U.S. Highway 90 in Lafayette, LA, is known for its extreme risk of severe injury or death for motorcyclists in crashes. So, if you or a loved one sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, our Highway 90 motorcycle accident lawyers could help you take legal action.
You could be entitled to monetary damages for the losses resulting from the crash, including your medical expenses, motorcycle repair costs, lost income from missed work, and more. You may even qualify for compensation for the noneconomic consequences of the crash, including pain and suffering. Laborde Earles will help you fight for maximum compensation.
A Highway 90 Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You Take Legal Action
As you recover from a motorcycle accident injury or grieve the loss of your loved one who died in a motorcycle crash, you may wonder how a legal claim can help you. The purpose of personal injury and wrongful death claims is twofold. First, taking legal action after a motorcycle crash can:
- Give you a sense of justice.
- Provide an ability to hold the at-fault party accountable.
- Help cover accident-related expenses, including medical bills, lost income, or funeral costs.
Bringing a successful motorcycle crash injury claim is a challenging endeavor. Insurance companies will try to avoid paying crash victims by denying their client’s culpability for the accident, undervaluing the financial harm caused by the crash, and claiming that a victim’s injuries are not as severe as they allege.
However, having Louisiana attorneys who care for your interests will help you avoid being taken advantage of by these tactics.
Amount of Compensation Available in a Motorcycle Accident Case
The compensation available to motorcycle accident victims and their families varies from case to case. The main factors that will affect your financial recovery include the following:
- The severity of the accident
- The types of injuries you or your loved one sustained
- The effects the injuries or death had on your life
- The financial losses resulting from the accident
For a free legal consultation with a highway 90 motorcycle accident lawyer serving Lafayette, call (337) 777-7777
Types of Damages in a Louisiana Motorcycle Crash Claim
Louisiana law allows injured victims to bring a personal injury claim against a party if that party caused them injuries that led to financial losses. You may be entitled to monetary compensation for economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages include:
- Medical expenses, such as the ambulance ride to the hospital, emergency room care, doctor’s visits, hospitalizations, mental health treatment, medications, and surgeries
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost income from missed work
- Property damage, including the cost of repairing or replacing your bike
You could also qualify for compensation for noneconomic damages. These are the intangible, personal damages that a receipt or bill doesn’t quantify, such as the following:
- Physical pain
- Psychological and emotional suffering
- Loss of quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages for a Fatal Motorcycle Crash
Motorists travel at a high rate of speed on Highway 90, so a crash involving one can lead to catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Nothing could compensate your family for this tragic loss if your loved one died in a motorcycle accident on Highway 90. However, a wrongful death claim may help you cover the following damages:
- The cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial
- Any medical bills incurred from treatment your loved one received
- Lost income and benefits
- Lost services your loved one would have provided
You could also recover the following noneconomic damages in a wrongful death claim:
- Your grief and mental anguish
- The loss of your loved one’s companionship, care, and support
Lafayette Highway 90 Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Why Choose a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer from Laborde Earles?
The Highway 90 motorcycle accident lawyers at Laborde Earles recognize the far-reaching consequences of a serious motorcycle crash. You probably feel as if your world has turned upside down. Our team is dedicated to protecting the rights of motorcycle accident victims and pursuing justice.
We will walk you through the process of filing a claim and pursuing compensation, so you do not have to go through this alone. Our lawyers can:
- Investigate the crash and gather crucial evidence such as camera footage, police reports, medical records, witness testimony, and crash scene evidence.
- Calculate your economic and noneconomic damages.
- Identify liability for the crash.
- File a claim and handle all associated paperwork.
- Communicate with the at-fault parties, insurance companies, and other involved parties for you.
- Negotiate for a favorable settlement from the insurer.
- Represent you in any court proceedings.
- Keep you informed about your case and answer any questions that arise.
- Treat you with respect and compassion.
Click to contact our Lafayette Motorcycle Accident Lawyers today
Liability for a Highway 90 Motorcycle Accident
According to the Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development, seven Lafayette County motorcyclists died in a crash in 2022, and 88 sustained injuries.
Many motorcycle crashes result from other drivers’ carelessness behind the wheel. Texting and driving, speeding, drunk driving, or inattention are all factors that may lead to a crash that injures or kills a motorcyclist. However, other parties may also be liable for motorcycle crashes, including the following:
- A negligent driver
- A trucking company or carrier
- The employer of a commercial driver
- The manufacturer, designer, or supplier of a defective motorcycle part
- A negligent motorcycle mechanic
Our legal team has the necessary knowledge and resources to investigate the crash, determine responsibility, and hold that party accountable.
Act Before the Statute of Limitations Runs Out
Unlike many other states, Louisiana only has a one-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits, per CC Art. 3492. So, if you suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash, be sure to act quickly because the court may disregard any lawsuits filed after the statute of limitations expires. A one-year statute of limitations also binds wrongful death claims.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call our Highway 90 Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you suffered an injury or a loved one died in a motorcycle crash on Highway 90 in the Lafayette, LA, area, contact Laborde Earles today. Our attorneys know what you are going through, and we can be strong advocates on your behalf.
Our motorcycle injury and wrongful death attorneys work on contingency, meaning we only collect a legal fee for our services if we successfully get you compensation. So, schedule a free consultation and get help from Louisiana attorneys that care.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form