Southern Louisiana is home to many thriving industries, including aviation, energy, manufacturing, and maritime. The conditions in these industries can pose certain dangers and risks, including electrocution injuries that may occur in these types of jobs. If you or someone you love suffered an electricution injury, you could be entitled to financial recovery. Our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you identify and pursue the at-fault party. Reach out to a Lafayette Catastrophic Injury Lawyer to discuss your situation.
Our Lafayette electrocution accident lawyer will investigate your accident, collect supporting evidence, and communicate and negotiate with the insurance company. The road to recovery after an electrocution injury can be long and costly, so concentrate on getting better. While you recuperate, we concentrate on building the strongest possible compensation case for you.
Dangerous Occupations in Southern Louisiana
Many of the occupations that fuel certain industries in Southern Louisiana have inherent risks. Even so, everyone is entitled to a safe workplace, and your employer must have certain safeguards, training, safety benchmarks, and industry regulations that protect you and other employees.
Hazards with greater risks of electrocution include falls, confined spaces, fires and explosions, and environmental stress. Per South Louisiana, these industries and associated hazards include:
- Aviation — Faulty electrical systems, improper maintenance, faulty repairs or unmade repairs, and aircraft battery or battery storage issues (Air Space Coordination)
- Energy — Machinery misuse, equipment misuse or malfunction, and lack of appropriate knowledge or training (Occupational Health & Safety)
- Manufacturing/Construction — Lack of personal protection equipment, lack of hazard recognition, and negligence around electrical lines (OSHA)
- Maritime — Defective electrical tools, improper training, unsafe electrical phasing, inaccurate schematics, and corroded connectors (OSHA)
If you or a loved one was injured at work due to negligence, our electrocution accident lawyer in Lafayette can help you seek financial compensation.
Types of Electrocution Injuries in Lafayette
According to StatPearls research, there are four primary types of electrical injuries:
- Flash injuries, which typically cause largely superficial burns
- Flame injuries involving an arc flash that may ignite clothing
- Lightning injuries in which a short but high electrical jolt flows throughout the body
- True injuries in which the injured person becomes part of an electrical circuit
When our electrocution accident attorney in Lafayette, LA, represents you, we obtain medical records and accident reports that establish the cause of your injuries. We may consult subject matter experts and identify the negligent person or entity and fight for financial compensation.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
Compensation Options After an Electrocution Accident in Lafayette
Recovering from an electrical injury can take significant time and result in costly medical care and rehabilitation. When our electrocution accident attorney in Lafayette, LA, represents you, we may request the following compensation on your behalf:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost income
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
If someone you love did not survive their electrocution injuries, you have our deepest condolences, as well as our commitment to helping your family recover wrongful death damages, including your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses. We can explain which family members can benefit from a wrongful death action. You can speak with a Lafayette personal injury lawyer to help you pursue compensation.
We Work Hard to Meet Lafayette, Louisiana’s Filing Deadline
When the negligence of another person or entity is responsible for your injuries, you are entitled to obtain financial recovery. The timing of your potential lawsuit is a critical part of preparing your case since the state imposes a filing deadline on all civil lawsuits. In general:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is one year from the date you were injured, according to CC Art. 3492.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is one year from the date of a loved one’s demise, according to CC Art. 2315.2.
Complying with the statute of limitations is mandatory but can be difficult. Our legal team can handle this aspect of your case and work to file your lawsuit within the allotted time.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
What It Means to Put Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Work on Your Lafayette Case
Every client we represent is a priority for every member of our team. To bolster and support your case, our electrocution accident lawyer serving Lafayette will:
- Investigate your electrocution accident
- Assess the value of your case
- Build a solid case file
- Handle case-related communication
- Complete and submit paperwork
- Clarify complex legal language
We also provide regular updates on any developments or progress in your case. We handle settlement negotiations, fighting hard for the compensation you need and deserve. If we cannot reach a settlement agreement, we can prepare to take your case to court.
Our History of Client Reviews and Recommendations
When clients we represented in the past talk about our commitment to their case and to ongoing support, they say:
- Joshua Richison: Brittany Wiley was awesome every step of the way…[she] kept me posted regularly and answered every question that I had. She was amazing. if I could give more than 5 stars I would!
- Jacob Shay: I will be referring everyone…I know to them…They were the absolute best to me and my son…We were treated with so much dignity and respect and felt so important to them…If I could pick more than 5 stars I would, without a doubt!
Our law firm has more than 350 years of combined personal injury experience, which means we give your case the time and attention to detail it needs and deserves.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Call 24/7/365 for Your Lafayette Electrocution Accident Case Review
Did you or a loved one recently suffer an electrical injury? If your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, we can help. Our Lafayette electrocution accident lawyer can file a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
You do not have to pursue the at-fault party on your own. Contact one of our case review team members at Laborde Earles to start building your case for financial compensation today.