If you believe someone else is to blame for your injury, a personal injury lawyer from our office can help you make a strong case for compensation. Here are 8 reasons to consider a personal injury attorney when you are thinking of filing a lawsuit against the party that caused your accident.
Know Your Options
Taking a quick payout from the at-fault party’s insurance company is not always the best way to go. Their initial offer may not meet your financial needs and accepting a lowball offer can prevent you from seeking any more compensation in the future.
Our team can advise you about what your legal options are by:
- Assessing your case’s validity at no charge or obligation
- Explaining pertinent laws and regulations that affect your rights
- Helping you decide when to take a settlement and when to go to court
For a free legal consultation, call 337-221-9907
Organize Your Case
Filing a lawsuit involves a lot of paperwork and technical legal knowledge. Luckily, we can take care of it all, so you do not have to worry about:
- Missing a deadline
- Filling out an incorrect form or filling out a form incorrectly
- Using inaccurate or incriminating language
Team of Investigators
Law firms like ours work with experienced teams of investigators who can help collect information about your case. We can strengthen your case by:
- Talking to witnesses
- Examining the scene of the accident
- Requesting documentary evidence
- Reviewing audiovisual footage of the accident
Work with Experts
Occasionally, expert testimony is needed to prove a personal injury case. For example:
- A doctor can confirm the severity of your injuries and explain the impact those injuries will have on your life.
- A vocational rehabilitator can explain why your injuries make it impossible for you to work in the job you trained for.
- An accident reconstruction specialist can explain how the accident was more likely than not caused by the at-fault party.
Our lawyers have been in the legal industry for decades, so we have connections that can help our clients obtain critical testimony from relevant experts.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Focus on What Is Important
If you are dealing with an injury, the last thing you want to worry about is how your lawsuit is progressing. Leaving your case in the hands of our personal injury lawyers can:
- Give you peace of mind while you visit doctors, go through therapy or anything else that is necessary for your recovery
- Enable you to spend time with your family and friends rather than at a negotiating table or in the courtroom
- Give you more time to consider how you will recover and rebuild your life from here
Experience with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies can be extremely reluctant to pay out. They may put up many obstacles in your path, such as:
- Blaming the accident or your injuries on your own actions
- Refusing to come to the negotiating table
- Offering a quick but inadequate settlement to try to convince you not to exercise your legal right to sue
We are familiar with these and other tricks the insurance company may try. We can negotiate with them to make sure you receive the compensation you are owed.
While we are able to successfully settle many cases out of court, there are some instances when going to court is the only way to get fair compensation.
Trials are strictly regulated by many laws and rules that may be challenging for a layperson to understand. Instead of trying to sort through it by yourself, let one of our personal injury attorneys:
- Schedule the trial dates
- Deliver opening and closing statements
- Submit evidence to the court
- Participate in jury selection
- Request evidence from the liable party
- Question witnesses on the stand
- Raise objections or file motions as necessary
You know that your injuries may entitle you to compensation, but what specific types of compensation can you pursue? Our team can review the evidence and your testimony to determine what combination of the following you should ask for.
- Lost income or earning capacity
- Medical expenses
- Other expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Impaired quality of life
We can also calculate the exact amount of money that you should specify in your lawsuit. This way, you know your case’s worth and cannot be lowballed by the insurance company.
Start with a Free Consultation Today
These 8 reasons are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the benefits a personal injury attorney can bring to your case. If you are considering filing a claim or a lawsuit after an accident, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777. We can get you started with a free case review today.