When you or a loved one is injured in a car accident, after seeking medical attention, your next step should include reviewing your legal options. According to Louisiana State University, in 2019, over 730 people suffered car-accident related injuries in the St. Landry parish. This data suggests that the threat of careless driving in Leonville is as real as ever.
If you were injured or a loved one passed away as a result of a motor vehicle collision, you could collect awards to cover the cost of your losses. Louisiana has a short window for pursuing a civil action. You only have one year from the date of your accident in which you sustained injuries, and one year from the date of your loved one’s death to seek damages from the negligent party. Call our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 for a free consultation.
A Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Spot Negligence in Your Case
One of your lawyer’s primary goals will be to determine who was responsible for your collision. Our firm has over 250 years of combined experience that we are ready to put to work on your behalf. When we review your case, we know what to look for when assigning liability.
Some of the most common motorist behaviors that can lead to a car accident can include:
- Failing to use headlights at dusk or dawn
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or fatigue
- Violating posted traffic signals
One of the leading causes of car accidents today is distracted driving. Recently, the World Health Organization (WHO) listed mobile phone use while driving as a health hazard. Their research notes that drivers who text and drive are four times more likely to get into an accident than their counterparts who do not.
When you work with us, we can examine your accident’s causation from all angles to assign negligence. If we find that distracted driving or any other avoidable factor contributed to your crash, we can hold the liable party responsible for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Leonville, call (337) 777-7777
Our Team Has Your Interests at Heart
The dedicated staff at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has worked with many people in situations just like yours. We can take on all your legal matters while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Our goal is to put together a case for compensation on your behalf, and we can do this by:
- Meeting with you (either in person or over the phone) to discuss the details of your case
- Investigating the cause of your accident and assigning accountability
- Handling communications with the other party’s legal counsel
- Keeping you updated on your case’s proceedings
- Negotiating for a fair settlement to cover the cost of your accident-related expenses
- Representing you in court if we cannot reach a settlement agreement without a judge’s verdict
A Leonville car accident attorney can take on your legal burdens while you move forward in your recovery. We can handle your case from the minute it starts to the second it finishes. Give Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers a call today at (337) 777-7777.
Leonville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Steps You Can Take to Bolster Your Claim
After your accident, you may be wondering what you can do on your end to ensure that your claim goes smoothly. While it is not 100% necessary, the following can help your case work out in your favor.
These steps may include:
- Refraining from social media. You may want to reach out to your friends and family while posting about your crash to social media. Insurance adjusters are known to comb through the public profiles of claimants who are pursuing damages. Unfortunately, this could work against you. For example, if you claim that you have suffered injuries that have limited your mobility, and then post pictures of yourself engaging in athletic activity, this may raise skepticism about the extent of your trauma.
- Keep all relevant documents. Having copies of the accident’s police report, medical receipts, and other useful information can help your lawyer keep the claims process running smoothly. Not only can this provide a direct link between yourself and the collision, but it can also give your legal team an idea of the total cost of your damages.
- Do not make statements without a lawyer. In the aftermath of your collision, you will be approached by an insurance adjuster (or the other party’s legal team) to make statements regarding your incurred losses. The information you give can be twisted into remarks that you did not mean and can work against you. By working with a car accident lawyer, you can avoid these pitfalls.
Click to contact our Areas Our Louisiana Personal Injury Lawyerss Serve today
You Could Collect Financial Coverage for Your Losses
One of the services we can provide is estimating the value of your claim. Everyone’s needs after a car accident can vary. The driver may be experiencing very different losses than the person in the back seat,
Depending on the circumstances of your collision, some losses you may be able to pursue can include:
- The cost of emergency transportation, medical procedures, treatment, and in-patient stays
- Any wages lost due to a prolonged recovery period
- The value of any personal, educational, or professional pursuits that you can no longer seek because of your injuries
- Long-term disability
- Diminished earning power caused by your injuries
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death
Pursuing damages can quickly become complicated. This is where a Leonville car accident lawyer can step in. If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, then you deserve legal representation. Our staff operates on a contingency basis. What this means is that we do not get paid until you accept a settlement offer. If we cannot get you the costs you need to cover your expenses, then we do not get paid.
To learn more, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form