circumstances, parties involved, and the legal team will not be the exact same as another claim that came before it. Working with these variables can prove to be challenging on one’s own. When working with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we can work to make this process as simple as possible.
If we are successful in pursuing your claim, some items you may be able to recover can include:
- The cost of medical bills
- Lost wages resulting from your prolonged recovery period
- Any long-term disability inflicted by the accident, which could reduce your earning capacity
- Expenses stemming from long-term physical therapy costs
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death
Call a Leonville truck accident lawyer today to begin your pursuit of these awards and any additional funds for which you may be entitled.
Call Our Team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Do not wait to seek legal help from a Leonville truck accident lawyer, as Louisiana imposes a statute of limitations of one year on wrongful death and personal injury cases. However, depending on who was involved in your accident, this may be subject to change.
Our team works on a contingency basis; we do not get paid unless you accept a settlement offer, whether that be in or outside of court. We work for you.
Focus on getting your life back on track by calling our team today. To start your free consultation, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form