Rebuilding your residential or commercial property after a hurricane is stressful enough without having to battle with your insurance company for compensation. Rather than fight for insurance coverage on your own, you can hire our firm to represent you. We can read and review your policy, document your damages, and file your initial application – or file an appeal if you received a claim denial.
Our Houma hurricane damage lawyer will help you scrutinize your insurance policy by reading all the fine print to help you get the maximum available coverage and the best possible outcome. We also make sure you understand how your deductible works and the insurance company’s responsibility once it is met. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we fight to help you rebuild your property and your life.
You Can Put Your Trust in Our Hurricane Damage Law Firm
When you purchased homeowner, hurricane, or flood insurance, you did so with the belief that your insurance provider would fulfill the promises of your policy and help you if the need arose. In the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, home and business owners all over Louisiana are turning to their insurers for coverage to restore or rebuild their property.
This is where our team comes in. We fight hard for you to get the compensation you need right when you need it most. To help you get a fresh start without adding to an already stressful situation, our team will:
- Help you document your property damage
- Read and review your policy and any add-ons
- Handle all claim forms and information requests
- Represent you in all insurance company communication
- Ensure your insurance claim is accurate, complete, and filed on time
Our lawyers also make sure your insurer acts in good faith, which includes handling your case in a timely manner and providing you with prompt responses and fair decisions.
Leave the Insurance Company to Our Attorneys
As Insurance Information Institute (III) outlines, you may be required to pay a hurricane deductible before your policy kicks in to provide compensation. If your policy contains this caveat, we make sure you do not overpay your deductible and that your insurance company meets their responsibility once you meet this payment threshold.
While we understand that your insurance company might be overwhelmed with compensation requests right now, we also know they are still required to treat you and your claim fairly. Our team makes sure they do not engage in bad faith insurance practices – as outlined in Per RS 22:1973 – at your expense. Bad faith practices include:
- Misrepresenting the facts of your policy or altering your application
- Failing to issue prompt payment after a settlement amount is reached
- Taking any other evasive or illegal action regarding your claim
If any of these actions are part of your settlement process, our attorneys can pursue your insurer for additional compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane damage lawyer serving Houma, call (337) 777-7777
Bring Us a Complete Copy of Your Hurricane Insurance Policy
On your own, it can be difficult to understand the complex language of an insurance policy. Our team’s familiarity with state and local insurance law means we can carefully scrutinize your policy and document your property damage in the insurer’s preferred manner. Damage that your policy covers can include:
- Interior and exterior structural damage
- Damage from fallen trees and flying debris
- Water damage from wind, rain, and flooding
- Damage to your property’s roof and foundation
To prove the extent of your property damage, we can compile photos, videos, and witness statements. We also collect receipts for the costs of boarding up your property and relocating your family in the immediate aftermath of the hurricane.
Do Not Let Your Fight for Compensation End with a Claim Denial
Our attorneys representing property owners in Houma will help you submit your initial or amended claim documents. With help from a hurricane damage lawyer, you do not have to give up hope of compensation simply because your initial request was denied. To appeal a denial on your behalf, our team will:
- Review your denial letter
- Uncover the flaws in your original claim
- Supplement your evidence
- Submit an amended claim
- Explain the coverage of your policy
You are never alone when our team fights for you. A complete rejection of your application is not the only reason we could file an appeal for you. We can also appeal a lowball offer, an offer of partial compensation, a denial made without merit, or a denial made in bad faith.
We Fight Hard to Obtain Financial Recovery for Our Clients
Our team believes you should be able to depend on the protection you purchased for your home. While fighting for you, we strive to provide supportive and compassionate service. When they talk about what it was like working with our team, previous clients say:
- “The staff at Laborde Earles is top notch. To the attorneys that handled my case (Kelby & Scott), to all the paralegals and other staff that assisted me with my case, all were awesome. Would highly recommend!!” – Kyle
- “They are very quick to get back to me. They are always polite and friendly and helpful. They helped me to get all the info I needed to have. I would definitely refer them to whoever needs a lawyer!!” – Carol
- “They helped me when the other party’s insurance wouldn’t answer my calls! They got the job done and efficiently!” – Lacey
Having a legal team that you can trust on your side is a critical part of doing battle with your insurance company. You can browse our client testimonials page to read more about why Louisiana residents trust us – and why you can, too.
Houma Hurricane Damage Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Contact One of Our Team Members Today
If your home or business in Houma – or elsewhere in Terrebonne Parish – sustained damage in the recent hurricane, we can help you seek compensation from your insurance company. Find out how hard our hurricane damage lawyer will fight for your coverage by contacting one of our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team members at (337) 777-7777 today.